"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk if anyone remembers but guest services gave us base tickets back in July after our dah experience. I reassigned them to my niece so they wouldn’t get used on our october trip and they are now gone. I didn’t keep the email from the cm so I went ahead and emailed them about it. I’m a little confused how the tickets could just disappear out of my account. My niece is still in my family and friends list but the tickets are literally just gone. I hope I can get them back.

Idk if anyone remembers but guest services gave us base tickets back in July after our dah experience. I reassigned them to my niece so they wouldn’t get used on our october trip and they are now gone. I didn’t keep the email from the cm so I went ahead and emailed them about it. I’m a little confused how the tickets could just disappear out of my account. My niece is still in my family and friends list but the tickets are literally just gone. I hope I can get them back.

I'm guessing it has to do with the current problems happening with MDE. Many people have tickets that disappeared. I can certainly understand why you are concerned about yours, since they were comped tickets and you had reassigned them.

I'm guessing it has to do with the current problems happening with MDE. Many people have tickets that disappeared. I can certainly understand why you are concerned about yours, since they were comped tickets and you had reassigned them.
Oh I didn’t know other people were having tickets disappearing too. Hopefully they get this resolved soon. I wonder what they will say back to me in my email.

How does Disney notify people when they expand the DAH tickets to summer 2019?

We have this booked for January 24th with an 8pm park close and 8pm HEA. I did read Josh's review of this situation but I'm looking to hear other opinions about how to handle fireworks on a DAH night. how do people feel about it?

I am torn as fireworks is always a HUGE highlight for us. We have APs and we have a Plaza ADR at 4pm. Is there a spot that you can get a decent view of the fireworks and make a quick getaway to a land? It will be our last MK night so part of me wants to actually bother to stake out a good spot and see the show even if it cuts into DAH.

Thoughts?

We have this booked for January 24th with an 8pm park close and 8pm HEA. I did read Josh's review of this situation but I'm looking to hear other opinions about how to handle fireworks on a DAH night. how do people feel about it?

I am torn as fireworks is always a HUGE highlight for us. We have APs and we have a Plaza ADR at 4pm. Is there a spot that you can get a decent view of the fireworks and make a quick getaway to a land? It will be our last MK night so part of me wants to actually bother to stake out a good spot and see the show even if it cuts into DAH.

Thoughts?

I like the garden in front of Casey’s - that’s my go to spot if I can. Easy getaway to Adventureland.

Your date is - in theory - a lower crowd time so maybe won’t be “as bad” as some other times?

Thoughts?
I had the same issue when we did DAH last January. It was on our only night in MK and I absolutely love HEA, so I really wanted to see the show but didn't want to have to push against the crowd to get back into the park after. So we did something different than normal. We went to BTMRR and got in line just before the show started (I think we got to get in the FP line with our DAH lanyards). We rode twice in a row (we did have to get off and get back in line but there was no one else in line) and got to see the first half of the show from the ride. Then we got off and watched the rest of it from just near the exit.

While it wasn't the most amazing view of the projections and such, it was such a fun and special way to watch the show. Plus we were far away from the crowds when the show was over so it was super easy to get to the next ride (and the next snack cart :P)

I had the same issue when we did DAH last January. It was on our only night in MK and I absolutely love HEA, so I really wanted to see the show but didn't want to have to push against the crowd to get back into the park after. So we did something different than normal. We went to BTMRR and got in line just before the show started (I think we got to get in the FP line with our DAH lanyards). We rode twice in a row (we did have to get off and get back in line but there was no one else in line) and got to see the first half of the show from the ride. Then we got off and watched the rest of it from just near the exit.

While it wasn't the most amazing view of the projections and such, it was such a fun and special way to watch the show. Plus we were far away from the crowds when the show was over so it was super easy to get to the next ride (and the next snack cart :P)
We love BTMR during the fireworks. You won’t get to see any projections on the castle but watching the fireworks on that ride is so cool.

Thoughts?

If you care more about the fireworks part of HEA, and not so much about the projection show, I would do as the others have suggested and try watching the fireworks from BTMRR, or even Dumbo like DW and I did during our DAH night. I found that the fireworks seemed much closer and larger than they do when watched from in front of the castle. Definitely a neat experience.

Thank you! This is the kind of info that I was hoping for!

I was just reviewing my plans and noticed that I did not have any nights to just watch HEA so we are going to remedy that I think ... I have plans to watch from resort one night and from CA Grill one night but never in park. We have 9 nights so I'm going to swap something else out. But we are also planning Illuminations several times because it's our favorite and going away. Honestly I'm thinking of dumping the rest of our nighttime for our two favorites, lol.

If you care more about the fireworks part of HEA, and not so much about the projection show, I would do as the others have suggested and try watching the fireworks from BTMRR, or even Dumbo like DW and I did during our DAH night. I found that the fireworks seemed much closer and larger than they do when watched from in front of the castle. Definitely a neat experience.
we do care about the projection show but I think I decided to try to fit it in elsewhere and try to sell my kiddo on the frontierland plan of seeing the fireworks. Do they pipe the music back there?

I like the garden in front of Casey’s - that’s my go to spot if I can. Easy getaway to Adventureland.

Your date is - in theory - a lower crowd time so maybe won’t be “as bad” as some other times?

Last year January was insane but I was kind of thinking that too... we once tried to get to tomorrowland, no go. Was wondering if adventureland would be easier.
We love BTMR during the fireworks. You won’t get to see any projections on the castle but watching the fireworks on that ride is so cool.
thanks, I'm thinking of giving that a try with so many suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!