Official February 2018 Rental Car Thread

A lot of activity today on Alamo. I’m at $382 for a 16 day reservation for a mid size suv. Feb 5-21

Can I ask what codes/discounts you are using? My Costco reservation for 2/13-2/28 is still higher now than the $466 I got in October.

Last edited:
The coupon I used is AD3868jst for $25 off

Contract code is 7016220. It’s a Florida vacation code

If you qualify for Costco 7014627 it was even lower, but I don’t have it.

My rate is actually lower than when I posted. I’m at $109 base rate. For a 16 day rental for now full size it’s $365

Just found a $30 coupon. AD2365FDN

Last edited:

My rate is actually lower than when I posted. I’m at $109 base rate. For a 16 day rental for now full size it’s $365

Do I need to belong to anything to get the codes?

Personally I wouldn’t use Costco since I don’t have a card. For the others, I would use. The Florida vacation code generally gets a good price....I also tried the WDW passholder rate, which was high, and the dvc member code gets the same price as the Florida vacation rate. Most coupons are e coupons now.

Hi, I always use Dollar (Express). The rates dropped considerably in the past week. I reserved a mid-size from 2/28-3/4 for $159 (not great, but in the range of what I usually pay).

I just put in your dates (2/26, noon - 3/5, noon) for a standard car. Total price = $244.65.

Thank you. Unfortunately I need at least a full size SUV - we will be 7 adults so that makes it hard.

Thanks. Those came up with a $586 rate for my dates, even on compact car. late February seems to be more expensive than early Feb I guess!

Thanks. Those came up with a $586 rate for my dates, even on compact car. late February seems to be more expensive than early Feb I guess!

Sorry to hear that. We leave on Monday and my rate just started dropping this week, so hopefully you’ll get a better rate in a few weeks.

The week of President's Day is a big vacation week for schools in the northeast. The 18th is the Daytona 500. The weekend of the 24th/25th is the Princess weekend. I think these events are impacting the rates in mid/late February.

The week of President's Day is a big vacation week for schools in the northeast. The 18th is the Daytona 500. The weekend of the 24th/25th is the Princess weekend. I think these events are impacting the rates in mid/late February.

Always to a degree, since rates have jumped in general even worse this year.

I need a res starting on 2/13, probably will start looking @ priceline/hotwire this week. Got Thrifty in Jan, was nervous but wound up snagging a new Malibu off the aisle.

Does anyone know if Budget's aisle in Orlando is like Alamo, where all of the cars are lined up and you can pick what you want; or are they assigned to you?

Does anyone know if Budget's aisle in Orlando is like Alamo, where all of the cars are lined up and you can pick what you want; or are they assigned to you?

I've used Budget and have FastBreak. If I am remembering correctly the car was assigned but I was able to get a different car when I asked.

Booked through Costco.com site , 10 days 2/24- 3/6 was booked with Large Car for $325 January 6th...........went down this afternoon at 1pm to
$ 270..............just checked again now at 5pm.........went down again and rebooked at $265

I've been checking every day but still no lower. I'll just have to be happy that I have 2 weeks in Florida sunshine! (and half of them are staying for free with family)

I've used Budget and have FastBreak. If I am remembering correctly the car was assigned but I was able to get a different car when I asked.
Thank you, that really helps! I think I will stick to Alamo where I can pick the car.

Booked through Costco.com site , 10 days 2/24- 3/6 was booked with Large Car for $325 January 6th...........went down this afternoon at 1pm to
$ 270..............just checked again now at 5pm.........went down again and rebooked at $265

Just dropped again to $247.

I rebooked with Alamo on Friday and was able to get a premium crossover Infinity for $341!! My minivan wouldn't budge from $499. I'm a happy camper. We pick it up Sunday.

I rebooked with Alamo on Friday and was able to get a premium crossover Infinity for $341!! My minivan wouldn't budge from $499. I'm a happy camper. We pick it up Sunday.
Congrats!! Would you mind reporting back what options were available in that class and the premium car class?

Just dropped again to $247.

Just dropped again to $ 245

Intermediate SUV is at
$267..but so far I'm sticking with Full size for $ 245

Finally booked on National using the $20 off weekly rental. Still way too much.

Rental Rate
1 Week(s) @162.50 $ 162.50
Cdw-allocated Inclusive INCLUDED

$ 200.20

This is for 2/21 - 2/26

Got a better rate today using AutoSlash - booked directly through Hertz.

Hertz - Full Size
Rate Details
1 week at 153.39 USD 153.39 USD
Included
Unlimited Miles Included
Fees and Surcharges
Airport Concession Fee 12.20 USD
Customer Facility Charge 17.50 USD
STATE/CUSTOMER FACILITY CHARGE 10.10 USD
Vehicle Licensing Fee Recovery 3.05 USD
Energy Surcharge 1.49 USD
Taxes
Total Sales Tax 13.12 USD
Amount to be paid at time of rent 174.86 USD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter