"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I last did this party in 2017 and me and my partner went as Woody & Buzz - I need ideas for this year's MNSSHP, can anyone help with suggestions?
So far the only one my partner has mentioned is Dipper and Mabel from Gravity Falls but if he thinks I'm walking round the park all night in a jumper, he has another thing coming 😅

I last did this party in 2017 and me and my partner went as Woody & Buzz - I need ideas for this year's MNSSHP, can anyone help with suggestions?
So far the only one my partner has mentioned is Dipper and Mabel from Gravity Falls but if he thinks I'm walking round the park all night in a jumper, he has another thing coming 😅

Hubby and I are going to do an "UP" theme - he as a Wilderness scout and me as Kevin the bird - this should be fun - he doesn't do dress ups ;-)

Jack and Sally generally start meeting at what time? And 7 Dwarves??

Debating getting there at 4 and saving a park day vs going an hour or two earlier to line up for a meet and greet.....jack and sally or 7 dwarves.... anyone have advice!?

I don't have my Annual Pass yet, but I have a question regarding MNSSHP tickets. Is an AP discount available for the September 22nd party and if so, what is the discount?

Thanks!

I don't have my Annual Pass yet, but I have a question regarding MNSSHP tickets. Is an AP discount available for the September 22nd party and if so, what is the discount?

Thanks!

Yes, 9/22 has an AP discount. (The only two parties that don't have an AP discount are 10/29 & 10/31)

The AP discount for all dates is (a whopping) $5.

It's ADR day for me! I can't get Plaza restaurant (a sleeper, low priority place I've never heard anyone talk about) but Cinderella's Royal Table has plenty of space, what the heck? Ahhh, answered my own questions: Dining reservations that start before 6pm are on the regular dining page, anything after 6pm is through the Halloween dining page (link above). So Plaza is sold out for the party, but has a 5:45 regular dining. I'm bummed to miss any party special desserts, but delighted to try someplace new! 178 days to go!

Last edited:
Hello all! Back in January, we purchased tickets for Villains After Hours for June 5th. For health reasons, we do not feel comfortable traveling right when Disney World reopens (IF it reopens then), so we canceled our trip and re-booked for mid-October. We were hoping Disney might switch our DAH tickets over MNSSHP tickets; however, we are really interested in going on rides.

If you were not interested in trick-or-treating or seeing characters (& my husband is not a big fan of fireworks), would you attend MNSSHP? I know it used to be advertised as "low waits" but it seems that might not be the case anymore, so I wondered if we might be better off just going to another park that evening? We'll only be there 3-4 days . . . assuming this trip happens!

Hello all! Back in January, we purchased tickets for Villains After Hours for June 5th. For health reasons, we do not feel comfortable traveling right when Disney World reopens (IF it reopens then), so we canceled our trip and re-booked for mid-October. We were hoping Disney might switch our DAH tickets over MNSSHP tickets; however, we are really interested in going on rides.

If you were not interested in trick-or-treating or seeing characters (& my husband is not a big fan of fireworks), would you attend MNSSHP? I know it used to be advertised as "low waits" but it seems that might not be the case anymore, so I wondered if we might be better off just going to another park that evening? We'll only be there 3-4 days . . . assuming this trip happens!

Yes! I've done VAH, and it feels like "MNSSHP-lite" to me. We've never met characters and skip ToTing unless the lines are very small. We're there for specialty food, merchandise, and the atmosphere. Also, some of the best fireworks and THE BEST parade. If you love Villains and Halloween, it's worth it. We count down all year, and sometimes go twice a year. FWIW: age 40 to 50, no kids, and love it.

We bought our tickets before everything went so downhill and now I am worried we will have to cancel our entire trip.
What is the refund policy should we have to cancel anyone know of hand?
Coming from Canada

We bought our tickets before everything went so downhill and now I am worried we will have to cancel our entire trip.
Coming from Canada

MNSSHP tickets are non-refundable unfortunately, unless the party is canceled for some reason.

Coming from Canada
Tickets are nonrefundable, but Disney has worked with people in the past. For example, one year we couldn't go, so they give us a credit to be used in the future to buy tickets at an equal or higher value. The credit was only good at WDW, and expired in one year. Just remember that's not guaranteed.

My sister canceled her May 16 AK DAH and had some of that money applied to MNSSHP party and the remaining 93 refunded.

Tickets are nonrefundable, but Disney has worked with people in the past. For example, one year we couldn't go, so they give us a credit to be used in the future to buy tickets at an equal or higher value. The credit was only good at WDW, and expired in one year. Just remember that's not guaranteed.
How did you do that? Who did you talk to? We also pre-purchased the tickets and are now really not sure we will be able to fly in from Australia for our September trip. Even if Disney World re-opens by then and the parties will go forward, we have been told that the measures taken here will be for 6 months, so not sure we will be able to fly out.

How did you do that? Who did you talk to? We also pre-purchased the tickets and are now really not sure we will be able to fly in from Australia for our September trip. Even if Disney World re-opens by then and the parties will go forward, we have been told that the measures taken here will be for 6 months, so not sure we will be able to fly out.
I called the main customer service number, the same number you use to buy tickets over the phone. I made a point of calling when it wouldn't be too busy - mid afternoon, not first thing or lunch time. I had to go on hold, but there wasn't a specific manager or department I had to talk too. Good luck!

In Parties Past, do we know what characters do NOT sign autographs? Thank you
Jack skellington and Sally - when we met them in 2017, cast members handed out presigned little autograph cards and said they wouldn't be signing. Winnie the Pooh also did the same with little cards and the 7 dwarfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!