** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious. Does everyone ready have their tickets purchased or are AP's? I regret not getting tickets before they shut sales down and am now concerned that even if DLR opens before our trip we won't be able to get tickets. Any others with that worry? We started planning a DW trip as an in case but would really prefer to stick with DLR.
We purchased our tickets a couple of weeks before the price increase. My BFF, who waited, didn't get hers and, as a result, doesn't know if there's any point to trying to book a trip at the same time we're going in December. However, here in AZ, grocery stores and such still have the card-type park tickets on display. (Whether or not they can SELL them, I don't know). They're two-day tickets, so any longer would require an upgrade.

We purchased our tickets a couple of weeks before the price increase. My BFF, who waited, didn't get hers and, as a result, doesn't know if there's any point to trying to book a trip at the same time we're going in December. However, here in AZ, grocery stores and such still have the card-type park tickets on display. (Whether or not they can SELL them, I don't know). They're two-day tickets, so any longer would require an upgrade.

They can't. Or at least are not supposed to be able to. Back when they first pulled them from sale I saw people posting their stores still had the cards out, but the registers wouldn't process the sale and came up with an error code to pull all stock. I'm guessing no one has tried to buy one since sales ceased.

I have an AP, and I'm also super curious what they'll be doing about prepaid MaxPass. I understand being able to request a refund if there's no FastPass, but what about those of us that would like to keep it for the photos?

You can take me off the list, I’m giving up on 2020 and putting all my effort into next summer.

Seeing how scaled down WDW’s xmas is gonna be just majorly bummed me out and made me realize even if DL is open... I’d miss the holiday things we’re used too just too much to make it worth it for us.

Good luck all- I hope it happens for everyone!
I've removed you from the list. I'm so sorry that the latest announcements about WDW put a damper on the holiday trip you had planned. By next summer, you'll be able to justify all sorts of splurges with all your cancelled 2020 trip savings!

Just curious. Does everyone ready have their tickets purchased or are AP's? I regret not getting tickets before they shut sales down and am now concerned that even if DLR opens before our trip we won't be able to get tickets. Any others with that worry? We started planning a DW trip as an in case but would really prefer to stick with DLR.

We have our tickets for 2 people and are hoping to be able to purchase for a third. What I am slightly worried about is that we sprung for 5 day park hoppers with maxpass hoping to upgrade to a flexpass before the end of our trip. If DL follows WDW they won't be selling any annual passes for awhile. That bums me out because I don't know if I would have purchased the 5 day if I couldn't put the purchase toward a flexpass.

Staying at Portofino Suites 12/28 with 4 day max pass (first time at DL) still hoping it happens.

I've decided I will still go if they still do HM Holiday. I'm from the east coast and can't go but every few years and this is my first trip as an adult. I've always wanted to see HM Holiday!

Just booked a 3 BR suite at the DLH from December 27-29! So excited, anxious and hopeful all at once. There are 9 of us going and we are all locals missing our favorite place. I am hoping that with the capacity restrictions in place this will end up being a great time to go! Major concern is tickets as we will all need them since some are Signature APs and the rest have nothing so none of us have admission for those times.

We are planning to be at DL from Dec 23 - Jan 3, staying at the Tropicana Inn & Suites. We love Disney during the holiday season - our last Christmas visit was in 2015. We purchased the Cdn offer on the tickets. Hoping to use our Delta credit for flights. We had to postpone our May Europe trip till next year, was hoping to visit Disneyland Paris to check off visiting all the Disney parks in the world. But it will have to wait. Until then, we can look forward to visiting our ‘home’ park in Dec. Hoping that everyone stays safe!
We have cancelled our Christmas visit :sad1: Our Canadian government advises against non-essential travel. And we are just waiting to see how COVID-19 plays out and if there is a vaccine in the future. Not even sure if we will be travelling in 2021. We can’t wait to visit DL again !

Just booked a 3 BR suite at the DLH from December 27-29! So excited, anxious and hopeful all at once. There are 9 of us going and we are all locals missing our favorite place. I am hoping that with the capacity restrictions in place this will end up being a great time to go! Major concern is tickets as we will all need them since some are Signature APs and the rest have nothing so none of us have admission for those times.

I've added you to the list! Hopefully ticket sales start up soon after the park reopening announcement happens.🤞 There's hope since WDW started selling tickets before the parks reopened.

We have cancelled our Christmas visit :sad1: Our Canadian government advises against non-essential travel. And we are just waiting to see how COVID-19 plays out and if there is a vaccine in the future. Not even sure if we will be travelling in 2021. We can’t wait to visit DL again !
I'm sorry you've had to cancel. This has definitely been a hard year for travel, but DL will be there when you're ready.

Someone in the Speculation Superthread mentioned a new on site discount offer that runs from 10/15/20 through 12/31/20. No details yet from that poster on what the new offer includes. Might be worth a call for those who had to cancel and lost the previous discount offer.
ETA: Posters have said to ask for the "broad discount" which applies to the PPH and GCH.

From the Official Reopening Superthread:
Details on the new discount offer:
MajorasMask said:
I just spoke with WDTC. I was told the new discount is 35% off weekdays and 25% off weekends. They only included GCH and PP in the verbal explanation. The rate can be applied to room only reservations right now. The discount will not be available until Monday, for those of us who have packages. I was told to call back. I confirmed the $50 resort credit is still valid.

I'm curious to know how all of you December people are feeling about your trips at this point. One day I'm super positive and the next I'm ready to throw in the towel! Honestly, if I hadn't already purchased tickets I probably would have already thrown in the towel. I can't decide how long I should wait before I start making plans for a plan B trip for the same time frame. It's been such an awful year (for everyone), but our family has had some extra doses of crappiness, and I really want to end the year by doing something fun. Initially, when I planned our trip, I was trying to get there as soon as our school Christmas break started, but finish our park days by the 21st. My thinking was that crowds would build as it got closer to Christmas. Now that the reservation system will likely keep crowds level (if the park is actually open), I think I might build in a break day?

Where is your head at? Are you still making plans?

ETA: I've also looked a bit at WDW, but flights for my dates for the 5 of us were outrageous:(

We are still planning to be there - arriving 12/28 and leaving 1/3. We have five-day hoppers, and I am concerned that we won't be able to use all five days. Also I'm bummed that park hopping will not be a thing. But it's either December or not until 2023, probably.

I'm curious to know how all of you December people are feeling about your trips at this point. One day I'm super positive and the next I'm ready to throw in the towel! Honestly, if I hadn't already purchased tickets I probably would have already thrown in the towel. I can't decide how long I should wait before I start making plans for a plan B trip for the same time frame. It's been such an awful year (for everyone), but our family has had some extra doses of crappiness, and I really want to end the year by doing something fun. Initially, when I planned our trip, I was trying to get there as soon as our school Christmas break started, but finish our park days by the 21st. My thinking was that crowds would build as it got closer to Christmas. Now that the reservation system will likely keep crowds level (if the park is actually open), I think I might build in a break day?

Where is your head at? Are you still making plans?

ETA: I've also looked a bit at WDW, but flights for my dates for the 5 of us were outrageous:(
[/QUOTE

Yes!! I so agree with "one day i'm super positive and the next I'm ready to throw in the towel"! That is exactly me too. Today is a day I'm feeling not positive the trip will happen. The latest articles showing Newsom hasn't even acknowledged the theme parks is leaving me feeling so frustrated. For me half the fun of a trip is happy anticipation and planning, and I am not getting that this time. I feel like even if they do happen to open I kind of lost out on that aspect.

I feel so lucky because I rented DVC points from the most awesome guy and he has been so helpful. He even booked a back up reservation for me to WDW (Copper Creek and Boardwalk!), but he will need to use those points by mid October so I'll have to make by decision and I am unsure whether we will have even heard anything by then. So that is also stressful. Considering I already have 5 day tickets to Disneyland and have already booked flights, the WDW trip will cost much more, but I just want to experience the holidays at Disney so much this year.

I wish they would just announce something!

I mean, we have reservations at the Residence Inn for the week before Christmas, and we have tickets. But, we don't have any high hopes. It feels completely up in the air. I haven't really planned anything at all. I just know that if Disney doesn't extend our January expiration, I want to try to make it work.

For me half the fun of a trip is happy anticipation and planning, and I am not getting that this time. I feel like even if they do happen to open I kind of lost out on that aspect.
My family accuses me of enjoying the planning more than the trip, it may or may not be true;) Sounds like you've got a good back up plan!

I mean, we have reservations at the Residence Inn for the week before Christmas, and we have tickets. But, we don't have any high hopes. It feels completely up in the air. I haven't really planned anything at all. I just know that if Disney doesn't extend our January expiration, I want to try to make it work.
I heard something depressing the other day that I've been keeping to myself because I didn't want it to be true. On a facebook live that Get Away Today did on Tuesday, they said that they had been told by their Disney rep, that 2019 ticket expirations would not be extended:headache::mad:. They are not ones to be throwing out mistruths, so sadly, I am inclined to think that they really were told this by Disney. I just seriously cannot believe that Disney wouldn't make it right with those of us who are holding tickets, but who knows what's to come:confused3.

I heard something depressing the other day that I've been keeping to myself because I didn't want it to be true. On a facebook live that Get Away Today did on Tuesday, they said that they had been told by their Disney rep, that 2019 ticket expirations would not be extended:headache::mad:. They are not ones to be throwing out mistruths, so sadly, I am inclined to think that they really were told this by Disney. I just seriously cannot believe that Disney wouldn't make it right with those of us who are holding tickets, but who knows what's to come:confused3.
That's very disappointing to me. I bought the tickets in February. When exactly was I supposed to use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter