***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

I have had mine for weeks. Maybe a month even. Depends on when you set it up.

Interesting. I booked mine right at 11 months in advance. Hopefully they haven't sent mine yet, I need to call and request extra tags since we will each be bringing two suitcases.

Interesting. I booked mine right at 11 months in advance. Hopefully they haven't sent mine yet, I need to call and request extra tags since we will each be bringing two suitcases.

I would call and make sure. Did you set it up when you booked or after?

Well, I just found this thread, but we have a trip booked from January 3rd-9th. We are going to check out Universal for the first time and will be there from the 3rd to the 5th, and then we'll head over to Disney from the 5th to the 9th. It will be just me and my 11 year old son-my hubby isn't a fan. I've been tweaking plans and trying to figure out which parks to hit when. I'm just making a few dining ressies, so those are set. We booked EMM for our last day and I'm super excited about that. We're staying at All Star Music. We wanted to stay at the Pop but it had no availability when we are there. I know we will be there the weekend of the marathon. I'm just hoping it won't be too crazy. We've gone in January twice before, but never marathon weekend. Anyone have any experience with that?

Firstly :welcome: to the thread and yay on your trip.:goodvibes

I have added your trip to the roll call and so glad youve got your EMM and your dinning sorted.

Good luck with the rest of your planning and I hope you have a fantastic trip.:thumbsup2

I told my daughters teacher at parent/teacher conferences this week that were taking her out of school (she is in 2nd grade). It's been an area of stress for me because I never thought I would take my kids out of school for vacation. She was AMAZING about it. She said, at this age, time with family will have much more of an impact than anything I will teach in that time. I was so relieved.

I mentioned this to our school's Superintendent and he said, "By all means to do so and have a great time!" Our school systems and students are facing far greater problems then children missing school for a family vacation.

My mom and I will be at POP 1/24-1/30. Excited to the see the festival of the arts at Epcot and ride FOP again. Hoping to catch Rivers of Light as well.

Yay on your trip, I hope you and your mum have a fantastic time, I have added your trip to the roll call :thumbsup2

I am also excited about the Festival of the Arts, as the reviews from this year (I keep wanting to say last year lol) were pretty positive and the festival food items all looked yums :mickeybar

I have searched but can't find the description of what EMM stands for. Whatever it is, I certainly don't have it booked. :oops:

I told my daughters teacher at parent/teacher conferences this week that were taking her out of school (she is in 2nd grade). It's been an area of stress for me because I never thought I would take my kids out of school for vacation. She was AMAZING about it. She said, at this age, time with family will have much more of an impact than anything I will teach in that time. I was so relieved.

This is certainly a fear of ours as well. But our DD is only 6 and in kindergarten so I don't see it to be a problem. But it still stresses us out to tell the school.

Hello :yo-yo: Just found this thread. My daughter and I will be travelling from OZ and spending 10 days, our first trip since she was 3 and she is now 20! We are pretty excited and overwhelmed by everything!! We are doing a split stay, staying at POP and POFQ arriving on the 26th January. Looking forward to reading through some of these pages!!

Hello :yo-yo: Just found this thread. My daughter and I will be travelling from OZ and spending 10 days, our first trip since she was 3 and she is now 20! We are pretty excited and overwhelmed by everything!! We are doing a split stay, staying at POP and POFQ arriving on the 26th January. Looking forward to reading through some of these pages!!

Firstly :welcome: to the thread and I hope you have fantastic trip.

Wow I thought I was coming from a long way off but all the way from OZ, that's brilliant.

Well I hope you and your DD have a amazing trip, and I have added it to the roll call.

Good luck with all your planning :thumbsup2

My January booklet came with all my WDW info for my daughter's surprise trip and I absentmindedly set it down to go to the supermarket. I came back looked at it and said I need to move that, 2 seconds later and my daughter was like mom can I take a look at this (I think she thought it was for our August trip) and I was like NO! She's like lol your lucky I asked. Ugh I may have to tell her next month not sure I can keep it till Xmas.

Last edited:
My January booklet came with all my WDW info for my daughter's surprise trip and I absentmindedly set it down to go to the supermarket. I came back looked at it and said I need to move that, 2 seconds later and my daughter was like mom can I take a look at this (I think she thought it was for our August trip) and I was like NO! She's like lol your luck I asked. Ugh I may have to tell her next month not sure I keep it till Xmas.
I am so bad at keeping secrets, I have almost slipped numerous times already :\

Has anyone here done a Memory maker share in the past?

I have done this. My sister-in-law and I linked our MDE accounts so all of our photos ended up on both accounts. She was the one that bought the memory maker so when we got home she had to give me her login to download them all. I just gave her money for half the cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!