Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

I've searched and can't seem to find what I need. I'm trying to find the photo pass or whatever is the best deal to buy for the races. I'm doing the challenge.

Thanks in advance for helping a RD rookie.
Hi - we've done Darkside the last two years and the photos have been through the Memory Maker. Here's a link from Disney's page - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/.

There will be a code that you enter to link your photos to your disney account. It was easy!

I hope this is what you were looking for. Happy running!

We are in for DS. I'll be doing the half (second Dark Side half) with my daughter, and my son and husband will be doing the 5k. We were signed up for LS so we're using our recent refund to help ease the pain of two WDW halfs in a couple months (we are signed up for Princess so I could get my pink C2C :( ). We are on the west coast and had all kind of RunDisney DLR plans for 2018 that are now shot to hell. Oh well. Cross your fingers that Southwest air prices come down. They're pretty ugly for that weekend right now. Off to make dining plans...

Reactions: maw
We were signed up for LS so we're using our recent refund to help ease the pain of two WDW halfs in a couple months (we are signed up for Princess so I could get my pink C2C :( ).

I feel so bad for the people that were planning to get the C2C with that race. Hopefully you have a great time at the Darkside!

I feel so bad for the people that were planning to get the C2C with that race. Hopefully you have a great time at the Darkside!
Thanks so much! It is such a bummer to miss out on that pink medal. I signed up for the Princess only because of Tink. Sigh. Oh well, I'll have fun at the WDW races I'm sure.

Hi All!!!
Excited to be doing my third Star Wars Dark Side race. I noticed that it is no longer the Dark Side Challenge and it kills me as I now have to change all my hashtags to #firstorderchallenge or is it #foc2018 or something else???:confused3
For now I have been using both on twitter & Instagram - #darksidechallenge and #firstorderchallenge

I am all booked for room and flight and cannot wait to return. This year I am attending solo :( my running buddy decided he is out - mostly because he is no longer running :sad2:

So who else is going solo????

I need to meet up with some like minded runners and star wars fans as I drink around Disney Springs on Friday night and definitely need some partners in crime for the post run visit to Epcot.

Until then, have fun training:jumping1: and may the Force Be With You:darth:

I am in for all three races, the wife is doing the 5k. She ran it last year and had so much fun she wanted to do it again.

I had only signed up for the Half and 5K because I planned on doing Tink for the pink C2C. My DH is doing the challenge. The cancellation of the west coast races is wreaking havoc on a lot of people’s plans. 2019 was supposed to be my Kessel Run year .

I had only signed up for the Half and 5K because I planned on doing Tink for the pink C2C. My DH is doing the challenge. The cancellation of the west coast races is wreaking havoc on a lot of people’s plans. 2019 was supposed to be my Kessel Run year .

PEople have been successful in getting refunds if they were planning on C2C

PEople have been successful in getting refunds if they were planning on C2C

I still want to do the half, but would have considered the challenge if I had known in advance that I wouldn’t be doing another half within a month. My whole family will be doing two of the three races that weekend and one of my daughters and I are working on legacy status. It’s a fun weekend but if they announce no legacy status for 2019, I’ll probably find another April/May race.

It's my first Dark Side race(my first Disney race, period), and my hashtag will be #PleaseDon'tLetMeDieOutHere
I'm totally there with you! I'll even do you one better... this is my first half marathon! I'm scheduled to do a 10K here in Huntsville next month and a 15K in Nashville in Feb, so I'll help you get that hashtag trending!

Same for me. First half. And first 10K is in a few weeks.

I'm diving in head-first, it seems.

I see some folks might be on their own for a race or two, and if you're looking for some camaraderie (and a costume idea) have no fear...

JOIN THE KILTED TROOPER BRIGADE!! Click here to learn more!

I ran last year in a kilt, and saw a couple other people in theirs, but didn't see any more kilted troopers. So I thought, why not get a new tradition started? All are welcome, guy and gals, young and old, and should be a lot of fun. It just takes a storm trooper shirt and a kilt to run in and you're in! Check it out at the link! (This won't be the last time I pitch this, by the way. I'm excited about this idea. :D)

Last edited:
Me in a kilt?

Believe me, no one in their right mind wants even a glimpse of these gams.
You cannot POSSIBLY be more disturbing than the wookie I saw last year. Orange speedos, a bandolier... and so much natural body hair.

Note to self. I really need to stop signing up for races spur of the moment. Early last week ago I decided to run Avengers next weekend in case it's the last runDisney event at Disneyland ever and begin training that day.

Well today, I successfully convinced myself that next year will be the last Dark Side race to take place after April 15th and therefore signed up for the First Order Challenge today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!