October Pre & Trip reports

Just booked Sunday October 28th at noon! I’m thinking that is considered brunch but please correct me if I’m wrong! That’s our Halloween party night as well, so hoping it will leave us just hungry enough to try a few of the special party treats!

We are arriving on 11/16 - can’t wait! We will leave 12/7? Grumpy Aggie added some days. Hope we can get together with all in that time frame & have a meet & greet. Keep the fun & pictures coming, if U have time. Can’t wait to see the golf cart parade in Oct. I know we are 2 months out. I feel like Tiggerdad GF is too fancy for us. Have fun,

Back again for the Food and Wine Festival and Halloween. Check in on Friday, Oct 19th and check out on Friday, Nov 16th. DD will be with us for awhile and then my wife's sister and her DH for a while. We will have a little alone time to relax and enjoy the Fort. We really enjoy sitting in the rocking chairs at Crockett's Tavern and sipping on some coffee in the morning.

Back again for the Food and Wine Festival and Halloween. Check in on Friday, Oct 19th and check out on Friday, Nov 16th. DD will be with us for awhile and then my wife's sister and her DH for a while. We will have a little alone time to relax and enjoy the Fort. We really enjoy sitting in the rocking chairs at Crockett's Tavern and sipping on some coffee in the morning.

Almost a month!! Soooo lucky!
party:

Today was my 60 day mark......but no FP for Slinky Dog :sad:. Mine Train was available, which means I may snag Slinky Dog in about four years. :rolleyes:

Today was my 60 day mark......but no FP for Slinky Dog :sad:. Mine Train was available, which means I may snag Slinky Dog in about four years. :rolleyes:
Today is our 60 day mark also!! We just have the two magic Kingdom parties to go to but I did get fast passes for Mine Train on our first party day!

Today was our 60 day mark and we did manage to get Slinky Dog and Flight of Passage. Alien Swirling Saucers later in the stay. We subscribe to Touringplans.com and the crowd levels during this time are really good. A couple of the days when there is a party at the MK, touring plans has the crowd level listed as a 1. We are going to go there in the morning without FP and ride what we can. I planned our FP for those days at another park for the evening. The highest "predicted" crowd level during our stay is a 6 and that is only for the first day of our Ressie. (10/27) :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Steve

Today was our 60 day mark and we did manage to get Slinky Dog and Flight of Passage. Alien Swirling Saucers later in the stay. We subscribe to Touringplans.com and the crowd levels during this time are really good. A couple of the days when there is a party at the MK, touring plans has the crowd level listed as a 1. We are going to go there in the morning without FP and ride what we can. I planned our FP for those days at another park for the evening. The highest "predicted" crowd level during our stay is a 6 and that is only for the first day of our Ressie. (10/27) :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Steve

Lucky you, I was logged in and ready right at 7am and no luck. We did get the Alien Saucers, and we have already done FOP. We have another trip in November, so I will try again for Slinky Dog on that one.

Coming in on the 24th and I was able to get everything Slinky, Alien and FOP with being flexible on what park we went to. It may have helped that I was a few days ahead of the Halloween rush. For those that didn't get a FP the word is if you are there at rope drop Slinky is easy to get on with out it. Now if I can just get my girlfriend to be able to get off work too so she and her daughter can go.

Since we won't be there for trick or treating, I am going to do something similar to what I did at Easter. I have bought a bunch of small plastic pumpkins that can be stuffed with goodies. Will stuff mostly with candy but about half will also have Disney trading pins. If you will be there 10/27-10/30 and you have kids ( or even if you don't) post your site once you check in and I will drop of a couple. Have also been working on our cart "costume" for the parade, getting close to being done. I am so ready to get out all my Halloween decorations to see what I have and sort out what I want to take with us. Getting excited, now I just wish the weather would drop about 10 degrees as it is still running in the mid 90's with high humidity. So ready for some fall weather.

Our FPs worked out fine and got Slinky and FoP but booked them further out into our stay so there was more availability. I think I'm still going to attempt the crazy AK rope drop early into our stay one morning to get another FoP ride in.

What's the current Halloween Trick/Treating situation for The Fort this year? I know they used to have a sign up sheet to hand out candy in past years, but I believe that's gone away. We currently don't have any set plans for Halloween night so we may hand out candy. Do we still need to sign up? ... Just set-up shop with a table near the road? How's this been done recently?

Since we won't be there for trick or treating, I am going to do something similar to what I did at Easter. I have bought a bunch of small plastic pumpkins that can be stuffed with goodies. Will stuff mostly with candy but about half will also have Disney trading pins. If you will be there 10/27-10/30 and you have kids ( or even if you don't) post your site once you check in and I will drop of a couple. Have also been working on our cart "costume" for the parade, getting close to being done. I am so ready to get out all my Halloween decorations to see what I have and sort out what I want to take with us. Getting excited, now I just wish the weather would drop about 10 degrees as it is still running in the mid 90's with high humidity. So ready for some fall weather.
What a sweet and awesome thing to do! I have 2 kids that love collecting pins- they would think that was awesome! We’ll definitely be posting here on the 27th once we get checked in- hoping for 1400 close to where we’ve always been!
:yay:

Our FPs worked out fine and got Slinky and FoP but booked them further out into our stay so there was more availability. I think I'm still going to attempt the crazy AK rope drop early into our stay one morning to get another FoP ride in.

What's the current Halloween Trick/Treating situation for The Fort this year? I know they used to have a sign up sheet to hand out candy in past years, but I believe that's gone away. We currently don't have any set plans for Halloween night so we may hand out candy. Do we still need to sign up? ... Just set-up shop with a table near the road? How's this been done recently?

For the past two years trick or treating has been on the 31st and yes, you should sign up. You will get a sign to put at your site.

:eek: Look, the day I need is available"...............but.........

IMG_1266.PNG

The website is not!!!!!!:furious:. Ed, I jinxed myself :sad1:. So to the phones I went, Been on hold for almost 15 minutes. What are the odds it will still be available by the time they come to the phone. And what's more annoying is the robot lady on the phone keeps reminding me "did you know that most reservations can be modified online" no crap lady, that's what I was trying to do!

Update: website on destop kept taking me to the European site, very strange, so while still on hold ( now over 30 minutes) I try the iPad, I still can't get into my reservations through MyDisneyExperience, but the full hookup for the date I want is still available, so I cave, hang up the phone and just book a second reservation online. So tomorrow I will do it Ed's way and call to combine the two.

Last edited:
:eek: Look, the day I need is available"...............but.........

View attachment 347389

The website is not!!!!!!:furious:. Ed, I jinxed myself :sad1:. So to the phones I went, Been on hold for almost 15 minutes. What are the odds it will still be available by the time they come to the phone. And what's more annoying is the robot lady on the phone keeps reminding me "did you know that most reservations can be modified online" no crap lady, that's what I was trying to do!

Terri, terri.....

Disney Cast Members are standing by to take your reservation and make your Walt Disney World vacation magical......

giphy.gif

I would joke that I called in via the super secret direct number and got that site night out from under you but I wouldn't do that to you and Doug. And as me, DD, and DW were talking at supper tonight, I'm still plenty fed up with paying Disney after six trips in seven months (Oct17-Apr18). I'll just follow your TR and pix and keep my money in my pocket for now where it belongs.

Hope you get that night. :surfweb:

ED

Here is a photo of the desktop website, those are not dollar signs and look at the phone numbers. I have a feeling the CMs are having the same issues that is why I was on hold so long. Will not be calling back tonight.
IMG_1268.JPG

Oh, the unbrideled joy of Dealing with the automated voice while waiting to speak with a PERSON to make a reservation as online system is not functioning. Almost as much fun as when Satellite on the coach isn't working well and I am on the phone with Tech support and they ask if I have a clear line of sight to the horizon 5 times after I tell them I am in the middle of a field with the nearest tree 500 yards away

Update on the adding a day fiasco. I just got off the phone with reservations after only a 5 minute wait :love: and no go on the combining the two into one. :sad1: She had to call guest services (not at the Fort but inside reservations) and got the reason why, they code was different because the price was different. The price went up and if they combined them into one, I would be charged the higher price for all the nights, not just the one I added. She linked the two reservations, with no guarantee that we would not have to move sites, but she did stress that she did not think that would happen. She stated that they put multiple notes on my reservations of the circumstances and that is was the same family for both and not to have us move sites. Just to be safe, I think I will call the Fort directly the week before to make sure. So I finally got a taste of what I hear so many others complain about.

Teri Happy to see you got your days and ressies linked now Here's to a super trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!