*** Official August 2020 Thread *** (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We moved our trip to august21 - 29. Hope it’s up and running by then. I can’t imagine they will keep parks, concerts and other things closed until 2021. However, I have been wrong every step of this crisis. Let’s hope I get this right. Lol!

Edit: if the parks are indeed closed until 2021 I hate to see what is left of the travel industry. Especially Disney related travel companies. Sadly most will be gone. So, not just from a selfish point of view do I want the parks to open sooner rather than later. I want this community to survive.

If we have to move our trip, I’m debating if October is too early to hope for. If August is affected than it’s likely October would be too.. but all the health experts are also claiming we’d see a resurgence in winter.. so my back up back up plan for December isn’t reassuring either.

We had planned for our first WDW in 2021 so I suppose if Disneyland doesn’t happen this year I can throw all the money at that trip...

I hate not knowing! Anyone else going nuts? 🤪

Honesty don’t know what I am doing... need to see how school and summer camps sort out. But I do know I have a fairly large credit with Jet Blue, and a teen that can’t miss much school... and right now August looks like a possibility for a long weekend... sigh.... we were supposed to be there this weekend post a college visit trip...

I thought I might hop on this thread! I had a May 16th Disneyland trip through ABD which was cancelled, but think August would be a great time to visit.

We are now booked 8/19-8/22 at one of the Best Westerns. We had to cancel 3/22-3/26....and Cinderella tea :(

FYI: for those of us that had to move our trip to august due to the Coronavirus. Disneyland has a special offer starting March 30 for us. As long as you didn’t cancel before March 1 you are eligible. The details haven’t been announced yet but travel dates are most days June 1 - December 31.

FYI: for those of us that had to move our trip to august due to the Coronavirus. Disneyland has a special offer starting March 30 for us. As long as you didn’t cancel before March 1 you are eligible. The details haven’t been announced yet but travel dates are most days June 1 - December 31.
See the quote below (from the DLR Closure Superhread) for the details on the special offer for those rescheduling trips:

I saw on one of the bloggers Instagram stories (Disney Food Blog) that the Disneyland offer for people rescheduling is:

“Beginning Monday, March 30, 2020, these select guests will be able to book a special Disneyland Resort offer for most arrival dates from June 1st through December 31st, 2020. The Cast Member we spoke with said the offer will apply to weekdays, Sunday through Thursday. Eligible guests will receive up to 10% off at Paradise Pier for a Premium Room. Guests booking at the Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian Hotel can receive 15% off a standard room or 20% off a premium room!”

ETA: here’s the link https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...rivate-offer-for-guests-affected-by-closures/

I doubting we will make our August trip. I can't see travel restrictions and insurance being available to us in the UK before then. If I'm honest, I doubt the parks will even be open by then.

Our family group of 4 is going August 6-9th on a Contest Win and staying at DGC Hotel. Hoping like all the rest of you that Disneyland will be open ....... sending lots of Pixie Dust your way :tinker:

Update from this week's MP "DLR Update" (3?30?20):
Correction
Last week we reported that a Disney had filed for a permit with the City of Anaheim to allow them to keep the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths in use through September 7, 2020. We speculated that Disney might be planning to extend the Food & Wine Festival, which is scheduled to run through April 21 but has been cut short due to the COVID-19 closure.
Well, we were wrong. While Disney did file for an extension, it was just for one piece of equipment, not all of the Festival Marketplace booths as indicated on the permit. Disney has given no indication that they are looking to extend the Festival beyond April 21.
We apologize for getting your hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!