OFFICIAL 2018 Christmas & Holiday Time at DLR Superthread!!

We will probably make ADR’s for goofys kitchen, lamplight, carnation cafe, Minnie’s and blue bayou fantasmic. If by some miracle WOC is showing we will do the dessert party too. Sounds like a lot but we like to have 1 sit down a day and will do goofys on a arrival day when we don’t enter the parks.

We took our 5 year old (he had just turned 5) to B.B. fantasmic package. He’s not a big eater but he likes eating in the dark. I took a couple glow sticks and paid the $5 for the light up ice cube. He loved the show and had a great view.
Ooh light up ice cubes! Yeah he loves those! Lol I guess we should do this instead of hungry bear...
We will probably make ADR’s for goofys kitchen, lamplight, carnation cafe, Minnie’s and blue bayou fantasmic. If by some miracle WOC is showing we will do the dessert party too. Sounds like a lot but we like to have 1 sit down a day and will do goofys on a arrival day when we don’t enter the parks.
Planning almost the same meals- Storytellers, Minnie’s, WOC dessert if available, Carthage PTN package if available, BB F! package Catal on arrival day, Napa Rose. One ADR a day too more or less. I want dinner to be booked for each night at least since the parks are gonna be crazy crowded.

Ooh light up ice cubes! Yeah he loves those! Lol I guess we should do this instead of hungry bear...

Planning almost the same meals- Storytellers, Minnie’s, WOC dessert if available, Carthage PTN package if available, BB F! package Catal on arrival day, Napa Rose. One ADR a day too more or less. I want dinner to be booked for each night at least since the parks are gonna be crazy crowded.
Kids at napa?

Has anyone been the first week of January? Our main objective is to experience Christmas. I think it seems clear that the decorations, parade and holiday overlays will still be running. However, I read that Santa is gone as of Dec 24th. Not that Santa is a big deal to us but it left me paranoid that maybe not ALL the Christmas stuff will be available. For example, will characters still be dressed for Christmas? Will the giant candy canes still be sold?

A search on this forum for last year's Candy Cane dates brought up this:

Handmade Candy Cane Dates
The candy makers of the Disneyland Resort make a limited number of handmade candy canes on select days during the holiday season. Guests must have a wristband to purchase one of the special candy canes. The locations are the Candy Palace in DL and Trolley Treats in DCA. The dates were released via MousePlanet on November 7, 2017.

Nov 24 (Fri): DL
Nov 25 (Sat): DCA
Nov 28 (Tue): DCA
Nov 29 (Wed): DL
Dec 1 (Fri): DL
Dec 2 (Sat): DCA
Dec 4 (Mon): DL
Dec 5 (Tue): DCA
Dec 6 (Wed): DL
Dec 7 (Thu): DCA
Dec 8 (Fri): DL
Dec 9 (Sat): DCA
Dec 11 (Mon): DL
Dec 12 (Tue): DCA
Dec 13 (Wed): DL
Dec 14 (Thu): DCA
Dec 15 (Fri): DL
Dec 16 (Sat): DCA
Dec 18 (Mon): DL
Dec 19 (Tue): DCA
Dec 20 (Wed): DL
Dec 21 (Thu): DCA
Dec 24 (Sun): DL
Dec 25 (Mon): DCA*
* - mornings when that park is/usually has MM and/or EMH.

As you can see, the last date for Candy Canes was Christmas Day. If you really want the full Holiday Time experience at DLR, it would be better if at all possible to plan your visit for some time before Christmas Day and not the very end of the season when you do risk missing out on some things.

I’m not sure they’d like fantasmic. And it’s so late. Ours are in bed by 7-8.

But regular B.B. is a great deal for kids meals! $10.
He’s seen Fantasmic at WDW before and slept through it at Tokyo, lol! I have to factor in naps and I think he will make it. It’ll be a little harder since we will be jet lagged - 3 hours difference from Toronto.
Kids at napa?
I saw they have a kids menu so I assume they are welcome. He’s been to signature restaurants in WDW and has done well at 2.5. We regularly take him to restaurants at home too so fingers crossed he behaves. If not we will have a very short meal and ask if we can pack up :)

ETA: thanks for the tip on the regular menu for BB! Need to think about that.

I’m trying to decide on that too but for the F! package. I’m thinking it would be nice but not really sure how my 4 year old will like it...

My kids are older and could care less about the nighttime shows!

We are for sure doing Goofy’s Kitchen on our arrival day along with The Void

The Void looks really interesting!

I’d be sad not to watch evening shows and parades. Lucky my son seems still fairly interested in them. :)

We are doing goofys and the void on arrival day too! It’s juts hubby and I..

The Void looks really interesting!

I’d be sad not to watch evening shows and parades. Lucky my son seems still fairly interested in them. :)

We went to WOC on our first trip with Kids in 2013 and they would have preferred to be riding stuff. In 2016 we went to. Halloween party and we saw the fireworks during the first parade over by IASW and couldn’t really see the parade so we stayed and watched the second one but were so exhausted due to crazy heat and being in the parks for like 14 hours that day we didn’t enjoy it that much!

For me having to camp out for hours or pay for the privilege of not having to just doesn’t make sense! I’m happy so many people do enjoy it cause it means shorter lines for us ;)

We are doing goofys and the void on arrival day too! It’s juts hubby and I..

It will be our first time doing a character meal and I’m excited!!

He’s seen Fantasmic at WDW before and slept through it at Tokyo, lol! I have to factor in naps and I think he will make it. It’ll be a little harder since we will be jet lagged - 3 hours difference from Toronto.

I saw they have a kids menu so I assume they are welcome. He’s been to signature restaurants in WDW and has done well at 2.5. We regularly take him to restaurants at home too so fingers crossed he behaves. If not we will have a very short meal and ask if we can pack up :)

ETA: thanks for the tip on the regular menu for BB! Need to think about that.
I’d never take my toddlers to Napa. They do *great* at restaurants. Fine at B.B. It’s a place I’d go on a family trip as date night to get away from the kids. I really wouldn’t want to be disturbed if a family had to take out a tantrumming toddler. Maybe a babysitting service? Or steakhouse 55?

Last edited:
Waiting waiting waiting....

Seriously! Our trip is Nov 11-17 (in park the 12-13 and 15-16), and I've been checking every day to see if F! BB packages are available to book that week yet. So far nothing past Nov 3. COME ON DISNEY!!

I called Disneyland Dining this morning and inquired if they knew what date Dining Packages ... or even Park Hours for that matter... would be released for our dates: November 18-23. Of course, the cast member said that they didn't have any idea of when the dates, or dining packages would be released. Ughhhhhh.....

The 'Not Knowing' is killing me LOL

does anyone know when the Fall Festival Buffet for Thankgiving will open up for reservations? tks

I’d never my toddlers to Napa. They do *great* at restaurants. Fine at B.B. It’s a place I’d go on a family trip as date night to get away from the kids. I really wouldn’t want to be disturbed if a family had to take out a tantrumning toddler. Maybe a babysitting service? Or steakhouse 55?

Did I miss the part where someone asked your opinion?

I’d never my toddlers to Napa. They do *great* at restaurants. Fine at B.B. It’s a place I’d go on a family trip as date night to get away from the kids. I really wouldn’t want to be disturbed if a family had to take out a tantrumning toddler. Maybe a babysitting service? Or steakhouse 55?

It’s disneyland. Kids are welcome everywhere but the bar. If you don’t want kids around you, Disneyland probably isn’t the vacation for you.

I’d take my kids there if that’s someplace I wanted to go on the vacation I was paying for.

I’ve never actually considered a babysitting service for him. I think that if he’s not welcome to a restaurant, I would just avoid it...(like V&A- I may take him there when he turns 10). I have taken him to a lot of fine dining restaurants locally and in Asia before so I think that my son should do ok at Napa Rose... in general, I am ready to pull him out if he starts fussing. ... my personal opinion is that Disney is even better than other places in being understanding in restaurants and found he really did very well in places like California Grill, Artist Point, Flying Fish and Narcoosees, which we visited in WDW when he was 2.5. :)

ETA: wanted to ask, I have been to Napa Rose before but not to Steakhouse 55... wouldn’t that be the same though? Signature restaurant?

Last edited:
It’s disneyland. Kids are welcome everywhere but the bar. If you don’t want kids around you, Disneyland probably isn’t the vacation for you.

I’d take my kids there if that’s someplace I wanted to go on the vacation I was paying for.
So true. Disney is very welcoming and I have seen plenty of children in their fine dining restaurants. I feel it actually is more relaxing for parents and kids since service is so great compared to some CS or TS restaurants! :) that’s just for me personally though.

I booked Napa rose for dinner on our upcoming trip. Staying at GCH so super convenient. My kids are 10 and almost 7 at time of trip. I didn’t even consider it that it wouldn’t be okay. Is this not a restaurant we can visit as a family?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!