****Official DLR November 2020 Check in****

I made a reservation at the Disneyland Hotel yesterday for Dapper Days. I didnt even stop to think that I have a park ticket but my husband doesnt. They said they may or may not be selling park tickets through the website. Dang!!
Be prepared with a backup plan in case park tickets are not being sold. Disney hasn't said anything yet about new ticket sales. Being an on site guest might help with that -- you could try contacting Disney and DD to ask about it once a reopening date is announced.

Be prepared with a backup plan in case park tickets are not being sold. Disney hasn't said anything yet about new ticket sales. Being an on site guest might help with that -- you could try contacting Disney and DD to ask about it once a reopening date is announced.
I will probably just cancel my hotel reservation if I can't get a ticket for my husband. I will call them if I cant buy tickets through the convention site.

My db and I have had some major life stressors and tragedies over the last few months. We decided we needed some magic so we booked today for DD in November and got our plane tickets and a reservation at the GCH. I spoke to a helpful CM this morning about getting my Flexpass extended (it expires at the end of October but disappeared from my App as the date was wrong). So, fingers crossed. My db says it feels like having a fp in the pocket.

Last edited:

well hello everyone, didn't think I'd be joining this thread... oh well here I go again. This will be my third attempt at getting to California and Disneyland in 2020.

I have now booked Best Western Plus Check In Saturday 14 November Check Out Thursday 19 November

My original trip was scheduled for June, which has been my usual dates for the last 10 years. I then rescheduled June to October and now I have rescheduled October to November. Lets see what happens with this ... sigh...

So now I have decided to try for Dapper Day Sunday 15 November. Who knows if the parks will even be open then, but I have loved seeing the photos from Dapper Day in previous years so I thought why not try to get there this year. With all the rescheduling it will be fun to be in the parks with everyone dressed up.

well hello everyone, didn't think I'd be joining this thread... oh well here I go again. This will be my third attempt at getting to California and Disneyland in 2020.

I have now booked Best Western Plus Check In Saturday 14 November Check Out Thursday 19 November

My original trip was scheduled for June, which has been my usual dates for the last 10 years. I then rescheduled June to October and now I have rescheduled October to November. Lets see what happens with this ... sigh...

So now I have decided to try for Dapper Day Sunday 15 November. Who knows if the parks will even be open then, but I have loved seeing the photos from Dapper Day in previous years so I thought why not try to get there this year. With all the rescheduling it will be fun to be in the parks with everyone dressed up.
You'll love it! Let's hope that this works out... and who knows? Maybe we'll see you there?! :)

Someone in the Speculation Superthread mentioned a new on site discount offer that runs from 10/15/20 through 12/31/20. No details yet from that poster on what the new offer includes. Might be worth a call for those who had to cancel and lost the previous discount offer.
ETA: Posters have said to ask for the "broad discount" which applies to the PPH and GCH.

From the Official Reopening Superthread:
Details on the new discount offer:
MajorasMask said:
I just spoke with WDTC. I was told the new discount is 35% off weekdays and 25% off weekends. They only included GCH and PP in the verbal explanation. The rate can be applied to room only reservations right now. The discount will not be available until Monday, for those of us who have packages. I was told to call back. I confirmed the $50 resort credit is still valid.

Is anyone starting to lose hope for November?

nope, Ive just rescheduled from October to November. Right now the parks staying closed in November is not a deal breaker for me. I would be very happy right now to just to be able to travel to California and go to Downtown Disney.

Not yet; the situation is so fluid and keeps changing. I have an Oct 30 reservation in addition to our 11/21-24 reservation. I'm kind of losing hope for October. This will be the first year in a long time my son and I haven't taken a Mickey Pumpkin on Main Street picture. We started taking them when he was a baby, I have about 10 of these pictures and he's 13.

Not yet; the situation is so fluid and keeps changing. I have an Oct 30 reservation in addition to our 11/21-24 reservation. I'm kind of losing hope for October. This will be the first year in a long time my son and I haven't taken a Mickey Pumpkin on Main Street picture. We started taking them when he was a baby, I have about 10 of these pictures and he's 13.

I am trying so hard to use the last of my DVC points that expire 11/30 that were previously banked and cannot be banked again. I seriously am not going to WDW right now. I have reservations on 10/22-10/23 and 11/18-11/20. If the October date gets cancelled, I am even more out of luck than I have been as I am not sure where to put another day on the calendar. I am lucky my boss is being flexible about me taking a day or two here and there and then letting me change them up. The 10/22 date was supposed to be 10/8, but DVC cancelled (4th cancellation so far for VGC) it for me last week so I found another day to try. Oh and for my Feb UY points expiring, I have a random date in January to use up the last of those previously banked points.

Is anyone starting to lose ho

Yep. I am definitely losing hope. We are supposed to go the first week of November... Time is running out!
I am trying to decide if I should reschedule to later in Nov, or Dec/Jan, or just go to WDW. Although I'm worried about the crowds picking up there.

I am trying so hard to use the last of my DVC points that expire 11/30 that were previously banked and cannot be banked again. I seriously am not going to WDW right now. I have reservations on 10/22-10/23 and 11/18-11/20. If the October date gets cancelled, I am even more out of luck than I have been as I am not sure where to put another day on the calendar. I am lucky my boss is being flexible about me taking a day or two here and there and then letting me change them up. The 10/22 date was supposed to be 10/8, but DVC cancelled (4th cancellation so far for VGC) it for me last week so I found another day to try. Oh and for my Feb UY points expiring, I have a random date in January to use up the last of those previously banked points.
Trying to get replacement VGC reservations has been a nightmare for a lot of us. I had a Spring Break trip in April, and a Memorial Day weekend trip in May, those points got moved to my November reservation which 1 night in a 1 bedroom was available when those cancellations happened, and another I managed to pick up on a wait list. When my July weekend got cancelled I moved those points to a weekend in February + next April in a studio, and since my Labor Day 1 bedroom got cancelled, I waitlisted to upgrade to a 1 bedroom in February and have been trying to score any weekend I could go in October, so far only have a studio on the 30th. Our passes were supposed to expire a few weeks ago, since it looks like the parks won't open til mid-October at the earliest, at least we'll have APs that still work?

Thankfully my UY is June, and so once they allowed late banking of the trips prior to my UY I won't lose any (I've been trying really hard to stick to points in my current UY the last few years). Between availability (both at VGC, and of the schedule of 2 essential workers and two different school districts) and trying to figure out whether our APs will be good or not, I started pulling my hair out when I first started rescheduling, and now its almost become a game to see if I can get any dates that work for us.

Trying to get replacement VGC reservations has been a nightmare for a lot of us. I had a Spring Break trip in April, and a Memorial Day weekend trip in May, those points got moved to my November reservation which 1 night in a 1 bedroom was available when those cancellations happened, and another I managed to pick up on a wait list. When my July weekend got cancelled I moved those points to a weekend in February + next April in a studio, and since my Labor Day 1 bedroom got cancelled, I waitlisted to upgrade to a 1 bedroom in February and have been trying to score any weekend I could go in October, so far only have a studio on the 30th. Our passes were supposed to expire a few weeks ago, since it looks like the parks won't open til mid-October at the earliest, at least we'll have APs that still work?

Thankfully my UY is June, and so once they allowed late banking of the trips prior to my UY I won't lose any (I've been trying really hard to stick to points in my current UY the last few years). Between availability (both at VGC, and of the schedule of 2 essential workers and two different school districts) and trying to figure out whether our APs will be good or not, I started pulling my hair out when I first started rescheduling, and now its almost become a game to see if I can get any dates that work for us.

waitlist and stalking have helped me pick up nights here and there. I had a 1 night in may cancelled, then 3 nights in July for the anniversary, a night last week, then 10/8. my back up reservations are 10/22 (December use year) and 1/14 (February use year) to use up banked points. And then my November reservation I made at 11 months and did reallocate previously banked points for vgc to it when I was cancelled in July. I have the potential of still losing points. with what I have booked now, I have 6 points that will most likely expire. But better than the number I would have otherwise. i am still hoping the vgc owners that may lose points due to cancelled reservations during the closure get some extension on points. i banked over 300 points this year so yay for next year.

Yes and no.. I’m keeping my reservations for the weekend of Dapper Days but I’m trying not to get my hopes up. If the parks are t open we’ll try for Spring Dapper Days in April. I’m also waiting to make a final decision based on what opening will look like if they’re open by then. I’m 100% sure there will be no Maxpass and I can live with that but I’m on the fence if there is no park hopping since we’re only going for two days...

For everyone still participating in this thread:
Please keep up with the DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA) (DTD OPENED 7/09/20): Post Official News and Updates Here! KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR DLR UPDATES! for all the latest official information on what is going on right now with theme parks in CA. This has been a tense week regarding the possible release of reopening guidelines (which weren't released after all). If you still have an upcoming trip this year, keep current with that superthread!

For everyone still participating in this thread:
Please keep up with the DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA) (DTD OPENED 7/09/20): Post Official News and Updates Here! KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR DLR UPDATES! for all the latest official information on what is going on right now with theme parks in CA. This has been a tense week regarding the possible release of reopening guidelines (which weren't released after all). If you still have an upcoming trip this year, keep current with that superthread!
Thank You!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter