***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

An amazing flight deal popped up so suddenly we are going to WDW Jan 14-24! Will be staying at Pop for part of it. Surprising the kids on Christmas morning. Last year we surprised them that we were going to DL 2 days later.

We're surprising the kids on Christmas morning too, we go at the end of January :D I'd love to pick your brain about surprise ideas haha we've done it before and the kids have repeatedly told us they WANT to be surprised that we're going :-)lovestruc) but it gets tricky to figure out new ways to do it!:rotfl:

Only 12 more days until I can make my FP reservations!!!! I'm so exited. I have no idea how I have been able to keep this trip a secret so far. Well, my sister does know because she needs to request time off from work but the 13yo DS still has no idea we are going.

We're surprising the kids on Christmas morning too, we go at the end of January :D I'd love to pick your brain about surprise ideas haha we've done it before and the kids have repeatedly told us they WANT to be surprised that we're going :-)lovestruc) but it gets tricky to figure out new ways to do it!:rotfl:

We are surprising the kids too (18, 16, and 7). I will wrap up vacation related presents for them.... matching jammie pants that I will sew, matching t shirts for the trip that I will make and a few things I will buy.

Last year I had a big box which I filled with two red and black helium balloons. I printed out "Pack Your Bags We Are Going To Disneyland", cut the words out and stapled them to the ribbon. I then added t-shirts, their autograph books, a disney gift card to the box and wrapped it all up. On Christmas morning, they unwrapped the box, out popped the balloons. They read the words and went We got balloons? I said, what did you just read? They read it again. Then the penny dropped. It was awesome. I am doing the same thing this year as I think it will be funny to see how they react. (they are 10 year old twins for reference)

Shhhh . . . Don't tell anyone but I won a trip to Disney World! That's the good news. The bad news is that I still don't have my flight info and I'm afraid I'm not getting it until after FP windows open up. I did request the earliest available flights (Houston to MCO) so I'm hoping we should be IN the MK around 3:00 pm. (We're staying at the Grand Floridian.) Travelers - two middle aged sisters and one 13 yo boy, going on 21. Here's my plan so far:

Well big congrats party:on your win, well done you. Fingers crossed you get the flights you want.

I have added your trip to the roll call and I hope you have a fantastic trip :thumbsup2

Hey January peeps! RoL January times were posted this morning on the official WDW calendar.

Also thanks for this info... I've been checking every day for about two months now and the only couple of days I'm not online as it was DS 4th Birthday they go up.

Although very happy as I have the final piece to my Holiday planning puzzle yay :earboy2:

If anyone's interested in the Star Wars: Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, tickets for January appear to be open this morning. :teeth:

I was just about to put that, so happy everything is in place for my planning I can now relax and wait for my FP Window to open.

Although I have a quick question about the dessert party, just wanted to gauge the volume in the launching Pad area where they hold the party - does it have loud music or light effect or is it just the normal space with table and yummy desserts?

I was just about to put that, so happy everything is in place for my planning I can now relax and wait for my FP Window to open.

Although I have a quick question about the dessert party, just wanted to gauge the volume in the launching Pad area where they hold the party - does it have loud music or light effect or is it just the normal space with table and yummy desserts?

We attended this dessert party in Jan of last year. At that time, it was just the normal space with tables of yummy desserts, a few savory items, and a bar. There were tall tables set up around the area to stand at (not sit - no chairs) and indulge in your treats. By that time of night, it would be really nice to be able to sit and enjoy the treats, but we still liked the party well enough to book it again for our upcoming trip.

We are surprising the kids too (18, 16, and 7). I will wrap up vacation related presents for them.... matching jammie pants that I will sew, matching t shirts for the trip that I will make and a few things I will buy.

This is similar to our plan. I'm going for a moms only trip with a friend (in 3 days!! :cool1::dancer:) and our first stop is the character warehouse to get Christmas presents :)
Thanks for the input!!!

For those that are surprising the kids how are you doing your FP reservations without them finding out? I about had a mini heart attack this morning when I realized that the FP window opens at 6:00 am central time, which is when DS13 gets up for school. Then I looked at the calendar again and realized that he has late arrival that day at school so I will be able to get it all done before he wakes up. (For the record, I don't have a laptop so I have to do it all on the desktop . . . in the kitchen!)

For those that are surprising the kids how are you doing your FP reservations without them finding out? I about had a mini heart attack this morning when I realized that the FP window opens at 6:00 am central time, which is when DS13 gets up for school. Then I looked at the calendar again and realized that he has late arrival that day at school so I will be able to get it all done before he wakes up. (For the record, I don't have a laptop so I have to do it all on the desktop . . . in the kitchen!)
My kids are 4 and 8 and pay no attention to what's going on around them. Unfortunately, my FP day is a Tuesday, so the kids will be up with me, asking for breakfast and 100 other things while I'm trying to book. I'll just have to have DH get up and fix them breakfast while I do the FPs...

My kids are 4 and 8 and pay no attention to what's going on around them. Unfortunately, my FP day is a Tuesday, so the kids will be up with me, asking for breakfast and 100 other things while I'm trying to book. I'll just have to have DH get up and fix them breakfast while I do the FPs...
Age definitely makes a difference. Not only are 13yo not that clueless but our house has a no electronics before school/work so he'll be all over me for breaking our family rule if he catches me on the computer that early in the am!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!