***Official Candlelight Processional Dining Package Watch - 2018***

We got Christmas Eve pretty easily last year. You just need to vigilant and ensure that you make reservations when they start. If you miss it a day or two, you may not get your first pick, but you will be able to eat somewhere.

Thanks. I am checking every day. I hope I don’t forget to check the one day the packages are released. That would be my dumb luck

Thanks. I am checking every day. I hope I don’t forget to check the one day the packages are released. That would be my dumb luck
I think it also depends on what restaurant you want as well. We ate at San Angel Inn and had a great time. Is there a specific restaurant you want to eat at? Usually, the packages go on sale within the last 2 weeks of June.

As we wait, do we just keep watching the official candlelight processional page (like refreshing the special offers page before that drops...for comparison). Don't want to wait for the announcement that only ends up several hours later than opening.

suddenly find myself going to WDW for Christmas. So I'm looking at the package. Must decide whether Christmas Eve or Day. and it'll probably be Biergarten or Via Napoli.

suddenly find myself going to WDW for Christmas. So I'm looking at the package. Must decide whether Christmas Eve or Day. and it'll probably be Biergarten or Via Napoli.

We did this last year on Christmas Eve, eating at Biergarten. On Christmas Day, we treated ourselves to the MK Dessert Party. Highly enjoyable!

Seems nearly all Epcot and Boardwalk restaurants were available for the package last year. This year I can currently make ADR's for most Epcot restaurants but a few I cannot for any day late Nov thru December. Why would Disney hold up ADR's (non-package) for certain restaurants pending CP release but not others?

As we wait, do we just keep watching the official candlelight processional page (like refreshing the special offers page before that drops...for comparison). Don't want to wait for the announcement that only ends up several hours later than opening.

Packages went live on June 30th last year. So keep watching

Seems nearly all Epcot and Boardwalk restaurants were available for the package last year. This year I can currently make ADR's for most Epcot restaurants but a few I cannot for any day late Nov thru December. Why would Disney hold up ADR's (non-package) for certain restaurants pending CP release but not others?

Free dining period- they have to hold inventory for the CP-or they would not have any seats for the packages. Once the CP frenzy (After they are offered) they do normally open more non package dates. At least they did last year.

Free dining period- they have to hold inventory for the CP-or they would not have any seats for the packages. Once the CP frenzy (After they are offered) they do normally open more non package dates. At least they did last year.

I realize that but most restaurants were easy for me to get during FD, but a few have nothing for lunch or dinner for ANY day from late Nov. thru Dec. regardless of FD. CP was available for nearly all Epcot restaurants last year. I would think the CP holding would effect most restaurants, not just a few.

Is there a specific link to be able to get updates on when the CP is announced and reservations can be made? Can you use your DDP for this dining reservation or do you just pay OOP for your dinner? Are there also special tickets you buy to attend the CP? If any of you have already attended in the past could you give me a little review of it? Do you also need an entrance ticket to get into EPCOT that day? Thank you

Thank you so much I will keep watching for dates for 2018. Just a quick trip and this would be awesome to see. I thought I read it was in EPCOT but then I thought I saw a post the other day saying in was in the square at MK so I wanted to verify. Maybe they have something else at MK. Which EPCOT resort would be a good choice? Do you know what time this usually is? Only one performance a night? Do you have to be on the DDP to make a dining reservation?

There is nothing like this at MK, so not sure what that post was talking about.

Are you wanting to STAY at an EP resort or are you asking which restaurant for the CP package?

There are three shows every night: 5:00, 6:30, and 8:00 (I think).

No, you don't have to be on the DDP to make any dining reservation. Anyone can make a dining reservation 180 days out from the date. CP packages are NOT out yet, so even though we're 180 days out, you can't make one until they announce them.

I think they are referring to CP at Disneyland. At DL, it is a HUGE stage that takes up most of town square. So many members of the choir that they totally fill the front of the train station wall (from tunnel to tunnel) and the trumpeters are on the roof of the station. Only way to get reserved seats is to be a VIP. Otherwise you end up waiting literally all day (people rope drop to get a curb spot and wait it out). And it’s only over 1 weekend, so that can get crazy (it’s too much of a traffic jam if they have more than that)!

Is there a specific link to be able to get updates on when the CP is announced and reservations can be made? Can you use your DDP for this dining reservation or do you just pay OOP for your dinner? Are there also special tickets you buy to attend the CP? If any of you have already attended in the past could you give me a little review of it? Do you also need an entrance ticket to get into EPCOT that day? Thank you

THIS is the thread that will have the announcement as soon as it's known/made, so just keep an eye here.

Yes you can use your DDP, but it will cost you 2 TS meals for everyone no matter where or which meal you eat.

The only ticket needed is your park entrance ticket to EP; otherwise, it's free to anyone who wants to go.

It is a reading of the Biblical narrative of the birth of Jesus Christ with a choir singing tradition Christmas carols. You can find it on YouTube.

As already stated, yes, you need a ticket to get into EP.

Any one know the dining time frames for which show you can see? I was thinking of booking a very early dinner (3:45p) to hopefully get the 6:45 show. I am guessing there are time frames of dinner that will exclude a certain show time. We are also going to try for the Frozen dessert party (if it is available) that same night so an early dinner and then desserts at 8pm would work out great.

Any one know the dining time frames for which show you can see? I was thinking of booking a very early dinner (3:45p) to hopefully get the 6:45 show. I am guessing there are time frames of dinner that will exclude a certain show time. We are also going to try for the Frozen dessert party (if it is available) that same night so an early dinner and then desserts at 8pm would work out great.

For the past few years, the time of your dinner has not dictated the show time, other than you have to have enough time to eat and then get in line for your show.

With that said, if you make the ADR online and it doesn't "assign" you the show time you want, try refreshing to see if it will. If that still doesn't work, I'd probably make the ADR for whatever they are giving me, and then call in to see if they can change the show time. If you're calling to make the ADR initially, then just tell them what you would like, and they should be able to make that happen.

The only way to guarantee a seat is to buy a CP dining package. When you pay at the end of your meal you get a sticker with your show time. We have seen it 4 times each with a different narrator and absolutely love it! We plan to go again this year.

Following...our family trip is 12/14-12/20, so we are hoping to book this package for 12/16, but I'm having trouble with the fact it's 2 TS credits. Thinking we may just have to pay OOP for another TS meal during our stay since we really like to have a nice sit-down meal each day. Is anyone else on the DP and thinking of doing the same thing?

We are definitely paying out of pocket. We would lose about $30 a person if we used 2 dining credits on Biergarten, which is where hubby would like to go.

We are definitely paying out of pocket. We would lose about $30 a person if we used 2 dining credits on Biergarten, which is where hubby would like to go.

How do you do the math? What is the cost of the dinner package? Is it just the cost of the lunch or dinner at the various restaurants? Or is there an additional charge for the CP seating?

I used last years prices. On the deluxe plan I am paying almost $39 a credit. Biergarten last year was $44 or 2 table credits. So I would be paying $78 in credits and would be better off just paying the $44.

Edited to add: If you look on the first page of this thread and scroll down a bit, they have last years prices for each restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter