*****Official April 2020 thread*****

OK guys, I'm bowing out. Just cancelled my April trip. Good luck to those staying in the game! See you in May or July, maybe!

Well all April people, I just read Universal is closed through April 19!? Also, Orange County FL put out a stay at home order, starting Thursday, so, those will impact Disney's April opening I'd say.

Yeah I'm thinking we are looking at May 1st as the earliest, and thats even an optimistic guess. Really depends on what the numbers look like in a month.

I just cancelled my April 19-24 trip a couple days ago. I finally accepted the reality that even if the parks open mid-April, I don't want my parents, who are coming with us, to be there. Right now we're booked 5/31-6/5 at AoA. I'm very cautiously optimistic wdw will be open by then. If not, we're looking at an August 2021 trip the week before my daughter's 3rd birthday (which I'm looking at even if the June trip happens 🙂)

We were just there the first week of December, so while it's sad, we've got some really great recent memories to tide us over if we can't get there this year.

this is all so sad. I haven't had the nerve to hit my cancel button. Ive been told by southwest that my flight is canceled This is all unbelievable Everyone stay healthy

Since we're likely moving our trip to the fall and would also like to visit for the 50th, we're contemplating upgrading to APs and sprinkling a few shorter trips in the middle of the two. However, we've already purchased Memory Maker for our trip. Does anyone know if they'll apply or refund that or if we'd just be out the $169?

I'm waiting for disney, though it was a split trip with Universal which is now cancelled so i will be rescheduling, but i don' t have airfare to worry about so it's just tickets and hotels which are easy. I'm looking at late June based on schools in upstate NY reopening mid april. If they stay closed for the year we'll be going the day they reopen. I am not worried about the CV at all.

I guess I'll be among the last ones standing in here then. :charac2:
Immediately the little emoji made me think of the Titanic, when the musicians were still playing their instruments to keep soothing the passengers or just to keep playing, as the ship went down!!

I call playing cello!
But in all seriousness, I'd love to re-schedule to May but I worry about FP choices. Next option would be early Sept. (because we don't want to go in summer, but still want to swim at Stormalong Bay) or early Nov. (F&W, but after my busy season at work and before Thanksgiving) or early Dec. (before our military salute tickets expire).

Going to be canceling our trip shortly. We would not be able to go again until April 2021. So how would this work? Rebook now at rack rate prices and pay the difference, and rebook when discounts come out and get a refund? Or just wait until discounts come out next Dec./Jan., then book? (Sorry if this is confusing).

Going to be canceling our trip shortly. We would not be able to go again until April 2021. So how would this work? Rebook now at rack rate prices and pay the difference, and rebook when discounts come out and get a refund? Or just wait until discounts come out next Dec./Jan., then book? (Sorry if this is confusing).

If it were me, I would just get a refund for now and rebook later. Who knows what deals might come out by 2021, or what life will even be like at that point.

I had a trip booked 4/21-4/29. I re-scheduled it this morning for 5/12-5/20. I realize that's not guaranteed either, but there was no cost to make this change so thought we'd take our chances. If May doesn't work out, we will re-book for September.

For those considering bumping out to May, I was able to book all the ADRs and FPs I wanted including FOP and Runaway Railway.

I had a trip booked 4/21-4/29. I re-scheduled it this morning for 5/12-5/20. I realize that's not guaranteed either, but there was no cost to make this change so thought we'd take our chances. If May doesn't work out, we will re-book for September.

For those considering bumping out to May, I was able to book all the ADRs and FPs I wanted including FOP and Runaway Railway.

How did you get those within 60 days? I would think they'd be gone, even with many people postponing

How did you get those within 60 days? I would think they'd be gone, even with many people postponing
Your guess is as good as mine! I can only assume its because so many people have cancelled or postponed, which I believe automatically cancels their FPs when the changes are made.

Your guess is as good as mine! I can only assume its because so many people have cancelled or postponed, which I believe automatically cancels their FPs when the changes are made.

Yeah. Well, congrats! Now I'm wondering if I should do the same (we are booked april 18-23)

Yeah. Well, congrats! Now I'm wondering if I should do the same (we are booked april 18-23)
If we are lucky enough to have it open by then, I'm of the opinion the crowds will be low. People will still be hesitant to travel, some schools may go back in session, and so many people have already re-scheduled their May trips. If the price works out and you have the flexibility to move it again if May ends up not working out, I do think its the best option before the heat and crowds of the summer ramp up.

News:
Disney has removed all of their hotels from inventory on 3rd party sites (eg Expedia) for the entire month of April. They are still booking (at this point) on Disneyworld.com.

If we are lucky enough to have it open by then, I'm of the opinion the crowds will be low. People will still be hesitant to travel, some schools may go back in session, and so many people have already re-scheduled their May trips. If the price works out and you have the flexibility to move it again if May ends up not working out, I do think its the best option before the heat and crowds of the summer ramp up.

I hesitated to post because I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but as someone who was at WDW on 3/12-13, please know that a trip to the parks even when it appears the US is on the downward curve, may not be like any other WDW experience. I found it to be very stressful to have "are we doing the right thing" over our heads, along with the fixation of washing hands at every opportunity, wiping things down, trying not to touch anything, clasping my hands in queues to make sure I didn't touch the railings, gel-ing hands after you have to touched anything, finding a napkin so you don't touch the PIN pad or soda dispenser, etc.

Everyone is different and tolerates these situations differently but I wish we had delayed and gone at a time where I wasn't always wondering if we'd done that right thing.

I hesitated to post because I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but as someone who was at WDW on 3/12-13, please know that a trip to the parks even when it appears the US is on the downward curve, may not be like any other WDW experience. I found it to be very stressful to have "are we doing the right thing" over our heads, along with the fixation of washing hands at every opportunity, wiping things down, trying not to touch anything, clasping my hands in queues to make sure I didn't touch the railings, gel-ing hands after you have to touched anything, finding a napkin so you don't touch the PIN pad or soda dispenser, etc.

Everyone is different and tolerates these situations differently but I wish we had delayed and gone at a time where I wasn't always wondering if we'd done that right thing.
This will be the case for the foreseeable future though. Life as we know it has changed, and the changes we are seeing will remain long after Coronavirus. It will never be "normal" again, so we have to adapt and stay vigilant.

This will be the case for the foreseeable future though. Life as we know it has changed, and the changes we are seeing will remain long after Coronavirus. It will never be "normal" again, so we have to adapt and stay vigilant.

Perhaps, but my point is that having been there recently, people should be aware that the experience is not 'land at WDW and forget the rest' because it's impossible. Since everyone is different, it's important that everyone in the traveling party feel comfortable with the experience. I know I've processed things differently than my spouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter