****Official January 2021 thread****

Yeah, the news was heartbreaking.

We're still going, anyway, and making the best of it. At least this means that we can find a Sunday brunch. It's a small bright spot.

My two friends I was traveling with still want to go, but I can't justify a trip in January and a trip in February to see my parents without the race, so we're thinking of moving the trip to February so I can tack it onto my visit on the west coast of Florida.

It will be nice to enjoy the parks without running. Haven't done that in a few years.

My two friends I was traveling with still want to go, but I can't justify a trip in January and a trip in February to see my parents without the race, so we're thinking of moving the trip to February so I can tack it onto my visit on the west coast of Florida.

It will be nice to enjoy the parks without running. Haven't done that in a few years.
Yeah, unless you have that annual pass that isn't being sold right now, it doesn't make sense to go 2 months in a row, lol.

January 1 is 100 days away! Who has their park pass reservations all lined up?

Right now, I've got
Jan 8 - HS
Jan 9 - Epcot
Jan 10 - HS - though this will probably be a beach day depending on weather. I am hoping for some short lines at the end of the night 🤞
Jan 11 - AK - Also moving to AKL for 2 nights.
Jan 12 - MK

OMG, I feel like I'm waiting until the last minute. I haven't even bought my park tickets. And to the best of my knowledge I can't reserve park days until after I buy my tickets. But from what I've seen, the only park that might fill is DHS, and that's the one park that I wouldn't care about missing-I'm just not a Star Wars Rise of the Resistance fan.

OMG, I feel like I'm waiting until the last minute. I haven't even bought my park tickets. And to the best of my knowledge I can't reserve park days until after I buy my tickets. But from what I've seen, the only park that might fill is DHS, and that's the one park that I wouldn't care about missing-I'm just not a Star Wars Rise of the Resistance fan.
You are correct on the park reservations, you do need tickets first.

I think anything can happen and it really depends on when you're planning to go as to how far out you should reserve and whether the parks will fill up or not. I had planned my trip for Marathon Weekend, so wanted to be ahead of the game. Now that's not such a big deal. Some are cancelling, some aren't. I'm guessing if reservations do sell out, it'll happen a lot closer to the dates, rather than this far out.

Finally back on DIS after a few years off... we've been going at least once a year for a long time. We loved going in Jan this year, so we're going back this coming Jan. I'm so used to planning things in a specific order/way and this year I'm just not really all that excited about planning for this trip. I'm off my game with all the changes. HAHA!!!

Watched the Dis Unplugged today and it really has me nervous about my trip in January. They talked about how attendance has increased and people aren't following the guidelines and there aren't enough cast members to enforce it. I'm worried it will be even worse in January. Especially now with what DeSantis said. How is everyone else feeling about your trip?

Watched the Dis Unplugged today and it really has me nervous about my trip in January. They talked about how attendance has increased and people aren't following the guidelines and there aren't enough cast members to enforce it. I'm worried it will be even worse in January. Especially now with what DeSantis said. How is everyone else feeling about your trip?
We are watching closely to see how things are going. Our annual passes got extended until May 26th, so it will be easy to reschedule if necessary. A lot of things could change by then. :)

I'm not nervous yet (we arrive 1/25) but I'm also not making any more payments till my due date. Crowds and less distancing don't bother me because it's just my husband and I. I'm more worried about flights being cancelled due to weather since I've never flown in January before.

Add me to the January list! Our girls trip that was originally scheduled in March, then rescheduled to this week, has now been rescheduled to 1/20-1/24. We had to move it again because FL has not come off the NY quarantine list yet, and two of our party can’t quarantine due to their job requirements. We will be staying at Pop.

We will be in WDW Jan 23-30! We always go in the summer but my bf just got a job at our local (and luckily extremely busy) Disney store. Our solidly moderate resort budget has jumped to deluxe thanks to his discount, currently have a Coronado/Yacht Club split stay but considering spending the extra $200 or so total to upgrade Coronado to Rivera, but it would be a tower studio which gives me pause. Fingers crossed for Festival of the Arts!

Looks like this is the “official” thread... I’m going with my two adult kids & mom (1/9-1/16) and brother & SIL (1/9-1/14). DH is staying behind to ice fish and watch our greyhound; he’s not as into it as the rest of us. :) We rented points for two BWV studios at the 11 month window before the world of covid, so there’s been a lot of discussion but we’ve always planned on keeping these dates as long as the resort is open. January in Florida is still way better than it is in Wisconsin. Lol. We’ve been lucky enough to go every few years since 2006, so we’ll enjoy whatever version DW is. I am a little concerned about keeping us safe, especially with my mom and DD being at higher risk. But we’ll take precautions and stay outside as much as possible. I’m hoping festival of the arts happens in some capacity and ratatouille is open... and we are able to ride rotr. I also hope ME bag delivery and airline check-in come back, but I’m not holding my breath. :) Here’s to a fun and safe trip for us Jan visitors!!

Anyone else dread the end of your vacation even before you have left for your vacation? I know it's ridiculous but this is our first trip in 7 years and I don't know when or if I will ever be able to go back again due to how expensive it has gotten. I'm really enjoying the planning and having the trip to look forward to but boy do I dread the end of it.

Anyone else dread the end of your vacation even before you have left for your vacation? I know it's ridiculous but this is our first trip in 7 years and I don't know when or if I will ever be able to go back again due to how expensive it has gotten. I'm really enjoying the planning and having the trip to look forward to but boy do I dread the end of it.
Yeah, seems like so much planning that goes into a few days of actual vacation and at the end it's like, wait, what? It's time to leave already? crazy ridiculous. Just enjoy the planning and remember to slow down while on vacation and enjoy the moment.

Yeah, seems like so much planning that goes into a few days of actual vacation and at the end it's like, wait, what? It's time to leave already? crazy ridiculous. Just enjoy the planning and remember to slow down while on vacation and enjoy the moment.
Gonna be kind of different this time with all the stuff going on right now but I really just wanna take it all in and even do stuff I hadn't done for awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!