****Official January 2021 thread****

I switched from a Copper Creek studio to the Yacht Club in order to save $520. CCV didn't have any discounts for the studios for my dates. I am excited about the Festival of the Arts opening on January 8th since that means we will be able to go to it. :) The Festival opens much earlier than it did in prior years.

So glad I finally found this thread, I've been looking for it for a month now haha! My best friend and I are going Jan 19-27th and we couldn't be more excited! We're both nurses and this year has kicked our butts, so we are more excited than usual for our upcoming trip. We are staying at Caribbean beach for the first time ever as we wanted to try out a new resort. I hope the weather is mild this year :)

So glad I finally found this thread, I've been looking for it for a month now haha! My best friend and I are going Jan 19-27th and we couldn't be more excited! We're both nurses and this year has kicked our butts, so we are more excited than usual for our upcoming trip. We are staying at Caribbean beach for the first time ever as we wanted to try out a new resort. I hope the weather is mild this year :)
Welcome! glad you found us :) CBR is a great choice for resorts. We stayed there 2 years ago and found it very relaxing, for the short amount of time we were there.

Also, Festival of the Arts starts January 8!! I've got January 9th booked for Epcot. Super excited to experience this.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ional-festival-of-the-arts-begins-jan-8-2021/
I'll be solo, but I'd love to have my picture taken at some of the spots in Epcot. Do you think that Disney Photopass photographers would take my picture with my camera (I don't have photo pass)? If not, if you see a woman alone on an ECV in January, please offer to take my picture.

I'll be solo, but I'd love to have my picture taken at some of the spots in Epcot. Do you think that Disney Photopass photographers would take my picture with my camera (I don't have photo pass)? If not, if you see a woman alone on an ECV in January, please offer to take my picture.
Last I knew Photopass photogs were not taking pics with personal cameras/phones. I'm sure someone around you will though. Good luck!

First full week of January hours have been posted. As of now, hours are the same Sunday-Saturday.
Mk - 9-6
Epcot - 12-8
HS -10-7
AK - 9-5

Attachments

• 7DBBA485-63A7-47AE-8651-8CDB7F734736.jpeg
    7DBBA485-63A7-47AE-8651-8CDB7F734736.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 4

That's odd to me that Epcot doesn't open before 12:00. World Showcase used to open at 11:00. It would make more sense to me if they made all of Epcot open at that time.

That's odd to me that Epcot doesn't open before 12:00. World Showcase used to open at 11:00. It would make more sense to me if they made all of Epcot open at that time.
At the rate things are going, the hours will very likely change before we go.
I’ll agree with Neko. These are mainly placeholder hours generally anyway. With festival of the arts kicking off on the 8th, I’d imagine at least Friday and Saturday hours will be increased.

Well we hadn’t planned to head back to soon (just visited 2 weeks ago) but with amazing flight prices and a dirt cheap DVC points offer from a good friend we’ll be at SSR for an extra long MLK weekend! It’s been a long time since we have visited outside the Sept-Dec months and I’m looking forward to it!

January friends, if you are flying Southwest, check your flights! Mine both just got changed... landing almost four hours later on arrival day and leaving a little over two hours earlier on departure day. Hope MK is open later on our arrival day!

January friends, if you are flying Southwest, check your flights! Mine both just got changed... landing almost four hours later on arrival day and leaving a little over two hours earlier on departure day. Hope MK is open later on our arrival day!
Yikes, that's a lot of lost Disney time. My Delta flight got moved back 30 minutes, but still getting in at 6pm. It's now the latest mid day arrival. If they push back again, we'll be arriving after 9pm. Fortunately the return home is still the same, leaving at 11am. I'm trying to get a breakfast at Topolino's before leaving. would be fun to have a character breakfast prior to heading home.

Mine did the same. My daughter is coming in from a different city then the DW and me, so everything got shuffled. Made it enough to where I swapped my Park Passes to comensate, and let's hope SW doesn't change it again.

Southwest had like 5 non-stop flights from where we were starting to Orlando, now there's 1.

Jan 14-22. We always go in January to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. Split stay DVC Bay Lake Tower & AK Jambo. We also got an update this morning from Southwest changing our flights.
Modified to the non-stop flights for departure/return. Worked out much better for us.

January 2020 both of us caught the flu and stayed in our room at the Poly for most of the vacation.

I pack an assortment of clothes from hats/gloves to shorts. One year on our return it was colder in Florida that it was back home.

What a coincidence! I came here today to give the same warning. Yeah, I got the dreaded Email from Southwest, but not all bad news. Although I get to WDW 2 hours later, my flight leaves about 4 hours later, so now I have time for a big breakfast at WDW before I leave.

What a coincidence! I came here today to give the same warning. Yeah, I got the dreaded Email from Southwest, but not all bad news. Although I get to WDW 2 hours later, my flight leaves about 4 hours later, so now I have time for a big breakfast at WDW before I leave.

What was the reason they provided for the change. In my email they specifically said WEATHER. Our trip is still over a month away but they are already aware of weather issues.

Mine did the same. My daughter is coming in from a different city then the DW and me, so everything got shuffled. Made it enough to where I swapped my Park Passes to comensate, and let's hope SW doesn't change it again.

Southwest had like 5 non-stop flights from where we were starting to Orlando, now there's 1.

Same for us, the number of direct flights dropped significantly.

What was the reason they provided for the change. In my email they specifically said WEATHER. Our trip is still over a month away but they are already aware of weather issues.

That‘s weird! Mine said due to a schedule change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!