*** Official August 2020 Thread *** (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khewlett

Earning My Ears
Do we have an August thread yet? I've seen posts about Star Wars nite.... but not an official thread! If not, I am happy to start one! :bounce:

ETA: Starting this thread out!!!!

The trip list will be a couple down!! :)

Last edited:
List and event news for August begins here!

8.3-8.15 - YukonMommy
8.4-8.11 - peterpanandwendy
8.6-8.8 - DontSpamMe - DLH
8.6-8.9 - cinder-ellah - GCH

8.6-8.9 - ashmac8 - DLH
8.6-8.10 - momtohms - BW Stovalls Inn
8.7-8.16 - mcrowder1978 - DLH
8.8-8.15 - mocame - BWPPI

8.9-8.12 - Laura_2222
8.9-8.13 - tsumgirl - DI&S
8.9-8.13 - MrsSLF - DLH or GCH?
8.9-8.14 - TikiRob - BWPPI
8.10-8.14 - BespinFatigues - BWPPI
8.10-8.16 - YayforMickey - Fairfield Inn
8.10-8.16 - sweethannah - Residence Inn
8.10-8.18 - 2010_Bride
8.11-8.15 - 22Tink - BWPPI
8.11-8.23 - prthomas - rental house
8.12-8.15 - 2Xited4Disney - DLH
8.14-8.21 - Mouse13 - Hotel Indigo
8.15-8.18 - Andie
272 - VGC
8.15-8.20 - Erin M - PPH
8.18-8.25 - Paigesmom2013 - Kings Inn

8.18 - 8.28 - Disney Lvr of Old - GCH - Star Wars Nite
8.19-8.22
mamapenguin - BW?
8.20-8.23 - Karin1984
8.21-8.29 - manicstreet
8.22-8.27 - andreana22 - Residence Inn - Star Wars Nite
8.23-8.28 - noee
8.24-30 - BrandonH - Motel 6 - Star Wars Celebration (8.27-8.30)
8.25-9.3 - CdnCarrie - CCI
8.26-9.1 -
doombuggy - Red Lion/Springhill Suites - Star Wars Celebration
8.27-8.30 - khewlett - Paradise Pier - Star Wars Nite
8.27-8.30 - Astylla - DI&S - Star Wars Nite
8.28-9.1 -
sgrap - VGC

Events and other news!
2020 Calendar of Events & School Breaks and DLR
https://www.starwarscelebration.com -- at the ACC. Aug. 27-30. 2020
HM usually goes down for the Halloween overlay installation sometime around the third week of August (20-somethingth) and comes back up the first day of Halloween Time.
The parks historically go to the non-peak schedule around the third to fourth week of August -- expect shorter hours, less staffing, refurbs, less entertainment, F! and fireworks on weekends only.
Blockout Calendar:
The lower AP blockout will begin to lift August 17th. This should have a noticeable effect on crowd patterns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woohoo! DH and I are going without the kids to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday!

8/6 to 8/10, staying at BW Stovalls Inn

My family will be at the Fairfield from August 10-16. This will be our fourth August trip in a row. Our trips used to be any random month of the year, but recently the last week before school starts seems to be the only time that we are all free. Some of us couldn't wait for RotR, so I'm leaving tomorrow for a shorter trip with just my oldest daughter.

Woohoo! DH and I are going without the kids to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday!

8/6 to 8/10, staying at BW Stovalls Inn

We are celebrating my birthday too! Kid -free trip also!!!

OOPS! I am confusing my trips... Our trip next week is celebrating my birthday. Our August trip is celebrating the husband's birthday! :rotfl2:

Last edited:
We are celebrating my birthday too! Kid -free trip also!!!

OOPS! I am confusing my trips... Our trip next week is celebrating my birthday. Our August trip is celebrating the husband's birthday! :rotfl2:

Haha! Hooray for birthday trips for you both!

I was there last August as well, and since it was just past my birthday I got a button to wear since I figured it was the closest I would get. Less than a year later I’ll be there on the actual day! Haha!

My family will be at the Fairfield from August 10-16. This will be our fourth August trip in a row. Our trips used to be any random month of the year, but recently the last week before school starts seems to be the only time that we are all free. Some of us couldn't wait for RotR, so I'm leaving tomorrow for a shorter trip with just my oldest daughter.

We'll be there the exact same dates 🤩 but at the Residence Inn unless our hotel changes. And I'm also celebrating my bday, on arrival day nonetheless🎂 We can't wait... our first time going in the summer and while this will be our 6th trip we are bringing DD's bestie with us who has never been!
DH and I are looking forward to spending some quality time together while the girls run off and have their fun.

I'm so happy there is now an Official August thread...omg, I can add a tracker to my signature finally 🙀

Thank you for starting this thread! I'll update your post with a few information threads. Feel free to ask if you need anything!

Yay! DS 12 and I- 8/18-8/28 GCH. We also have Star Wars Nite tickets. This will be the 1st time since 2013 that F! will be open on our trip. When we saw it 9/2013 there was still Dessert seating!

We are so excited to be in Anaheim from 11th to 23rd August. First time travellers to DLR from the UK having been to WDW a few times. Staying in a rental house off South Walnut St with our family of 5 and perhaps one friend for DD. DD 20th and DW 40 something birthdays on the trip - August babies always have their birthdays on holiday!

DH and I for Star Wars after dark and possibly staying extra days.
8/27 -8/30 Desert Inn and Suites

We're going for the first time as a family (and my first return visit in about 20 years) this summer. My daughter and husband have never been to California and I'm sooooooo excited about the DLR portion of our trip. We will be there:

08/09-08/13...and it's still up in the air where we're staying but I am leaning towards DLH or GC

We are visiting for the first time aug 6-9th. We are staying at The Disneyland hotel.

Thanks for starting the thread. Looking forward to following along.

Thanks for starting the thread!! I'm going from August 9-12. It will be my first time going since 2002 (I was 9, lol) and my boyfriend's first time ever! We have been to Disney World and Disneyland Paris before, but we're excited to see the original. 😊

I will also be joining the rest of the August babies in this thread and celebrating my birthday on the 10th!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter