Official 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - CANCELED

anyone get their virtual medal? I saw a couple mention they did, anyone else? I've not gotten anything.

Sadly, lack of transparency is what breeds insecurity and distrust, and they don't seem to be appreciating the unease they're creating within their customer base.

They've never cared. Anyone who watched what they did with Anaheim Star Wars knows that.

And there are a LOT of layers with companies like this. They don’t turn on a dime and everything has to be worked out as much as possible before announcing things.

Disney really needs to stop the "abundance of caution" language.

If *everyone* would stop using it, that would be great. It’s just the catch phrase. Like “closely monitoring”...

California RunDisney collapsed

meh. They made themselves collapse. People from Anaheim who know city council people said that Disney had never even applied for the permits they said were denied by city council for the cancelled Light Side. Then they announced the nonsensical resort that they cited as the reason for ending tbe, which they then said never mind about (the design was so ridiculous it never would have worked). Now they have this new resort they say they are building.

Tower of Terror is gone,

Construction. They knew what they were planning long before others did. Plus, I think that nighttime races aren’t what they want. I loved it because of the time change issues, but I think they are pretty dangerous...and by that I mean for rundisney.

the 5k scavenger thing at Animal Kingdom in May

I think they knew they would be extending hours long before we had an inkling. Plus avatar.

My point is...Disney will stop the races is they want to. If it’s profitable. And that includes things like insurance and injured runners imo. I don’t think they’ll just fall into stopping. It’ll be a choice.

This may have been asked, but does anyone know if run Disney will credit a different gift card for me? Paid with a gift card, but I cannot find it now( I always save them too😩.) If call will they possibly give me credit on a new gift card? Thanks!

Did you end up calling to find out officially? I hope it works out!

Did you end up calling to find out officially? I hope it works out!
Good news -- I wrote an email to runDisney and received this reply:

"The refund for your registration and any additional commemorative items for the 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend will be provided on a new Disney Gift Card, as we understand that those who paid with a Disney Gift Card may no longer have the original cards available. If you haven't received your new Disney Gift Card in the next six weeks, please let us know."

"The refund for your registration and any additional commemorative items for the 2020 Star Wars Rival Run Weekend will be provided on a new Disney Gift Card, as we understand that those who paid with a Disney Gift Card may no longer have the original cards available. If you haven't received your new Disney Gift Card in the next six weeks, please let us know."

Great! Thanks for sharing.

I haven't received my virtual medal either. I was signed up for the challenge -- I wonder if there's a lag for those of us who signed up for the challenge and were supposed to get them on-site on race day (vs. those who were getting them in the mail all along)?

I haven't received my virtual medal either. I was signed up for the challenge -- I wonder if there's a lag for those of us who signed up for the challenge and were supposed to get them on-site on race day (vs. those who were getting them in the mail all along)?

I haven't heard of anybody doinig the challenge that has gotten the virtual. People justt doing the virtual were recceiving them before the cancellation so I don't expect we'll see any challenge virtuals shipped until they finish with the virtual only ones.

As of right this second, the Wine & Dine Half is available again ... if anyone wanted to throw their Star Wars race money in the Wine & Dine direction. (Subject to change instantaneously if it re-sells out!)

EDIT: And of course, it seems it sold out again just after I sent this ... but keep checking if you're interested, maybe it will reappear.

As of right this second, the Wine & Dine Half is available again ... if anyone wanted to throw their Star Wars race money in the Wine & Dine direction. (Subject to change instantaneously if it re-sells out!)

Why do they tempt me so? I preferred when it was sold out and I didn't have a choice.

I almost prefer it remains sold out, since it seems like all my spring races are being rescheduled to October. Still, the FOMO is strong...

Glad you got a reply, thanks for sharing! I called but they referred me to email guest services, which I did. Haven't heard back though. Any idea if they will be sending gift cards via email or to the original address? We moved in December, so the address I used originally isn't valid😭

I did update my address in Disney profile though

Hopefully you all are seeing your refunds from Disney. Mine came through late yesterday. Happy to see a little extra cash in the bank account during all of this mess.

Glad you got a reply, thanks for sharing! I called but they referred me to email guest services, which I did. Haven't heard back though. Any idea if they will be sending gift cards via email or to the original address? We moved in December, so the address I used originally isn't valid😭

I did update my address in Disney profile though

When runDisney refunded the Half Marathon (back in 2017), the Gift Card came in an email with a code. It wasn't a physical card. This worked out well for us as we easily moved that balance to one of our existing physical cards.

I hope that helps!

Hopefully you all are seeing your refunds from Disney. Mine came through late yesterday. Happy to see a little extra cash in the bank account during all of this mess.
Was that for your race registration or room cancellation? I got my room deposit back, but no sign of race registrations yet. Thx for the reminder - I keep forgetting to check!

anyone get their virtual medal? I saw a couple mention they did, anyone else?

Got mine yesterday. Haven't opened it yet, though. It's in "quarantine." :upsidedow

I wonder if there's a lag for those of us who signed up for the challenge and were supposed to get them on-site on race day (vs. those who were getting them in the mail all along)?

I signed up for it at the end of February with the intention of adding Kessel Run to my existing Challenge bib, so I don't know what list I would have been on. Although I'm sure being in Florida helps shipping-wise. I imagine you'll get it soon though. *fingers crossed* :)

Was that for your race registration or room cancellation? I got my room deposit back, but no sign of race registrations yet. Thx for the reminder - I keep forgetting to check!
No race refunds yet for me - it was on credit card. My billing cycle just ended, so I'm just hoping it posts before the next one.

Got mine yesterday. Haven't opened it yet, though. It's in "quarantine." :upsidedow

I signed up for it at the end of February with the intention of adding Kessel Run to my existing Challenge bib, so I don't know what list I would have been on. Although I'm sure being in Florida helps shipping-wise. I imagine you'll get it soon though. *fingers crossed* :)
nice...were you part of the challenge or did you sign up for the virtual separately? Some mentioned challenge ones may not have yet mailed. thanks

When runDisney refunded the Half Marathon (back in 2017), the Gift Card came in an email with a code. It wasn't a physical card. This worked out well for us as we easily moved that balance to one of our existing physical cards.

I hope that helps!
Great! Thank you so very much ☺️!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter