October/November Questions

tracymiami

Mouseketeer
Still planning for Oct/Nov 03 just some questions again!!!!

What sort of time do parks close?

Does it get much colder than Sep and is the rain alot better?

What is planned for Halloween?

Does it get really busy at any point around that time?

Is it warm enough to swim in the evenings?

Thanks will be sure to post more when i think of them

Hugs

T ;)

Hi T,

Our trip this October will be our third at this time of year and it's definitely our favourite for crowds and weather. Maybe we have been lucky, but the only rain we've experienced at this time of year was on our very first trip and our very first visit to a WDW park (MK) on our first day. It rained for about 20 minutes as we entered the park.

Again, we've been lucky with the temperatures - what I would describe as sublime summer days in the UK. We went the last two weeks in August/first week in September in 2000 and had lots of rain/thunderstorms, and it was <i>very</i> hot.

We've done Halloween Horror Nights at Universal which is a scream (excuse the pun!) and we'll be doing it again this trip, although the venue is moving to Islands of Adventure for the first time this year. Don't miss the Bill and Ted show - excellent! :rolleyes:

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at MK will be a first for us, although we have done Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and I'm expecting it to be similar.

Our favourite event of all is the International Food and Wine Festival at Epcot's World Showcase. We spend the entire day wandering from country to country sampling the food and drink offerings (ranging from about $2 to $5 for the food).

The parks do close earlier - about 6 or 7pm for MK (unless Spectromagic is scheduled when it's about 9pm, or MNSSHP which is a separately ticketed event), normal time for Epcot (9pm), about 7.30pm for MGM, 5pm for AK, various times between 5.30pm and 7pm for Universal, 7-8pm for IoA (except for HHN nights - separately ticketed event).

We've never noticed huge crowds during October. We have always avoided Early Entry days which have now been suspended, so it will be interesting to see how this affects crowd patterns.

It's always been warm enough for us to swim during the evenings - like I said we've always experienced high temperatures and good weather. We do pay to have the pool heated, though, even in the summer months. I wouldn't say it's necessary, just preferable.

Hi,
Just a few thoughts to start you off.
Oct tends to be hot and humid like Sept. By November it has usually cooled down some and is a LOT drier mainly because of the early sunsets and the end of the hurricane season. We have been many times in Nov and the weather can vary a lot from year to year but generally you shouldn't see much rain. You will probably need a sweatshirt early morning and evenings but middle of the day is usually shorts & Ts.
Parks are busy in Oct around the American "Bank Holiday" and in late Oct with English Half-termers. Nov is very quiet except for around Thanksgiving.
Parks tend to close early most days and if you want to see Spectro you will probably need to do Magic Kingdom on a Friday or Saturday. Having said that, nothing has been normal since Sept 11 so check park Hours just before you go then again as soon as you get there.
Swimming in the evening is no problem but you will need a heated pool.
We love Nov personally because the Parks are usually quiet enough to not queue much for rides and getting a Restaurant seat is pretty easy.
Carol:cool:

Hi guys

Thanks for that. Oct/Nov is looking good we were planning on going on 27 October so right at the end.

Do you know which parks do special things for Halloween and how many nights they are on, as I don't want to miss anything.

Hugs

T :p

According to Universal's website, Halloween Horror Nights is scheduled for the following dates:

Sun 13, Wed 16, Thur 17, Fri 18, Sat 19, Wed 23, Thur, 24, Fri 25, Sat 26, Sun 27, Wed 30, Thur 31 October, Fri 1, Sat 2 November. Friday and Saturday nights are 7pm-2pm, other nights 7pm-midnight.

MNSSHP is scheduled for:

Wed 11, Thu 17, Sun 20, Fri 25, Sun 27, Wed 30 October and Thur 1 November.

Forgot to mention that guests are not permitted to wear costumes at HHN, but you are positively encouraged to do so at MNSSHP.

for all you wicked tips. Deb really appreciate you looking up dates for me you are a SWEETIE :p

Ben loved the site popped in me faves along with a 100 others!!!!

Cheers all, Oct is looking better and better. We are planning to fly out on the 27 October so most of our holiday will be in November.

So excited will try and book this week :o)

Loads of hugs

T :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter