***Official Jan 2018 Thread****

So many birthday and holiday events the next few weeks but all I can think about is Disney.

I hear you! I should be preparing for Christmas but all I can think about is our trip to Disney World! I guess I should go shopping for at least some stocking stuffers. LOL

Last edited:

Yay, yay and thrice yay (I've gone all Shakespearean, must be-eth the season)

I have finally got my passes and thanks to the truly amazing @han22735 I have FOP FP+ - It a Christmas miracle and I am really appreciative.

This is what so wonderful about these boards, someone who I have never met went out of there way to help me make sure I have a super holiday.

So now my holiday planning is complete.

I am so excited this time next week Christmas and in 30 days time Disney here I come...

MK is opening at 8:00 on January 20 too.

Hiya, Does anybody know why the park hours for the Magic Kingdom have been extended some much for Sat 13th, Sun 14th & Sat 20th Jan. On these days the Magic Kingdom is open from 8am until midnight, which seems unusual to me?

Thanks for your help

The weekend of the 13/14 is MLK weekend and usually the busiest weekend in January. Im not sure on the 20th unless they feel people would arrive for MLK weekend and stay through then. The following Saturday is the NFL probowl weekend so thats why the 27th was extended.

Thanks for your reply. Last time we visited was Spring Break / 1st week of Easter 2016 and the parks weren't ever opened for that long. Thought that maybe there was something else happening that I was not aware of.

Has anyone gotten the Magic Band skins from Magicyourband.com or any of the other sites? I'm not super crafty so the DIY ideas I've seen on Pinterest are best left alone :upsidedow

Has anyone gotten the Magic Band skins from Magicyourband.com or any of the other sites? I'm not super crafty so the DIY ideas I've seen on Pinterest are best left alone :upsidedow

My craft level is - buy supplies, start project and then decide crafting is hard and my projects look like garbage - and we have managed to decorate our MBs before with temp tattoos and clear polish. I felt like by the end of the trip they didn't look as great but it is definitely doable for the less than crafty ;)

Hi Everyone,

I posted this in its own thread, but thought I'd add it here as well. Just an FYI that, with the extension of hours over MLK weekend, they seem to have opened up some additional later rezzies for BOG. I've been checking almost daily since late summer, with no luck--then this morning, scored 8:05 pm on Saturday, Jan 13, and there were others available too. Hope this helps some!

My craft level is - buy supplies, start project and then decide crafting is hard and my projects look like garbage - and we have managed to decorate our MBs before with temp tattoos and clear polish. I felt like by the end of the trip they didn't look as great but it is definitely doable for the less than crafty ;)

Lol - My craft level is think of an idea, then remember how crap I am at any and all crafts; then I go on to "Etsy" and buy it from there :thumbsup2

I am so excited, we ordered custom matching shirts for this trip and my sister in law is giving them to the kids as part of their Christmas present. They don't know we're going to Disney (they keep asking when we can go back, we keep telling them not this year because last year they didn't listen all that well at Disney) and I can't wait to see how long it takes them to realize it when they open them!

My parents are also meeting us down now for a few days. They are staying off site and just decided but I was able to get them reservations for the same time as us at Biergarten and BOG! Now I just need to make their FP and hope I can get them close to the ones we have.

I've gotten skins from Magicyourband for the past few years and ordered some for the new magicbands for this trip as well. They are great and I highly recommend them.

Magic Bands and my Rose gold ears arrived yesterday. pixiedust: My daughter didn't open the Magic Bands box so I stuck it her stocking. She doesn know that I also ordered the Black Magic bands from the Shop Disney App and they will be in her stocking as well. She really wanted a black band and has been upset that she can only get gray which is why she didn't open her box. lol Just need to get her some giftcards.

So many birthday and holiday events the next few weeks but all I can think about is Disney.
Exactly! Instead of thinking about what to bring to my SIL's for Xmas, I am planning trips to the dollar store for souvenirs, and trying to decide whether to use Amazon Prime Now or not. And I should be finishing up some projects at work, but I am researching tshirts and costumes for our visit :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!