Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

We are typically Disneyland people, but are so excited to get to go WDW for a weekend next month! The transportation confuses the heck out of me though. :confused: I know how to get to and from the parks, but could one of you kind souls please let me know how to do the following on Disney transportation?

Pop to Fantasia Gardens mini golf (and back) on a Friday night (Is this even worth it?)
Pop to Fort Wilderness (and back, for horseback riding!) on a Monday mid-morning

I know that rideshares would be quicker and that's always on option, but just wanted to see how to make these little trips that are not park related. Thank you so much!
From Pop to Fantasia Gardens I would say that get the Skyliner to either Epcot or Hollywood Studios and walk from there.
For Pop to FW I would take a bus to MK and the boat from there.
I hope that this help.

I have a breakfast at Kona Cafe on my MK day planned (November trip). Right now with no monorail, my only option on how to get to MK from Poly is bus, correct?

Are they still having busses running early for breakfast reservations? I have some early dining and we are staying at Riviera.

Also, we have some dining reservations after parks close, I can't find anything on bus schedules.

We both drive for a living and do not want to rent a car. We love to have someone else drive so we use Disney transportation,

Are buses running from POP to Epcot & HS or is the skyliner the only/best option?
Buses do run every hour but the Skyliner is by far your best option in terms of free Disney transport. If you are hoping to get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group I would recommend taking a ride share so you can get there early enough. The queues for Skyliner can get long and you will have to change at CB to get to both parks.

Are buses running from POP to Epcot & HS or is the skyliner the only/best option?
Buses do run every hour but the Skyliner is by far your best option in terms of free Disney transport. If you are hoping to get a Rise of the Resistance boarding group I would recommend taking a ride share so you can get there early enough. The queues for Skyliner can get long and you will have to change at CB to get to both parks.
The hourly buses have not been reinstated since the parks reopened in July. The only transportation from Pop to Epcot and DHS is currently the Skyliner. Buses only run when the Skyliner is closed due to inclement weather.

I have a dinner reservation at Ale and Compass, I was wondering what is the best way to get back to CBR afterwards?

I have a breakfast reservation at Trattoria al Forno, I was wondering what is the best way to get there from CBR? And then how would I get to Epcot?

TIA!

I have a dinner reservation at Ale and Compass, I was wondering what is the best way to get back to CBR afterwards?

I have a breakfast reservation at Trattoria al Forno, I was wondering what is the best way to get there from CBR? And then how would I get to Epcot?

TIA!
What time are your reservations?

What time are your reservations?

I had a difficult time this morning getting the reservations I wanted. These were alternatives and now I'm not sure how to get to them especially since my mom will have an ECV.

8:05pm for ale and compass
9:15am for trattoria al forno

TIA!
It may depend on what time the parks close, but you could walk to Hollywood Studios and take the bus back after dinner. For breakfast, you could take the bus to Hollywood Studios and walk to the Boardwalk. It's an easy walk to Epcot after breakfast.

I had a difficult time this morning getting the reservations I wanted. These were alternatives and now I'm not sure how to get to them especially since my mom will have an ECV.

8:05pm for ale and compass
9:15am for trattoria al forno

It may depend on what time the parks close, but you could walk to Hollywood Studios and take the bus back after dinner. For breakfast, you could take the bus to Hollywood Studios and walk to the Boardwalk. It's an easy walk to Epcot after breakfast.
Studios hours are posted to close at 7 thru Christmas. There's a better chance of Epcot being open, depending on date of travel.

OP, if Epcot is still open when you finish dinner, or has recently closed, just walk to the Epcot Skyliner station, and take the Skyliner direct to CBR. Check the signs posted at any Skyliner station for the Epcot line closing time, which does vary dependent on park closing time. Skyliner cabins can carry 1 ECV + (IIRC) 4 additional passengers. In some areas of CBR, it may be a shorter walk to the room from the Skyliner Riviera station than from the CBR station. If you want to get off at Riviera with an ECV, you should tell that to the cm who boards you at Epcot.

If Skyliner has closed for the night, the only Disney Transport option is a bus to DS, and then another from there to the resort -- but that can take an hour or more. A faster option might be a Mears accessible taxi; I believe cm's at the resort lobby entrances can request one for you. I don't know how long wait times run for accessible taxis.

In the morning, as things stand now, there really isn't any form of Disney Transport that can reliably get you to YC by that time. I think a Mears accessible taxi is your only option with an ECV. If Epcot ever goes back to 9 a.m. openings, you'd then be able to take the Skyliner.

As stated, YC is an easy walk to the Epcot IG entrance.

I got a recommendation on another thread that a way to get from AKV to RIV would be to park at DHS and take the skyliner from there.

But are they checking at the toll plaza whether you have a reservation for that park? Will they allow cars in to the DHS parking lot if you don't have a park reservation?

ETA: Got an answer on the other thread. Not checking for park reservations at the toll plaza.

Last edited:
I got a recommendation on another thread that a way to get from AKV to RIV would be to park at DHS and take the skyliner from there.

But are they checking at the toll plaza whether you have a reservation for that park? Will they allow cars in to the DHS parking lot if you don't have a park reservation?

ETA: Got an answer on the other thread. Not checking for park reservations at the toll plaza.
Be sure to check that the Skyliner operating hours that day will accommodate both ends of your trip.

Are buses the best way to get to MK from Pop right now? I do have a car and can drive if needed but not sure about how TTS works right now.

I‘m concerned that the buses only begin 45 mins prior to opening when parks are opening an hour early.

Staying at Poly and I have 0810 reservation at Chef Mickey. With the monorail out, what is the next best plan being that early?

Staying at Poly and I have 0810 reservation at Chef Mickey. With the monorail out, what is the next best plan being that early?

Well, Uber/Lyft is always an option, but, IF the resort monorail IS running that early, you could always pick it up by walking to either the GF or the TTC. Also, if the resort monorail is not running that early, I would ask the resort if buses are available at that time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter