Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Another silly cake question that just came to mind: I'm having a cake delivered to my resort room. Does the cake come with candles, or can I request them? Or are candles easily available at the resort shops? Same with lighters?

Sorry I only have a partial answer for you, but when I had a cake delivered to our resort room, it did not come with candles. I'm not sure about requesting them or finding them at the shops though.

Some of my cakes have arrived with a pack of candles and some haven't. I can't remember if there were matches. I would request them when you place the order, and ask them how it works with matches. There may be some safety reason they can't provide them.

We have a reservation at California grill for my wife birthday !st week in October. I am confused on who I have to call to order a cake.

We have a reservation at California grill for my wife birthday !st week in October. I am confused on who I have to call to order a cake.

From Post #2....
Contemporary Resort* 407-824-3500
This number is the resort’s main line; ask to be transferred to Contemporary Private Dining. DO NOT LEAVE A MESSAGE ON THE CAKE HOTLINE. You must speak to a REAL PERSON. No one answers the voicemail anymore.

At least one week's notice is required for elaborate cakes; simple cakes may be ordered 72 hours in advance. Orders may not be placed more than 90 days in advance.
  • Mickey Mouse Celebration Dome Cake: $35 chocolate cake with chocolate mousse or vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse
  • 6-inch $35 chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream or vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream; screen prints not available
  • 8-inch $50 custom vanilla, chocolate or marble cake; filling is chocolate or vanilla buttercream, white or dark chocolate mousse, fruit mousse or custard with strawberries; frosting is vanilla or chocolate buttercream or whipped cream
  • 10-inch $70 custom cake, same options as 8-inch custom cake
  • Screen print costs $32
  • White chocolate Cinderella slipper dessert costs $15
  • Mini cakes are two tiers and serve 2. They are usually covered in buttercream frosting, though fondant can be applied over one-tier mini cakes. Not all cake or filling flavors may be available; prices start around $40
  • Fancy, fondant-covered cakes $32 on top of the price for a basic cake in the size you want (see above). Standard fillings are vanilla buttercream, white chocolate mousse, dark chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse, raspberry mousse, Amaretto mousse (+$5), peanut butter mousse (+$5) and Oreo mousse (a.k.a., The Grey Stuff, +$12); additional flavors may be available.

HOWEVER... right now the Private Dining team is still furloughed, so there is no one to take (and possibly make) your order. You can keep trying as your date approaches, but you might want to investigate picking up a cake at Publix or having a local Orlando bakery make something for you to pick up/have delivered.

We're not planning on going until February, but I'm starting to think about cake. Assuming my parents decide they are comfortable with travel and nothing keeps us from traveling, we'll be celebrating DH's 50th and my mom's 70th...along with everything else that has happened in our long break from being able to visit together. And I don't want to do this with a podium cake. Like everything else with this trip, my plans involve many things at WDW not being normal when we go (since who knows what it'll be like when we go)...including private dining and cakes. So, I'm starting to look at outside bakeries.

Has anyone used Jillycakes? I see she's started doing custom cakes and is no longer just offering cupcakes. I also see she's able to accommodate dietary issues that would normally just be stuck with Erin McKenna's (those cakes just aren't cute :( ). I know she won big on Cupcake Wars and I think Ryno from the DisUnplugged podcast also is a friend and likes their stuff. Just wondering if any of us cake lovers have actually used them? Also wondering if they deliver (which I guess I can find out if I call or email- since I can't find it on the site). I will have my vehicle and it looks like it's only a 15 min drive from our resort, so it's not a huge deal if they don't. Thanks!

We are glad to report that at least some places on property are still doing custom cakes. We just ordered a custom cake for our daughter's first birthday this October. We went simple on decorations as we expect this will be a smash cake when all is said and done. We are having it delivered for dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe.

This is the cake we had made for our eldest daughter's first birthday 4 years ago. For this upcoming cake, we asked for a castle outline instead of the crown.
20161211_083528.jpg

We are glad to report that at least some places on property are still doing custom cakes. We just ordered a custom cake for our daughter's first birthday this October. We went simple on decorations as we expect this will be a smash cake when all is said and done. We are having it delivered for dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe.

This is the cake we had made for our eldest daughter's first birthday 4 years ago. For this upcoming cake, we asked for a castle outline instead of the crown.
View attachment 527352
We are staying at POP - can i get a custom cake delivered there? and who do I call ?

Has anyone heard if you are able to order cakes to AKL yet? I tried calling the AKL number but there was no answer. If not- any suggestions on another way we could get a cake? We will be in Animal Kingdom that day; would it make sense to order a cake to a restaurant there and just pick it up?? Not sure if that’s something they would allow us to do.

Just learned that the Contemporary's pastry team is back and taking orders 5 days a week. Call the Contemporary's Cake Line and leave a message with details on what you want, and they'll call back to finalize the order: 1-407-824-2955.

Sorry, I totally forgot to post the pics of the Avenger's cake from several weeks ago! It was a marble cake with grey stuff mousse and it had some sugar decorations on top. The cake topper was a chocolate pop and completely edible. The LEDs were not 😂.

The Poly night manager hand delivered it to make sure everything was to my liking which I thought was awfully nice of him. It also came with cute cutlery and fancy napkins. Husband was very surprised and loved the heck out of it. He said it was the best birthday ever!

I can't speak for any of the other resorts with the COVID closures and not being able to place orders. Sad to hear that some are having difficulty with their cakes. All I can say is that I called the private dining number at the Grand Floridian, requested a custom cake for delivery at the Poly, and was transferred to a woman I perceived to be a baker. Hopefully more options will be available at other resorts as phrase 3 begins. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• 20200930_133204.jpg
    20200930_133204.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 191
Just got back from a big birthday trip with my husband. I ordered the smallest cake I could get through the Grand Floridian pastry team since neither the Poly (where we were staying) or the Contemporary (we ate at California Grill for his birthday dinner) had cake personnel on hand at the time. Thankfully, GF was able to deliver the cake to Kona Cafe; for some reason I thought they'd deliver it to the room so it was a bit of a anticlimatic reveal, haha.

I thought the cake turned out beautifully but it wasn't as whimsical as I was expecting. I asked for a tropical theme and while the sides and hibiscus flowers were beautiful, I was not expecting a brown cake😂. Not disappointed, just definitely not what I thought I was gonna get!

Attachments

• cake1.jpg
    cake1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 209
  • cake2.jpg
    cake2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 215
  • cake3.jpg
    cake3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 212
I thought the cake turned out beautifully but it wasn't as whimsical as I was expecting. I asked for a tropical theme and while the sides and hibiscus flowers were beautiful, I was not expecting a brown cake😂. Not disappointed, just definitely not what I thought I was gonna get!

I do love the colorful decorations on the side and how they pop against the brown!

Just got back from a big birthday trip with my husband. I ordered the smallest cake I could get through the Grand Floridian pastry team since neither the Poly (where we were staying) or the Contemporary (we ate at California Grill for his birthday dinner) had cake personnel on hand at the time. Thankfully, GF was able to deliver the cake to Kona Cafe; for some reason I thought they'd deliver it to the room so it was a bit of a anticlimatic reveal, haha.

I agree, the brown is a little odd, although lurkyloo is right that the decorations pop against that color. The flowers are just beautiful, though! Very cute cake. :-)

Hi. Does anyone have the contact information for Amorette's for ordering a custom cake? It was suggested by the folks at Contemporary that perhaps I call them due to where I want to have the cake delivered.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!