****Official January 2021 thread****

It would be really nice if they bring bag delivery and airline check in back since we won't be able to use carry-ons for a January trip. I've never gone to the baggage carousels at MCO.
Agree... A definite perk that will be missed. I haven’t used the carousels either.

I can't fit everything I want to bring to Florida in January in a carry on. January weather in Florida can range from freezing cold to warm weather in a matter of days, so you need to be prepared for anything. :)
lol, I'm looking forward to it. I'm actually hoping for low to mid 50's. warm enough to enjoy getting out of Nebraska, but cool enough to keep the majority of locals home :rotfl2:. ok ok, I know the CM's need the parks packed to keep making money, so I hope that stays true for them

lol, I'm looking forward to it. I'm actually hoping for low to mid 50's. warm enough to enjoy getting out of Nebraska, but cool enough to keep the majority of locals home :rotfl2:. ok ok, I know the CM's need the parks packed to keep making money, so I hope that stays true for them
The 50's in Florida is colder than you think. They don't have central heating and insulated windows and other ways to keep the cold out. We are from the Chicago suburbs, so we are used to cold here. But I prefer it to be at least in the high 60's when I'm in Florida. :)

The 50's in Florida is colder than you think. They don't have central heating and insulated windows and other ways to keep the cold out. We are from the Chicago suburbs, so we are used to cold here. But I prefer it to be at least in the high 60's when I'm in Florida. :)
oooh, that would be cold. Yeah, haven't been in Florida in January. I should be careful what I wish for. 60's still sound nice. considering it'll probably be below freezing at home.

Marathon Weekend 2018, it was in the mid-30s every morning!

Marathon Weekend 2020, it got so hot during Marathon Sunday, the high 70s during the race, that they cut part of the course off.

So the weather can literally be anything, even during the same time of the year.

I can't fit everything I want to bring to Florida in January in a carry on. January weather in Florida can range from freezing cold to warm weather in a matter of days, so you need to be prepared for anything. :)
Oh ok. I was thinking that maybe the airline you were taking had some kind of limitations or something like that.

I used to live in Iowa so I totally understand that lol

Marathon Weekend 2018, it was in the mid-30s every morning!

Marathon Weekend 2020, it got so hot during Marathon Sunday, the high 70s during the race, that they cut part of the course off.

So the weather can literally be anything, even during the same time of the year.
Oh I don't even own a winter coat anymore so if it gets that cold I'll freeze lol

Hi! Now that we are home from our Oct. trip I am counting down to January! We are currently booked at Pop 1/14-1/17 but we are thinking of changing to a Preferred room 1/11-1/15. Avoiding the weekend crowds and the weekend room prices! Waiting to see if DH can get those days off work. :)

We have a Jan 2021 trip in the works. My MIL, who organized our first trip to WDW back in 2006, passed away from cancer in Februrary (just days before everything went haywire). Just after last Christmas my DH, knowing we didn't have much more time with her, told me to book a trip for this Christmas because he didn't want to be at home for the holiday after losing her. So I did, and so far even with COVID, we're still moving forward.

It's morphed and changed and been extended, and after months of refusing, my FIL recently decided he's coming with us. That gives us a travel party of 6 (DH, FIL, me, and 3 kids ages 13/11/5). So here's the general plan:
12/25-1/1: Fly to Orlando, stay in a VRBO, and hit some of the low-key attractions within a couple hours of Orlando. Considering the beach, Silver Springs State Park, the outlets, maybe St. Augustine, maybe Cape Canaveral. No Disney except maybe a couple DS or resort dinners.
1/1-1/5: Stay at BWV with rented DVC points (FIL will be at the Swan, because BWV availability was too limited by the time he decided to come). 3 days at HS, 1 at Epcot, 1 rest day.
1/5-1/11: Stay at BLT with rented DVC points. 3 days at MK, 1 at AK, 1 at Epcot (hoping the Epcot monorail is open by then!), 1 rest day.
1/11-1/13: Stay at AKL, 2-bedroom savanna view room with rented DVC points. 1 day at AK.

It should be a pretty epic way to say farewell to 2020 and hello to 2021! The next step in the planning is ADR's.

We have a Jan 2021 trip in the works. My MIL, who organized our first trip to WDW back in 2006, passed away from cancer in Februrary (just days before everything went haywire). Just after last Christmas my DH, knowing we didn't have much more time with her, told me to book a trip for this Christmas because he didn't want to be at home for the holiday after losing her. So I did, and so far even with COVID, we're still moving forward.

It's morphed and changed and been extended, and after months of refusing, my FIL recently decided he's coming with us. That gives us a travel party of 6 (DH, FIL, me, and 3 kids ages 13/11/5). So here's the general plan:
12/25-1/1: Fly to Orlando, stay in a VRBO, and hit some of the low-key attractions within a couple hours of Orlando. Considering the beach, Silver Springs State Park, the outlets, maybe St. Augustine, maybe Cape Canaveral. No Disney except maybe a couple DS or resort dinners.
1/1-1/5: Stay at BWV with rented DVC points (FIL will be at the Swan, because BWV availability was too limited by the time he decided to come). 3 days at HS, 1 at Epcot, 1 rest day.
1/5-1/11: Stay at BLT with rented DVC points. 3 days at MK, 1 at AK, 1 at Epcot (hoping the Epcot monorail is open by then!), 1 rest day.
1/11-1/13: Stay at AKL, 2-bedroom savanna view room with rented DVC points. 1 day at AK.

It should be a pretty epic way to say farewell to 2020 and hello to 2021! The next step in the planning is ADR's.
I’ll be at AKL same days as you. Going to Animal Kingdom park on Monday the 11th after we check out of AoA.

Hope you all have a great trip. Definitely been a rough year for everyone, but even more so for everyone that has lost someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter