***Official DLR February 2021 Check In Thread***

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
AKA I Rescheduled Again Thread :Pinkbounc

So we we go again. As there wasn't a thread, I decided to start one. I know all these rescheduling are getting everyone down, so come share your misery... ahem .. I mean joy (said through gritted teeth) and lets start planning February 2021.

I have changed my fights to end of January, start of February. The last week of January I will be in LA with my friends and then the first few days in February I will be in Anaheim.

Dates to be aware of:
DCA's 18th Anniversary 2/08
Lunar New Year 2/12
Valentine's Day 2/14
President's Day 2/15
Ski Week (CA schools) 2/15 - 2/19??
Mardi Gras 2/16
DCA Food & Wine Festival ???

News to be aware of:
DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC 12/06/20; DTD OPENED 7/09/20; BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/202...Rwb9rgTghDt6dQKo7z9JlEhTIt_TLNfzkzkrj71eCDhEs
Reminder for out of state / overseas visitors planning a trip to California in February 2021

24 November 2020 Update https://www.flylax.com/travelsafely
“Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival.” Travelers over the age of 16 must submit this form online prior to or upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, Van Nuys Airport, or Union Station. The form can be found at travel.lacity.org. Failure to submit the form is punishable by a fine of up to $500.

Bad Pink Tink Desert Inn and Suites Check In 30 January Check Out 5 February
taaren TBC Check In 5 February Check Out 7 February

Last edited:
You rock, girl!

Dates to be aware of:
DCA's 18th Anniversary 2/08
Lunar New Year 2/12
Valentine's Day 2/14
President's Day 2/15
Ski Week (CA schools) 2/15 - 2/19??
Mardi Gras 2/16
DCA Food & Wine Festival ???

If anyone has holidays and school breaks to add to this list, please let the OP know!

If it is open, we'll be there from Feb 5-7. I loved the Lunar New Year characters and entertainment scattered around DCA two years ago! I really hope they bring back those food booths.

Important, but not happy news: "Disneyland expected to remain closed until March 2021."

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/202...Rwb9rgTghDt6dQKo7z9JlEhTIt_TLNfzkzkrj71eCDhEs

thanks, I'm keeping a close watch on the travel restrictions here in Europe. I have decided that if international travel is possible by the time my flights are scheduled I will still travel to California, even if Disneyland remains closed. I will just cancel my Anaheim hotel and stay longer at my LA hotel. My Disneyland tickets are valid until January 2022, so if Disneyland remains closed until March, I will still have valid tickets for my June 2021 trip.

thanks, I'm keeping a close watch on the travel restrictions here in Europe. I have decided that if international travel is possible by the time my flights are scheduled I will still travel to California, even if Disneyland remains closed. I will just cancel my Anaheim hotel and stay longer at my LA hotel. My Disneyland tickets are valid until January 2022, so if Disneyland remains closed until March, I will still have valid tickets for my June 2021 trip.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Important, but not happy news: "Disneyland expected to remain closed until March 2021."

Ah, well. I'm planning on going down in mid-Feb to visit my cousin for a couple of weeks (Covid restrictions allowing) and was sorta, kinda, wishful thinking that maybe, just maybe.......but I guess not.

Can't put my visit off til March because March is when my 'to do dates' for WDW start happening (en route RV parks, ADRs, filling taxes, etc) and I want to be home for that. What with the (hopeful) RV travel we have planned for 2021 and not wanting to wear out my welcome at my cousin's, I expect I won't be going to DL until Fall. Sigh.

I'm hoping by March they announce whether they will be opening in April or not. We currently have a DVC weekend in February, which we're going to as a "Welcome Home" trip, 3 nights in April for Spring Break that we'll go to if there's a food festival or the parks are open, but I'll have to decide by early March, and Memorial Day weekend that we'll go to if the parks are open, but might pass if the parks still are closed (I can't recall any food festivals so close to summer in years past). If I book July and September then my DVC dashboard will look just like it did this time last year. :rolleyes:

Ok folks, something for out of state and oversees people travelling to California. Today November 24 there is a new mandatory 14 day quarantine.

This is whats on LAX website https://www.flylax.com/travelsafely

ATTENTION ALL PASSENGERS ARRIVING INTO LOS ANGELES
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, Los Angeles is requiring all travelers entering the city from another state or country to fill out an online form, acknowledging that they have read and understood California’s travel advisory, which states that “Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival.” Travelers over the age of 16 must submit this form online prior to or upon arrival at Los Angeles International Airport, Van Nuys Airport, or Union Station. The form can be found at travel.lacity.org. Failure to submit the form is punishable by a fine of up to $500.

Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. These persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household. This recommendation does not apply to individuals who cross state or country borders for essential travel which includes work and study, critical infrastructure support, economic services and supply chains, health, immediate medical care, and safety and security.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disneyland-provides-update-on-theme-park-ticket-expiration/
Due to the continued closure of the Disneyland theme parks, an update has been issued for guests who have park tickets that are about to expire.

Unused non-promotional single-day Disneyland theme park tickets that expire on December 30, 2020 or March 31, 2021 will have the expiration date extended to December 16, 2021. Wholly unused, non-promotional multi-day tickets that expire on January 12, 2021 or April 13, 2021 will have the expiration date extended to December 16, 2021, and the ticket will expire 13 days after first use or on December 16, 2021, whichever occurs first.

Guests with multi-day tickets who used their first visit between February 28, 2020 and March 13, 2020 but did not reach their ticket’s maximum number of uses, will have the 13-day expiration period of their ticket extended to December 16, 2021.

Expiration dates on eligible ticket(s) will be updated prior to the theme parks’ reopening.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disneyland-provides-update-on-theme-park-ticket-expiration/
Due to the continued closure of the Disneyland theme parks, an update has been issued for guests who have park tickets that are about to expire.

Unused non-promotional single-day Disneyland theme park tickets that expire on December 30, 2020 or March 31, 2021 will have the expiration date extended to December 16, 2021. Wholly unused, non-promotional multi-day tickets that expire on January 12, 2021 or April 13, 2021 will have the expiration date extended to December 16, 2021, and the ticket will expire 13 days after first use or on December 16, 2021, whichever occurs first.

Guests with multi-day tickets who used their first visit between February 28, 2020 and March 13, 2020 but did not reach their ticket’s maximum number of uses, will have the 13-day expiration period of their ticket extended to December 16, 2021.

Expiration dates on eligible ticket(s) will be updated prior to the theme parks’ reopening.
Excellent news! Thanks for sharing!

well thats me out again... sigh...

My airline cancelled my flights and I got a cancellation email from Desert Inn and Suites :(

I am going to rebook for March but at this stage I really don't know. I'm not expecting Disneyland to be open in March so I will just spend about a week in LA. I think in my head I really have to come to terms that most likely my flights will eventually be moved to June, but that too far away at the moment. I know people think I'm crazy, rebooking every few months, but its my way of coping with this utterly horrible world we find ourselves in.

I will continue to update and hopefully some people may get an LA / Downtown Disney trip in February.

well thats me out again... sigh...

My airline cancelled my flights and I got a cancellation email from Desert Inn and Suites :(

I am going to rebook for March but at this stage I really don't know. I'm not expecting Disneyland to be open in March so I will just spend about a week in LA. I think in my head I really have to come to terms that most likely my flights will eventually be moved to June, but that too far away at the moment. I know people think I'm crazy, rebooking every few months, but its my way of coping with this utterly horrible world we find ourselves in.

I will continue to update and hopefully some people may get an LA / Downtown Disney trip in February.
Big hug! If you do rebook for March, try for as late in March as you can go -- or maybe even go for April. Later means better odds for you and warmer weather. Somehow, some way... you will get here -- I know you will. Hang in there! Hope you and your mom had a nice Christmas (your menu looked great!) and that you both have a safe, healthy, Happy New Year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!