"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious, if you don’t mind me asking, how did you design your shirt? DW got a “Cricut” printer earlier this year and has become a T-shirt making fool. Now I’m thinking I need to ask her to make some DAH shirts for us! :scratchin
So I use Custom Ink to initially design my shirt and my father-in-law has his own printing business. So I just send the design to him and he uses vinyl for the shirts. It's pretty easy and doesn't take him too long. If I didn't have access to him I would probably just find another local printer to make them for me. DH and I love having matching shirts, mainly for picture taking purposes. You can see my profile pic has a shirt we made. If you read them together it says "Together Since 2016". I found the idea on Google, but I changed it to match our preferences.

I’ll be honest, we used to look at all the people with coordinated/custom shirts and roll our eyes a bit - just wasn’t our thing. Fast forward to this past October when my kids had custom/matching/themed shirts to go with each day/park plan. Full 180 degree change in our perspective! :rotfl:

We haven't got to the point of DH and I matching but I always have the girls wear the same shirts. (Disney or not). It looks better in the pictures and then there is the added benefit that it makes them a lot easier to keep track of! They are used to it since I have done it since they were tiny so now it is just what happens in Disney. No individuality they just have to decide which shirt they are wearing on a certain day!

We haven't got to the point of DH and I matching but I always have the girls wear the same shirts. (Disney or not). It looks better in the pictures and then there is the added benefit that it makes them a lot easier to keep track of! They are used to it since I have done it since they were tiny so now it is just what happens in Disney. No individuality they just have to decide which shirt they are wearing on a certain day!
We decided rather than doing matching shirts, my sister did coordinating/Disney bounding shirts. So one day Joy/Sadness, then Winnie Pooh/Tigger, R2D2/C3PO, and I’m her Anna/Elsa shirts! We got lots of compliments and it was super fun!

I saw they have shirts that say “no sleep til midnight” with Cinderella’s carriage on it, which I was considering getting! (My DAH night is 9-12)

We just picked up a stowaway for our quick January trip. My 10-year-old niece is coming with us. She is going to love DAH!
We're taking our 9 yo niece! I can't wait. We are telling her on Christmas and we've almost let it slip so many times.

We're taking our 9 yo niece! I can't wait. We are telling her on Christmas and we've almost let it slip so many times.

My family is here for Thanksgiving, and my niece spoke up and said, "You owe me a Disney trip!" My husband and I took her older brother when he was 9 (and she was 6), and she remembers! So I told her to just come on with us in January. I've never seen a kid look so shocked. I told her it was a good life lesson -- when you want something, speak up and go after it!

My family is here for Thanksgiving, and my niece spoke up and said, "You owe me a Disney trip!" My husband and I took her older brother when he was 9 (and she was 6), and she remembers! So I told her to just come on with us in January. I've never seen a kid look so shocked. I told her it was a good life lesson -- when you want something, speak up and go after it!
Haha that’s one way to do it! I told my niece that I’m giving her a tool set. Her glare was fantastic. She’s only been to universal and that’s because DH and I decided to get married in Orlando and paid for the family to stay at Cabana Bay. She’s not sure about Disney yet and keeps asking to go back to universal but I think that’s just because she’s been there before.

Okay cool. I think we are gonna eat in the park if we really are able to get in at 4. I’m not sure if that will waste our time if we do a ts meal. Do you have any thoughts?

I think my plan is going to be to have dinner at The Wave at CR, although I’m likely not heading to MK until closer to 8 (my night is a 9PM DAH start). I’m OK not taking advantage of the extra MK time.

One thing I didn’t do well this year was eating a proper meal before DAH... we were traveling and pretty much went straight to MK when we arrived. I don’t want to have to depend on Mickey Bars for dinner again in 2018! o_O

I think my plan is going to be to have dinner at The Wave at CR, although I’m likely not heading to MK until closer to 8 (my night is a 9PM DAH start). I’m OK not taking advantage of the extra MK time.

One thing I didn’t do well this year was eating a proper meal before DAH... we were traveling and pretty much went straight to MK when we arrived. I don’t want to have to depend on Mickey Bars for dinner again in 2018! o_O
I have a few options because I wasn't sure what to choose and what time they would let us in. Our DAH is also a 9pm start. I have the standard DP so 1 TS and 1 QS per day.
Option 1: Eat breakfast at 1900 PF, go back to POP for awhile, eat QS in MK
Option 2: Eat at Crystal Palace in MK at 4 pm or hope for a BOG ADR for dinner
Option 3: Eat at Whispering Canyon at 5:10 pm

Question: Are character experiences like Mickey and Cinderella open for DAH or is it just rides?

Question: Are character experiences like Mickey and Cinderella open for DAH or is it just rides?

In 2016 I know for sure that both were open. Last year I know that Princess Fairytale Hall (i.e. Cinderella) was open; I am not certain about Mickey. We went towards the first of the DAH last year to meet Rapunzel and Tiana and it was awesome. Walked right in and the girls had as much time as they wanted with them. The funny part is that they are so conditioned to just visit for a minute and get a picture and then move on they didn't really know what else to say and/or do!

Other characters are not out and are not greeting. Focus is on the rides.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!! Did Anyone attending 1/26 try to get fast passes ? I think today was 60 days :)I will let everyone know if I have any luck on Thursday (60 days before 1/30). Getting excited!!

To add to @kmc8826’s info... yes, both Princess Fairytale Hall and Meet Mickey at Town Square were open last year. Those were the only characters. :thumbsup2

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!! Did Anyone attending 1/26 try to get fast passes ? I think today was 60 days :)I will let everyone know if I have any luck on Thursday (60 days before 1/30). Getting excited!!

We got our fastpasses for 1/26 yesterday! No issues at all and only had tix DAH.

We just extended our already extended weekend vacation since they announced a DVC Moonlight Magic for 1/28. Anyone else here also planning to attend both?

We just extended our already extended weekend vacation since they announced a DVC Moonlight Magic for 1/28. Anyone else here also planning to attend both?

Yep -- we plan to be at the DVC event 1/28 and DAH 1/30. We did the same thing last March -- both events in one trip. It's a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter