Odd ball favorites

iwasdaisy

Mouseketeer
Many of us have the same favorites... I'm planning a sort of last minute trip so many of my favorites are already booked. I'm looking for your odd ball favorites, the one not everyone chooses, but has been great for you. I'd say my odd ball favorite in years past has been Nine Dragons, not stellar out of this world, but pretty cool atmosphere and fun!

Kona Cafe
Restaurant Marrakesh (go after 5p for the live music and dancing performances)
Cape May Cafe
Ale & Compass

Have a great last minute trip!

The dockside diner in Hollywood Studios. Very oddball but I love eating a giant hotdog while looking at the lake and the crowds.

For us it is Bongos... the food is always delicious and the mojitos aren't bad either! :earboy2:

Olivia's at OKW (good, reasonably priced food for Disney --Exceptional fried chicken & conch fritters and good drinks)
Turf Club at SSR (really well executed lamb and beef dishes, good drinks)
Marrakesh at Epcot ( I laugh when people say it's not "authentic", really because I've been to Morocco. Request a side of Harissa and Marrakesh is authentic cous-cous! Unless of course you want the rustic, authentic experience w/ flies buzzing around your food while you eat it with your fingers. And don't get me wrong, I would go again in a heartbeat, I love Morocco and it's people.

Last edited:
I'd say my odd ball favorite in years past has been Nine Dragons, not stellar out of this world, but pretty cool atmosphere and fun!
I agree with you, we had a great meal there in August, and the service was impeccable. Our server was sweet and she interacted with us, as we tried to pronounce her name and she ours. Honestly, we have crappy Chinese food in south Florida so I was truly happy with my experience at Nine Dragons and wouldn't hesitate to go again.

For a real Oddball favorite, we like Nine Dragons. Don't understand all the hate, we liked it. We also like GFC and Boatrights.

Not an ADR but for some oddball reason we LOVE Pecos Bills. I love the decor, the location, the food, the theming, IDK, we're crazy. For an ADR, we really like BOG breakfast. It gets pretty poor reviews but we really enjoyed it and I'd definitely go back.

I must agree with Nine Dragons. The atmosphere was beautiful (so tranquil and relaxing after a busy day in the parks) and I thought my food was great. I had the honey chicken and rice. I was very pleased. We are going back this summer.

MK Skipper Canteen, for QS Columbia Harbour House and Pecos Bill
EPCOT Restaurant Marrakesh
Swan Il Mulino , great Italian

La Cantina for lunch was our breakout QS favorite. The food was very tasty for QS and it was lovely to sit in AC looking out over the lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter