Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

So couple things....

First off @soniam so excited! Can't wait!

Second...I'm trying to decide between Cabana Bay and Aventura. I guess we don't really know too much about Aventura yet, right? Just the roof top bar and the fact that you can use Sapphire Falls boat without having to cross that street.

Third...there are a lot more houses to announce!

Some notable 1980s horror films....

The Thing
Nightmare on Elm Street
Gremlins
Evil Dead
The Shining (just did it)
An American Werewolf in London
Hellraiser
Poltergeist
The Fly
Fright Night
Lost Boys
Aliens
Child's Play
Creepshow
Day of the Dead

4 or 5 of the houses are going to be original stories. All the others will be IPs. The only rumour that sounds plausible are Poltergeist, and Happy Death Day seems to have some traction tho I dont know why and I hope the rumor is wrong. There's also a rumor that one will be a mash up house, similar to Silver Screams or All Nite Die In. But both of those are linked to icons and there probably won't be an icon this year.

4 or 5 of the houses are going to be original stories. All the others will be IPs. The only rumour that sounds plausible are Poltergeist, and Happy Death Day seems to have some traction tho I dont know why and I hope the rumor is wrong. There's also a rumor that one will be a mash up house, similar to Silver Screams or All Nite Die In. But both of those are linked to icons and there probably won't be an icon this year.

I just watched Happy Death Day and that'd probably be the worst house ever. Not even sure what they'd put in there.

It’s funny, we really disliked it.........and it was voted the dud of the year........but......who voted???

No one asked me that question and so many seemed to enjoy it......a lot!!!

I objected to the long walk mainly.......lol.......
Omg, it really was a hike!

If you don’t mind me asking, did you watch the series?? I could see if people were unfamiliar with the characters it wouldn’t be that interesting.

Omg, it really was a hike!

If you don’t mind me asking, did you watch the series?? I could see if people were unfamiliar with the characters it wouldn’t be that interesting.

It really was wasn’t it.......I think it may have affected our opinion of the house.....we’re fickle like that.....lol......

We did make a point of watching it, and I did get it and quite liked the show........but the house just didn’t hit with us at all........but I can see why fans enjoyed it........and yes, i agree if you didn’t know who the characters were it may get lost on you......

We should have went back a second time, I broke my own rule there.......as sometimes a house doesn’t quite gel, but go again and it’s one we enjoy.

It did have its fans though :thumbsup2

It’s funny, we really disliked it.........and it was voted the dud of the year........but......who voted???

No one asked me that question and so many seemed to enjoy it......a lot!!!

I objected to the long walk mainly.......lol.......

I think they talley the votes from employees, exit surveys, and line length

I think they talley the votes from employees, exit surveys, and line length

Yeah I kinda knew that.........

It was a general “who voted” as so many seem to love that house despite it being described as a dud.

Hey I really liked Ash vs the evil dead, which I'm pretty sure was last year's dud.

Not for me, love my Ash! :) :) :)

The Shining was such a let down for me. Some books/movies just didn’t translate well

Remember the stinker of the dust to dawn hoochie vampire one? Lol

Not for me, love my Ash! :) :) :)

The Shining was such a let down for me. Some books/movies just didn’t translate well

Remember the stinker of the dust to dawn hoochie vampire one? Lol

I liked the Shining, it was one of the only houses that really got me, in the bar/ballroom my first time through was timed perfectly.

I do remember that, Dusk Til Dawn, right? That was bad.

I liked the Shining, it was one of the only houses that really got me, in the bar/ballroom my first time through was timed perfectly.

I do remember that, Dusk Til Dawn, right? That was bad.

Multiple trips thru, only timed it once but appreciated it. Do think that was the problem in general, extremely hit or miss.

Did like the elevator scene and of course the cute little girls :)

Yep, Dusk till Dawn was truly dreadful...….

Felt so bad for the SA who tried their best to make it work......it just didn't.

Yes, they had little to work with, well...except the ‘ladies’ ahem they had ample endowments. I’m pretty sure my DH enjoyed ‘the scenery’ more than me.

Last edited:
And we liked Dusk till Dawn on the one walk through we did. I don't remember the reviews being that bad that year. I remember the Dracula reviews being much, much worse. We didn't make it through that one, so I don't know what it was like.

And we liked Dusk till Dawn on the one walk through we did. I don't remember the reviews being that bad that year. I remember the Dracula reviews being much, much worse. We didn't make it through that one, so I don't know what it was like.

I don't even remember that Dracula house.

I think I've finally got most of my details worked out :)

I'll be attending 5 nights of hhn using a ff plus pass. We could do 6 but the additional $80ish for a Saturday night ticket doesn't really seem worth it.

We're staying our first night at rp for the express pass, so we'll have that for Saturday/Sunday for regular rides.

Probably going to go to volcano Bay one day, Monday might be a good day for that, no hhn.

The only thing I haven't decided is if we're doing the majority of our stay at cb or Aventura.

I know Aventura hasn't opened yet so that makes it hard, but it seems like the rooftop bar is the big draw and we can visit that from cb. Cb just has a vibe we really like, and it has it's own entrance for volcano Bay, right?

Dracula house was out before the movie. I’m into that genre so I appreciated it. Wish they make better use of their treasure trove of iconic horror characters

Helped we had a tour guide explain beforehand the storyline they were using

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!