Official Destination D: Celebrating Mickey Mouse Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up the perimeter for Fall 2019 and it’s September 23-December 21 should be interesting to see where those openings fall and how chaotic it will be with Halloween/Food and Wine the front half and the Holiday Season in the back half

Makes me wonder 1) should I book my room now for wine and dine weekend and not after I register (weekend is oct 31-nov 3) and 2) how much my AP renewal will be in November 2019 and if I’ll be priced out to even see them

I looked up the perimeter for Fall 2019 and it’s September 23-December 21 should be interesting to see where those openings fall and how chaotic it will be with Halloween/Food and Wine the front half and the Holiday Season in the back half

Makes me wonder 1) should I book my room now for wine and dine weekend and not after I register (weekend is oct 31-nov 3) and 2) how much my AP renewal will be in November 2019 and if I’ll be priced out to even see them

It is interesting that Fall seems to have gotten more crowded and summer less, yet they are having all these new things opening then

Also makes me wonder if some of these things might have some soft openings in late summer - can’t really be having everything in testing and opening at same time, figure you want to stagger then a bit

The music for Mary Poppins is at least worthy of the name. I think the movie will be good too, but I don't want to be disappointed. The presentation tonight was amazing!

I totally agree. I am really looking forward to the music being released in a couple of weeks.

Not going to lie, if I were buying into Riviera, I'd be SERIOUSLY disappointed in that pool. So lackluster...

The music for Mary Poppins is at least worthy of the name. I think the movie will be good too, but I don't want to be disappointed. The presentation tonight was amazing!

When he did the one song Mary will sing in the movie, my wife said she will need a box of tissues when we see the movie. It was an amazing evening. The tip of the hat to the Sherman Brothers was especially nice.

When he did the one song Mary will sing in the movie, my wife said she will need a box of tissues when we see the movie. It was an amazing evening. The tip of the hat to the Sherman Brothers was especially nice.

I needed tissues during the presentation last night. I’m going to be a mess. It’s been a great event so far.

Runaway Railroad session going on now:

From Big Fat Panda:
Sound effects for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway are all made old school style - nothing digital. Music is going to play a big part in the attraction as well!
#DestinationD
That is going to be awesome! And think about it, kids under what, 10 maybe 15 (guessing, I have no idea how long things have been purely digital), have not really experienced old school sound effects.

Some more on the attraction:

@TheDIS: Imagineering had to develop a special paint methodology for the train in #RunawayRailway to appear in both white light and black light #DestinationD @DisneyD23

@TheDIS: The original slide whistle used in “Steamboat Willie” is going to be used in #RunawayRailway for the train whistle! #DestinationD @DisneyD23

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter