Official Avengers 2017

Hi everyone - for the meet up before the race, I will be at the Lilo dance area around 3:45 to 3:50. I’ll hold up a sign that says “DIS RUNNERS” and be somewhere between the pre-race water and open area past the tall pillars with the avengers characters on them.

I will be wearing a bright yellow tank with Kellsie’s Hope on it and a pink sparkle skirt. I may have a Disney Mylar blanket on if it’s cold.

Just look for the sign. :)

I’m heading to the corrals around 4:30.

Hi everyone - for the meet up before the race, I will be at the Lilo dance area around 3:45 to 3:50. I’ll hold up a sign that says “DIS RUNNERS” and be somewhere between the pre-race water and open area past the tall pillars with the avengers characters on them.

I will be wearing a bright yellow tank with Kellsie’s Hope on it and a pink sparkle skirt. I may have a Disney Mylar blanket on if it’s cold.

Just look for the sign. :)

I’m heading to the corrals around 4:30.
I’ll be there right around 4! I’ll find you!

Good luck to all avengers runners! I had so much fun running this last year. A little jealous (ok a lot) if you all for running it this year! Enjoy and good luck!

Rise and shine - it’s time for us to hit the park one last time

For the DIS meet. Looks like I’ll be there closer to 4. Husband has taken his sweet time to get ready this morning. LOL.

Hope everyone had a great race this morning! The weather was perfect and I definitely had fun. It was a little disappointing to see all the same characters as in the 10K on the course, but it meant that I didn’t have to stop for anything and I finished faster than I expected! I was grateful for the Red Vines stop and all the kids cheering along the back half of the course.

All in all, a great morning and a fond farewell to racing in Disneyland.

Hope everyone had a great race this morning! The weather was perfect and I definitely had fun. It was a little disappointing to see all the same characters as in the 10K on the course, but it meant that I didn’t have to stop for anything and I finished faster than I expected! I was grateful for the Red Vines stop and all the kids cheering along the back half of the course.

All in all, a great morning and a fond farewell to racing in Disneyland.

Was Loki there today? Saw him during the 10k but not the Half?

Got home and realized my Gauntlet medal is missing a stone. Ugh, I hope RunDisney will replace it.

Was Loki there today? Saw him during the 10k but not the Half?

Got home and realized my Gauntlet medal is missing a stone. Ugh, I hope RunDisney will replace it.
Loki was out for sure - he had no line when I ran past! He was tucked away and I think people were running past him. Same with the stop behind Mickey’s Fun Wheel. Hopefully you get another medal! That really sucks.

Loki was out for sure - he had no line when I ran past! He was tucked away and I think people were running past him. Same with the stop behind Mickey’s Fun Wheel. Hopefully you get another medal! That really sucks.
Aww man. At least I got a pic with Thor.

Today’s course was... well, the least favorite of the three this weekend. It was a great speedy training run but I struggled with the congestion in the parks for the first 4 miles - something I didn’t experience in the last two days. I started in D and was shocked just how packed it was. I think they released corrals too quickly today??

Otherwise everything was good. Plenty of water stations and on course entrainment. Angel stadium was great too - sort of eerie being empty with only the announcer cheering you on and no one in the stands.

But we had perfect weather. No sun. Temps were exactly perfect for running. Loved it!!

Well my 2017 RD season comes to an end. I was extremely fortunate to have run 6 RD weekends this year. 4 of the 6 being here at Disneyland. I can proudly say I PRd today on the Half coming at 2:39! What a way to go out! Thanks to all who volunteered, the Anaheim police, and Disney staff for making this, imo, the best RD event in California this year. Tink was the low point and this might have been the high point! Well done and congrats to everyone!

Did they raise the pricing for the PhotoPass? I could have sworn there used to be a one day or weekend photopass option. Now I only see one week.

Since I signed up suuuuuper last minute I was in Corral J which was annoying as I was in Corral D at the Wine & Dine last weekend. I wanted to have fun with this race and I did! I stopped at every character, which I don't normally do. But I was really sad that they didn't have any Mickey and Friend's characters out (yes, I know it is a super hero themed run) . I would have loved just one more picture with Mickey at a DL Race. So instead I have all these pictures with Super Heroes that I don't know. Haha. The course was fun (better than the W&D HM last weekend). I love running through Anaheim because you get so much more crowd interaction. Also -- THE JELLO SHOTS & Bacon. I mean come onnnn. It was sad and bittersweet. I cried a little. I took pictures of every single RIP Run Disney sign and costume I saw. I am glad I did this last race.

Since I signed up suuuuuper last minute I was in Corral J which was annoying as I was in Corral D at the Wine & Dine last weekend. I wanted to have fun with this race and I did! I stopped at every character, which I don't normally do. But I was really sad that they didn't have any Mickey and Friend's characters out (yes, I know it is a super hero themed run) . I would have loved just one more picture with Mickey at a DL Race. So instead I have all these pictures with Super Heroes that I don't know. Haha. The course was fun (better than the W&D HM last weekend). I love running through Anaheim because you get so much more crowd interaction. Also -- THE JELLO SHOTS & Bacon. I mean come onnnn. It was sad and bittersweet. I cried a little. I took pictures of every single RIP Run Disney sign and costume I saw. I am glad I did this last race.

Now you have to watch the movies to understand who you took photos with.

Now you have to watch the movies to understand who you took photos with.
I thought about that, but these movies are not my thing. Haha. My favorite was when I got my picture taken with Dr. Strange (it took me LOTS of googling to figure out who he was) and I saw everyone doing some hand thing, so I look confused and I am doing a peace sign. I was like "I don't know what I am doing." And he said "You're summoning a portal, it's fine." I laughed as I ran away. Hahaha.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting a replacement race for next year. Rock n Roll Vegas has a pre-sell price of $99 for the half or full marathon. The price is good through the 19th or when they sell out of the special price spots. The half and full are on November 11, 2018.

I've been wanting to try this race so I guess that's the only bright spot of Avengers not happening.

Just a heads up for anyone wanting a replacement race for next year. Rock n Roll Vegas has a pre-sell price of $99 for the half or full marathon. The price is good through the 19th or when they sell out of the special price spots. The half and full are on November 11, 2018.
I am already planning on it. But what is weird to me is that the Arizona RNR Half Marathon that is in January is still only $99. Is the Vegas one more expensive usually?? In any rate, it's on my radar for next year. :)

I am already planning on it. But what is weird to me is that the Arizona RNR Half Marathon that is in January is still only $99. Is the Vegas one more expensive usually?? In any rate, it's on my radar for next year. :)

It looks like all their races are different prices. They had the Los Angeles pre sale at $59. I looked online and found this from a website for Las Vegas this year. I'm not sure how accurate it is though...

Fees
  • $136 – $146 for the half marathon
  • $150 – $160 for the full marathon
  • $80 – $90 for the 10K
  • $60 for the 5K

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts