Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

Hi! Newbie here. Question about HHN parking. We have premier annual passes that give us free parking --- but I am fully aware we do not get free parking for HHN.

If we arrive at 3pm before HHN starts 6:30pm and stay for HHN, it is correct for me to assume we still get the free parking?

I know if we were to arrive around 6 they would charge us for HHN parking, I just don't know how it works if we arrived a few hours earlier.

Also, are the HHN complimentary ticket for premier pass holders transferable? 2 of our kids are a bit young for HHN (9 and 12 yrs old). They won't be able to take advantage of the complimentary HHN tickets. Was thinking of giving them away to whoever is in need -- if that's even possible. I read on the UO website that we have to present our premier passes at the turnstile to get our free HHN tickets, so I wasn't sure something like this is transferable.

I have a Preferred AP and have not been charged for parking when I've arrived after park close so you shouldn't have any issues.

I believe the free HHN tickets you get with your Premier are for anyone you choose...I don't think they have to be used by the passholder but you will have to pick them up in person.

Hi! Newbie here. Question about HHN parking. We have premier annual passes that give us free parking --- but I am fully aware we do not get free parking for HHN.

If we arrive at 3pm before HHN starts 6:30pm and stay for HHN, it is correct for me to assume we still get the free parking?

I know if we were to arrive around 6 they would charge us for HHN parking, I just don't know how it works if we arrived a few hours earlier.

Also, are the HHN complimentary ticket for premier pass holders transferable? 2 of our kids are a bit young for HHN (9 and 12 yrs old). They won't be able to take advantage of the complimentary HHN tickets. Was thinking of giving them away to whoever is in need -- if that's even possible. I read on the UO website that we have to present our premier passes at the turnstile to get our free HHN tickets, so I wasn't sure something like this is transferable.

We have preferred AP's. On our HHN day, we arrived at the park early (around noon) and parked for free with our annual passes. We stayed right through until 1:30 am and were not charged anything additional for being there through HHN.

I have a Preferred AP and have not been charged for parking when I've arrived after park close so you shouldn't have any issues.

I believe the free HHN tickets you get with your Premier are for anyone you choose...I don't think they have to be used by the passholder but you will have to pick them up in person.

We have preferred AP's. On our HHN day, we arrived at the park early (around noon) and parked for free with our annual passes. We stayed right through until 1:30 am and were not charged anything additional for being there through HHN.

Thank you both so much for your replies. I appreciate it!

No, only the premier AP gets the free HHN ticket, but as a preferred AP, you get a discount off the purchase of HHN tickets.

You can upgrade to premier, if you feel it is worth it to do so.

We are attending HHN 11/3...
Do you guys think it will be pretty busy still? Previous years we've always had express passes but arent buying them this year. How would you recommend planning our night so we can see everything??

Thanks!!

We are attending HHN 11/3...
Do you guys think it will be pretty busy still? Previous years we've always had express passes but arent buying them this year. How would you recommend planning our night so we can see everything??

Thanks!!
I doubt you will have any lines on both November hhn dates

Only line would be for the Bill and Ted show especially for the later show times

Wait...there is no free parking during HHN if your AP usually allows free parking? I didn't know this.

What time of the day does the parking fee start?

Wait...there is no free parking during HHN if your AP usually allows free parking? I didn't know this.

What time of the day does the parking fee start?
I have not been charged parking for HHN when I have arrived after the park closes. Both times I arrived around 7PM and was not charged for parking and I have a Preferred AP.

Usually parking during HHN isn't a problem, as we are AP holders so we do stay and scream. For Nov 3 we are going with 2 others who don't have APs so we'll be entering the party at the regular time. I feel so clueless about entering at the party start time hahha.

Usually parking during HHN isn't a problem, as we are AP holders so we do stay and scream. For Nov 3 we are going with 2 others who don't have APs so we'll be entering the party at the regular time. I feel so clueless about entering at the party start time hahha.
I like doing both...there are pros and cons to both S & S and entering later.

I finally did my first HHN of the year last night. Started at Stay and Scream and did the Shining, Dead Waters, all the scare zones, The Hive, Scarecrow and Ash vs. Evil Dead by 8 pm.

Just one question for everyone...is the Hive supposed to have that pitch dark final room? Completely pitch dark, no exit sign. I thought that we were being set up for a bright light scare or something like that so I just stood there for about half a minute. Nothing happened. No lights came on. People finally came up behind me so I ended up blindly walking through after a minute and making it out. My boyfriend was ahead of me and said he ended up running into a wall and just felt his way out.

Is it supposed to be like that?? It was awful.

Hi. I’m heading to my first HHN on Friday with some family. One of my cousins is fine with strobe lights and fine with moving walls/mirrors, but gets sick when the two are combined. Does anyone know if any of the houses have both? Thank you.

Twice I did that Hive house and could not see an exit sign which would clue me to which way to walk

This was after the beginning of the house

I went solo and could not see much in that one section
I walked straight into a wall and all behind me followed
Lol

It was in a very dark section and did not hear or see anybody near me

I just stayed there until I was physically redirected

Both times a SA had to turn me in the direction to continue

House was okay some nights but a few times it was great due to the team working in the house

Just wanted to thank everyone on the thread who visited earlier and reported back with their impressions and tips. I purposely avoided reading everyone's house reviews until we went - now having fun going back to hear what others thought.

Just sharing my experiences, in case anyone was wondering what the event was like on a Mon night, if planning for next year.

This was our first HHN in several years - we'd been 2x before, but years ago. We had a great time!!! Trick r Treat scare zone was one of my personal favorites- so glad we watched the movie before going - it made 100% difference. (Imagine if that level of detail was put into every scare zone!)

Loved some of the same houses everyone else mentioned here - although I also liked the shining a lot, despite many who were disappointed. I guess I just enjoyed seeing all the familiar scenes. Or maybe I'm just not that hard to please. LOL. I skipped Saw - based upon everything I read here. If it had been a short line maybe. But lines for that one were longest of the night and not having seen the movies, wasn't that enthusiastic about waiting.

The weather was beyond extraordinary - we were blessed with 0% rain, a clear night and a cold blast - temps in the 50's-60s. For Floridians enduring 6-8 months of brutal humidity, not to mention the grief from Irma, this was a rare and wonderful treat. The weather made this trip 10x better for me.

It seemed pretty crowded Monday night - so for anyone wondering about that day for next year, 20-45 min wait times for the first 1-2 hrs, by mid to end of night, 45-80 min wait times, depending upon house. (I think it rained pretty hard Sat, so maybe some people went Mon instead - or just couldn't resist being outside on such a pretty night.)

Followed the advice on this thread: we were at Finnegans by 4pm, relaxed with dinner/drinks and was able to knock out 4 houses (including Shining 2x) with minimal waits in the first hour. The weather was so gorgeous, we didn't mind waiting in the longer lines for other houses later that evening - and didn't have that much interest in seeing the shows. So we decided to save ourselves the $200 extra in express pass costs. (But if it had been hot or humid or if the shows were important to us, we'd have bought either full or 1/2 price after 10pm ones in a heartbeat.)

I will say the Mon crowds were so MUCH better behaved than past HHN crowds I saw when I attended on Sun nights years ago. A lot of couples were there. Age range was teens to '70s, vs predominently teens/college kids only. Didn't really see any fighting, cursing, a few buzzed people maybe, but no one really drunk/obnoxious.

Vast majority were friendly, nice and so polite - a few people were smoking or trying to cut lines and were shut down immediately by Uni security - the park did a wonderful job of watching and making sure people behaved.

Just wanted to thank everyone on the thread who visited earlier and reported back with their impressions and tips. I purposely avoided reading everyone's house reviews until we went - now having fun going back to hear what others thought.

Just sharing my experiences, in case anyone was wondering what the event was like on a Mon night, if planning for next year.

This was our first HHN in several years - we'd been 2x before, but years ago. We had a great time!!! Trick r Treat scare zone was one of my personal favorites- so glad we watched the movie before going - it made 100% difference. (Imagine if that level of detail was put into every scare zone!)

Loved some of the same houses everyone else mentioned here - although I also liked the shining a lot, despite many who were disappointed. I guess I just enjoyed seeing all the familiar scenes. Or maybe I'm just not that hard to please. LOL. I skipped Saw - based upon everything I read here. If it had been a short line maybe. But lines for that one were longest of the night and not having seen the movies, wasn't that enthusiastic about waiting.

The weather was beyond extraordinary - we were blessed with 0% rain, a clear night and a cold blast - temps in the 50's-60s. For Floridians enduring 6-8 months of brutal humidity, not to mention the grief from Irma, this was a rare and wonderful treat. The weather made this trip 10x better for me.

It seemed pretty crowded Monday night - so for anyone wondering about that day for next year, 20-45 min wait times for the first 1-2 hrs, by mid to end of night, 45-80 min wait times, depending upon house. (I think it rained pretty hard Sat, so maybe some people went Mon instead - or just couldn't resist being outside on such a pretty night.)

Followed the advice on this thread: we were at Finnegans by 4pm, relaxed with dinner/drinks and was able to knock out 4 houses (including Shining 2x) with minimal waits in the first hour. The weather was so gorgeous, we didn't mind waiting in the longer lines for other houses later that evening - and didn't have that much interest in seeing the shows. So we decided to save ourselves the $200 extra in express pass costs. (But if it had been hot or humid or if the shows were important to us, we'd have bought either full or 1/2 price after 10pm ones in a heartbeat.)

I will say the Mon crowds were so MUCH better behaved than past HHN crowds I saw when I attended on Sun nights years ago. A lot of couples were there. Age range was teens to '70s, vs predominently teens/college kids only. Didn't really see any fighting, cursing, a few buzzed people maybe, but no one really drunk/obnoxious.

Vast majority were friendly, nice and so polite - a few people were smoking or trying to cut lines and were shut down immediately by Uni security - the park did a wonderful job of watching and making sure people behaved.

Thanks for your review....and so glad to read you had such a good time...........I wondered how you had got on.......:thumbsup2

Reactions: shh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!