***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

I see that everyone has chimed in with my same response, but I'm excited to see so many people with the same-ish dates as me! :) I'm not sure how we're going to make it through the rest of Christmas present opening....because I'll be wanting my kids to immediately:
--customize magic bands
--select BOG lunch options
--finish out the FP+ situation (since DH & I are letting them choose at least some haha)

1/27-2/3 at AoA! <3

If you. save the trip for the last present, you can start the to do list right after. :)

Hello! Guess I better make it official and be added to the roll call. We will be at WL 1/23-1/27 and BC 1/27-1/30. We just got back from WDW from a nearly two week celebration of our 25th Wedding Anniversary and it was such a bust due to getting the flu, a trip to er, and various other issues that we have a do over! I wish the Christmas stuff we had to miss would still be going on but don't think that's going to happen! Oh well, just have to go back next Christmas!

Hello! Guess I better make it official and be added to the roll call. We will be at WL 1/23-1/27 and BC 1/27-1/30. We just got back from WDW from a nearly two week celebration of our 25th Wedding Anniversary and it was such a bust due to getting the flu, a trip to er, and various other issues that we have a do over! I wish the Christmas stuff we had to miss would still be going on but don't think that's going to happen! Oh well, just have to go back next Christmas!

Oh no, I'm sorry your Anniversary trip had a few issues, but yay you've got your fun January trip to look forward too..

I have added you to the roll call and a January trip is great as you have all the fun of the Christmas then when that's all over you still have something to look forward too.

I will keep everything crossed that this trip is issue free and you have the best time ever :thumbsup2

Y’all can ignore me lol. I just want to type this out!

Birth certificates for traveling for both girls are ready.

I got them each and outfit for every day of the trip, underwear, pajamas, undershirts, their jackets, socks, hair ties, brushes, shampoo and conditioner, tooth brushes (Disney princess ones) and tooth paste, and my little ones belle dress, and their lanyards and pins. I also got them stuff to color/read on the way in the plane. Oh their ponchos!

Am i missing anything for them?

I just need to figure my stuff out now.

26 days!!

I got them each and outfit for every day of the trip, underwear, pajamas, undershirts, their jackets, socks, hair ties, brushes, shampoo and conditioner, tooth brushes (Disney princess ones) and tooth paste, and my little ones belle dress, and their lanyards and pins. I also got them stuff to color/read on the way in the plane. Oh their ponchos!

Very organised, I love it.

I got my ESTA visa the other day so paper work wise we're all set, as for packing think I'll need to wait until after Christmas before I even start thinking about it...

Hi, everyone! I have a trip coming up during the second week of January. I was invited down to do some content consulting before I (hopefully) start graduate school in the spring. Since I will be living & studying abroad, my Disney-loving cousin and I decided to gift ourselves with one last Disney trip together afterwards. :wizard:

I found the boards while looking for more info about this year's Festival of the Arts. We want to do the dining package, but it's so weird that a 12 PM seating gets you into the 8 PM show & a 1 PM seating gets you into the 5:30 PM show. Is this a glitch, or has anyone else noticed the same thing?
I found the answer, and that is indeed the way it is. :confused3 Strange but true.

26 days!!
Maybe some snacks for the plane? Oh, and swimsuits, if they'd like to swim. :)

27D83431-2B03-40BB-80AB-74EBCB6FBE83.jpeg D80583D0-F541-4579-945B-AEC809CF01FB.jpeg
Has anyone done the "My First Haircut" package at the Harmony Barber Shop? I just scheduled it for my son (although I dread cutting off his adorable curls!).
YES! It was so great! We also have a curly head girl, we just did a little trim cut to experience it. It was very magical! Here are some pics! You can see from the collage pic that they gave her a whole roll of stickers to keep her busy haha!

If you. save the trip for the last present, you can start the to do list right after. :)
My fear is that they'd be really distracted by the other things:angel: I tried to keep it simple and little things only related to the trip but DH finds deals and pounces for things they love. We don't say "yes" much during the year on impulse buys so splurging won't be too bad I suppose! haha
Thank you for the reality check though, you're right, probably waiting till the end is best :D

This is good to know. Thank you!

You wouldn't need them as proof of ID for TSA, but if anyone is unticketed/lap child (i.e. under 2 yrs for all of the time traveling and you didn't have to buy a seat), you will need this at check in with the airline. :)

A few years ago, my bff made the last gift a family gift, but sent each of her grandkids on a scavenger hunt thru the house. They each had to find 3 envelopes which contained puzzle pieces. They then had to work together to put the puzzle together to learn about the trip. It ended up being the highlight of Xmas and their other gifts didn't overshadow the big surprise. :santa:

26 days!!
swim suits?

Isn’t it too cold to swim in January?

Not always. We have been in January and it has been in the 80s. The pools are heated. It is just cold when you get out sometimes.

We'll be bringing our bathing suits. We're from Canada so as long as it's 60 degrees or above, my girls will probably be swimming. :)

When we went last November, there was a night where the temp dropped into the 50's. The kids (and many other people I will add) were still in the pool at Coronado Springs! The adults were sitting in chairs using towels as blankets and drinking cocktails:laughing:. Since it's heated, it was fine in the water. When they got out of the water, there was a mad dash to get them as dry as possible and bundled up :rotfl:

We'll be bringing our bathing suits. We're from Canada so as long as it's 60 degrees or above, my girls will probably be swimming. :)

I'm like it a bit warmer but anything over 68 and I'm happy to use the pool.

Also if it goes higher than 68 I would definitely consider a water park day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts