Off the WDW again

lisapooh

HH Pin Crazy Pooh Fan
Just got off the phone and making reservations for 2 trips to WDW.
First to Ft Wilderness April 28 - May 5. The new cabins are available and they now have 2 classes of handicapped accomodations. Both have ramps. Level 1 is not barrier free and is for those who have some mobility but use an ECV or wheelchair some of the time. Then there are barrier free cabins.
The level one cabins do not have wide enough halls if you are using a wheelchair full time. I will have one of these since I can walk short distances, Will have a transfer bench for the bath,

The next trip is for May 31 - Jun 3 and we will be at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge level, Savanah view. Will not be a handicapped room but will have a transfer bench there also. I am so excited. Want to take the AK tour they have.
ANyone going to AKL before me please let me know how it is.

Pooh Bear

thank you Lisapooh :) I just got emailed on this subject sO I wanted more info on the new handi homes.... I wonder how different they are from the one I had in 99? I also like that they have 2 types of handi homes... I know it will sound bad and I dont mean it to....but I just like that idea :)

Wheelsie Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
and
DisneyTips
wheelsie@mail.wdwinfo.com

yyc_mc.gif
dischat.gif

Not at all, Wheelsie. I far prefer it this way. Not every handicapped guest needs or wants a barrier free accomodation. I find that in my case the roll in showers are dangerous because I do not use a wheelchair in the shower and it can become very slippery. The last thing I want is a fall. I don't feel that I need to take up a room that could be used by someone who actually needs a barrier free room. WE each need differnt accomodation.

Pooh Bear

lisapooh
I will be at Disney the same time as you. We will arrive on April 27 and leave May 5 staying at AllStar Music. I would love to meet up with you. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter