# of Towels in Studio @ AKV Kidani/Question about Cleaning Schedule during split stay

jpeden

DIS Veteran
Good Morning!

My wife and I are leaving in 5 days for our first trip renting points at AKV Kidani. We are doing a split stay at Kidani (added a night last minute and there weren't enough points from our original member to rent the extra night) for a total of five nights. I wanted to know how many towels come in the DVC Studios so we know if we should bring an extra towel or two to tide us over until trash and towel day.

I understand that we should get a "trash and towel" on day four of our first four night stay correct? Then, even if they don't make us move rooms, (the people at the DVC Rental Store said we shouldn't have to move rooms if we tell them about the two reservations when we check in), should we get a full clean on day five of our vacation since it's a separate reservation?

Thanks in advance!

Good Morning!

My wife and I are leaving in 5 days for our first trip renting points at AKV Kidani. We are doing a split stay at Kidani (added a night last minute and there weren't enough points from our original member to rent the extra night) for a total of five nights. I wanted to know how many towels come in the DVC Studios so we know if we should bring an extra towel or two to tide us over until trash and towel day.

I understand that we should get a "trash and towel" on day four of our first four night stay correct? Then, even if they don't make us move rooms, (the people at the DVC Rental Store said we shouldn't have to move rooms if we tell them about the two reservations when we check in), should we get a full clean on day five of our vacation since it's a separate reservation?

Thanks in advance!
DVC villas have as many bath towels as sleeping spaces. So a studio that sleeps four will get four bath towels, two hand towels and four face cloths.

Count your arrival day as day one. Day four you get towels replaced and trash removed. Plus any incidentals also replaced.

We never use extra towels since we reuse our towels at home. That's what we do at Disney. Hang them up and reuse them.

If you got both reservations from the rental store, have them ask each owner to include the reservation number on the reservations so they can be linked. Otherwise, when you check in, ask to see if you are blocked into the same villa for the four night stay and the one night stay.

You may or may not get a full clean on the day when you check in for the 2nd stay- officially you should but then officially they should make you move rooms if they do so I would personally prefer staying in the same room rather than vacating it for a full cleaning but I suppose it is up to your prerogative.

You may or may not get a full clean on the day when you check in for the 2nd stay- officially you should but then officially they should make you move rooms if they do so I would personally prefer staying in the same room rather than vacating it for a full cleaning but I suppose it is up to your prerogative.

Oh I agree I'd much rather stay than herb a full clean. Just trying to plan re:towels and the like. We re-use at home so I think we will be fine but I wasn't sure about the whole schedule as it's our first time renting points.

Other options for towels if you decided you just had to have clean ones is to either pay for a towel pack from housekeeping ($6 I believe) or go wash what you have. DVC has free laundry rooms and you just have to pay for or bring soap.

We also reuse towels both at home and when traveling so just use what we receive.

Good advice here, especially from Deb & Bill. You do NOT want to wait until you are checking in as the rooms will already be blocked. Do call and ask the owner(s) to cross-reference one rez with the other. This will greatly increase your chances of staying in the same room.

Kat4Disney is correct. There is a towel package that my brood often requests as it offers a good bit more towels/washcloths for the $6.

A towel pack consists of four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths and a tub mat. It costs $6. We ordered two for each set of four days when we had a GV and my son's friends along after graduation.

If you don't link, you will be getting zero cleaning for the first reservation and trash and towel on day four of your 2nd reservation.

DVC cleaning schedules are often not followed correctly by housekeeping so give them a phone call to verify.

:earsboy: Bill

If you don't link, you will be getting zero cleaning for the first reservation and trash and towel on day four of your 2nd reservation.

DVC cleaning schedules are often not followed correctly by housekeeping so give them a phone call to verify.

:earsboy: Bill
They only have five nights. We had BLT mess up the cleaning schedule when we linked two reservations, but only BLT.

Thanks for all of the advice guys! I think we'll just ask for the towel package. Do we do this at check-in or call house-keeping once we're in the room?

Call housekeeping from the room, they do expect a tip for delivery of the towels though. BTW, when they clean your room, they remove the towel packs and do not replace them. You have to pay for them all over again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter