***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

Isn’t it too cold to swim in January?

Chiming in to the chorus to say that we swam last January, and DS6 is counting on swimming at the Poly Lava Pool on our upcoming January trip. I've tried to tell him it may be too cold, but he is not listening! :rolleyes2

We leave one month from today! I'm more excited than my son.:banana:

He turns 2 Jan 20th. We will be in Magic Kingdom for his birthday! The plan right now is to keep him on schedule as much as possible. I scheduled FastPasses early morning or late afternoon so we can go back to the hotel mid-day everyday. I have us going for 2.5 days in Magic Kingdom (0.5 day is our departure day), 1 day in Epcot, and 2 days in Animal Kingdom. I wanted to make sure we had time to do the things we REALLY want him (and us, FoP, yes please!) to experience without over-doing it.
Its my birthday too. :bday:

And we will be at Magic Kingdom. pixiedust:

We are actually doing Disney After Dark that day.

When do I need to customize my Magic Bands by for January 28th vacation? We are gifting our kids Disney for Christmas and I wanted to be able to let them personally choose their band colors. Will I be ok to wait until Christmas or day after?
Thank you for asking this!!!!! We received our luggage tags, and I was wondering why the Bands didn't come with them.

Incidentally, is there any way I can get additional tags?

Thank you for asking this!!!!! We received our luggage tags, and I was wondering why the Bands didn't come with them.

Incidentally, is there any way I can get additional tags?

Your magical express tags? You can call magical express and they will send additional tags.

40 more days until our trip! Only 10 more days until we tell the kids. Can't wait!

SN: Did anyone else go see the Last Jedi yesterday? It was aweso We loved it!

Are these new hours going to make MK extra crowded those days? We hadn’t planned on being in MK on any of those days (no PH). Should we move our schedule?

They just updated park hours for MLK weekend.

MK is opening at 8:00 on January 20 too.

I’m just happy that the hours weren’t adjusted on the day we have a PPO breakfast or the evening we’re attending the fireworks dessert party. My touring plans remain intact!

Do expanded hours generally make a park more or less crowded? I was hoping that the expanded night hours will lead to lower crowds early in the day, which is our preferred time to visit the parks.

They also updated them for the 27th, so i think a lot of saturdays just got extended.

I got the e-mail for this also, but the 27th is our AK day. I am wondering if they think it is going to be extra busy for Pro Bowl weekend. To me that is a big different in hours, since it is opening 1 hour earlier and staying open 2 hours later.

So many birthday and holiday events the next few weeks but all I can think about is Disney. On a bit of a whim we ended up buying a new to us minivan last weekend. We are all in love with it and SO EXCITED for the drive down!! :car:

Is it time to go yet?????? :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter