"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

I admit my memory can be crap...and I've been trying to remember this for a bit now and need some help. I've been to MNSSHP in 2016 and 2017. In 2016, I know for certain I rode Splash Mountain because it was the last thing we did at midnight before leaving the park. I don't recall if BTMRR was going at that time (I think BTMRR was under refurb at that time, but I may be mixing that up with another year). In 2017, I definitely remember there was a trick or treat line in where Splash usually queues, SM was also down for refurb at that time and this could be why they used it for a trick or treat area. I think BTMRR was running at that time, but I can't remember that either.

Does anyone know for sure between SM and BTMRR which ones were open which years? I know refurbs were a factor as well.
I think @FoxC63 has posted this somewhere.

Do you have to purchase Memory Maker ahead of time? Is there a discount for purchasing ahead of time?

If you can purchase it after the fact, and it costs the same, then I would wait and purchase it later. Maybe your group will get excited about seeing the characters and want to get pictures. Or maybe your group will take one look at the lines and decide not to. It's too hot, it's too rainy, my feet hurt, I'm hungry, I want to buy the special food/merch, I want more candy, I want to get a good spot for the parade, my day wasn't as fun as I anticipated... all things which could discourage people from getting photos that night, even if they had planned to originally.
There usually is a discount if you buy it ahead of time. Idk about the one day MM but I believe the normal one is like $169 ahead and $199 if you wait.

I currently have a 3:20 reservation for The Crystal Palace on the day of the party we're attending. We don't have park tickets for that day, but will we be able to enter the park a little early for our ADR with just party tickets? (If not, I'll just cancel the ADR and go another day.) Thanks!

I currently have a 3:20 reservation for The Crystal Palace on the day of the party we're attending. We don't have park tickets for that day, but will we be able to enter the park a little early for our ADR with just party tickets? (If not, I'll just cancel the ADR and go another day.) Thanks!

4:00pm is the usual early entry time for the party. I think it's a bit risky to assume they would let you in early enough for a 3:20. I would either move that ADR 4:00 or cancel.

I admit my memory can be crap...and I've been trying to remember this for a bit now and need some help. I've been to MNSSHP in 2016 and 2017. In 2016, I know for certain I rode Splash Mountain because it was the last thing we did at midnight before leaving the park. I don't recall if BTMRR was going at that time (I think BTMRR was under refurb at that time, but I may be mixing that up with another year). In 2017, I definitely remember there was a trick or treat line in where Splash usually queues, SM was also down for refurb at that time and this could be why they used it for a trick or treat area. I think BTMRR was running at that time, but I can't remember that either.

Does anyone know for sure between SM and BTMRR which ones were open which years? I know refurbs were a factor as well.

My son and his wife were at WDW in September, 2016, and Big Thunder Mountain was definitely close for refurb at that time. My daughter and I were there September, 2017, and Splash Mountain was closed for refurb. We definitely rode Big Thunder Mountain on our MNSSHP day, but I can't remember if that was after the party officially started or before.

Thanks!
Yes I've gone a few years now in full face paint/hands painted and had no issues. It's quite fun, but you need makeup that will keep up under the heat and that means a lovely hour long clean up to get it off :)
Another poster here went as Gamora one year and had no issues either.

View attachment 329067

Me too. Gamora costume. Green face/chest. Had am sleeves that were green. Ben Nye makeup, didn't run so all in the hot sun.

Thank you to everyone who replied, I appreciate it so much!

Also, for the makeup recommendations because I had been wondering if the face paint would even work or just melt off. Everyone on these threads rocks, I appreciate y'all!

MK closes at midnight. I would check the applicable schedules but most 'Halloween' things seem to end about 10.

This is not the case. Hallowishes is usually at 10:15, the 2nd parade is at 11:15, 2nd hocus pocus show at midnight and the characters meet until the end. The lines may get cutoff before midnight for the really popular characters, but they are there for the duration.

This is not the case. Hallowishes is usually at 10:15, the 2nd parade is at 11:15, 2nd hocus pocus show at midnight and the characters meet until the end. The lines may get cutoff before midnight for the really popular characters, but they are there for the duration.
Perfect. Thank you.

Splash Mountain

August 28th through November 16th, 2017
January 8th through February 1st, 2018

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
April 4th through to July 15th, 2016
August 8th through November 18th, 2016

Based on this information, it looks like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is in need of refurbishment.:flower3:

most 'Halloween' things seem to end about 10.

Thanks. Even the character meet and greets?

@GillianP1301 is correct. Even the stores, quick serve and City Hall stay open past midnight on Main Street. Last year many reported getting Magic Shots past 12:30am.

Splash Mountain
August 28th through November 16th, 2017
January 8th through February 1st, 2018

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
April 4th through to July 15th, 2016
August 8th through November 18th, 2016

Based on this information, it looks like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is in need of refurbishment.:flower3:

I fear you may be right about BTMRR and nervous about it for our end of August trip because it's one of our faves. I also think it's a bit weird that no late summer or fall refurbs have been announced yet. I seem to recall knowing this info by now for my past trips (I always go end of August).

I also think it's a bit weird that no late summer or fall refurbs have been announced yet. I seem to recall knowing this info by now for my past trips (I always go end of August).

We always go in September and I know I have heard about refurbs during our trip by now too.

I fear you may be right about BTMRR and nervous about it for our end of August trip because it's one of our faves. I also think it's a bit weird that no late summer or fall refurbs have been announced yet. I seem to recall knowing this info by now for my past trips (I always go end of August).

In 2017 during the first MNSSHP many guests were able to ride BTMRR and Splash. The cut off date for Splash came a few days after the start of the party so this was a nice surprise for them. With Disney releasing most things a month or two out we should see in July or early August a refurbishment schedule.

If BTMRR does make the list, the ride will be shut down 24/7 and not just during party hours.

I have been to 2 parties. At the 2017 party, Splash was down for refurbishment but we rode BTMRR. At 2015 party,, we rode both BTMRR and Splash. I remember this clearly.

I also remember that in 2017, both BTMRR and SDMT were not initially listed as open attractions, but they were added later, prior to any of the parties.

I was hoping to try to ride BTMR during the fireworks, but I guess that won't work :( Is there another ride that is just as fun to be on during the fireworks? Or are the projections do-not-miss? two adults, two kiddos 7 and 4. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter