Official July 2018 Thread!

This is a surprise trip for my oldest dd so I haven't done much planning. I want her to help make the decisions since this trip is for her. I'm telling her about the trip on April 1 (her birthday) so then I will really start planning. I do know that we are doing dhs on our arrival day (we will hop somewhere that evening). We are doing EMM on the 17 and I have a bog lunch and dinner booked (I'm thinking I'll cancel dinner and do a dessert party instead). Probably AK the next day or maybe ak and Epcot.

Well, I haven’t posted here in a long time, but my DD and I are headed to POR July 28-Aug 4. We haven’t been in 5 years and I feel like so much has changed I am completely overwhelmed. I think I have our park days loosely set up. First time without DDP in a long time and I feel at loose ends about ADRs. So far we have a backup chef mickeys for dinner (we like a late breakfast), a BOG for lunch because we haven’t been there yet, and my DS favorite, crystal palace. Even at 15 it was the first thing she mentioned, lol. So I hope to get some clarity soon.

Looks like we all will be some of the first people able to experience toy story land!!! So glad we decided to go in July this year instead of June!
Same here! Had it not been for DD recital and our anniversary we would be going early June. And I’d be pouting about it for sure! My niece is joining me for part of the trip and she hasn’t been since she was really little. She’s 15, and soooo excited for TOy Story. I didn’t think she’d be into it, being a teenager, but she really is excited.

I’m excited and terrified that the opening is so close to our trip. I thought we’d have a little buffer with the May opening. We’re doing a triple split stay (because we’re crazy), but fortunately the longest leg is at Beach Club Villas, which should give us easier access to DHS. Boardwalk would have been even better, but my kids are terrified of the pool. :laughing:

I’m excited and terrified that the opening is so close to our trip. I thought we’d have a little buffer with the May opening. We’re doing a triple split stay (because we’re crazy), but fortunately the longest leg is at Beach Club Villas, which should give us easier access to DHS. Boardwalk would have been even better, but my kids are terrified of the pool. :laughing:
We are skipping it. I’m not interested in dealing with the extra crowds there for Toy Story. DHS has changed in ways that have made us less interested in it. We will spend an extra day in MK instead.

We are skipping it. I’m not interested in dealing with the extra crowds there for Toy Story. DHS has changed in ways that have made us less interested in it. We will spend an extra day in MK instead.

I definitely agree that DHS holds less interest for us, but I think we may go for at least a couple hours this time around to check out the new addition. ;) We'll be at the Dolphin so hopefully that will make it a little easier.

I definitely agree that DHS holds less interest for us, but I think we may go for at least a couple hours this time around to check out the new addition. ;) We'll be at the Dolphin so hopefully that will make it a little easier.
Enjoy!

Happy to report that all plans are finalized. Airfare, ADRs, and room plans all in place! July 1-5 in a deluxe studio at SSR. Really looking forward to spending this time with our whole family. We arrived in May last year one day after Pandora opened, and this year, we'll be there one day after TSL. Didn't plan it that way for sure. Happy planning everyone!

I'm tempted to skip it, too, except the whole purpose of our trip is for dd to ride rock n roller coaster. I dread how crowded the entire park will probably be.

Unfortunately we could never skip it. DH loves Rockin Rollercoaster and ToT, DD is obsessed with Star Wars, and Toy Story has been DS’s favorite since he was 2. We all love Fantasmic! It doesn’t have a lot of stuff, but what it does have is all killer no filler for our family.

Unfortunately we could never skip it. DH loves Rockin Rollercoaster and ToT, DD is obsessed with Star Wars, and Toy Story has been DS’s favorite since he was 2. We all love Fantasmic! It doesn’t have a lot of stuff, but what it does have is all killer no filler for our family.
That sounds great.
We aren’t thrill riders. None of us are into Star Wars (I can hear my friends saying, “Blasphemy!”) I loved The Great Movie Ride. We used to enjoy 50’s Prime Time, but the last couple of trips, it’s been a flop. The waitstaff wasn’t joking around as much. We’ve done Fantasmic many times and aren’t interested in doing it this time. We have done all the shows repeatedly. We will probably go to DHS next time, but really don’t want to deal with huge crowds for Toy Story even though we love the ride.

Happy to report that all plans are finalized. Airfare, ADRs, and room plans all in place! July 1-5 in a deluxe studio at SSR. Really looking forward to spending this time with our whole family. We arrived in May last year one day after Pandora opened, and this year, we'll be there one day after TSL. Didn't plan it that way for sure. Happy planning everyone!
Wow, that is a coincidence. Let us all know what day you book your trip next summer, so we know when Star Wars Land will be opening! My trip has a funky split. I am ending the first part of my trip on 6/30 (yikes!) I was 50/50 on whether I would spend a couple hours at HS or AK that day. I will be with my kids, DH will be flying in that day. We will have 7/7-11 to work with, too, but are offsite in between. I am thinking I should avoid HS on 6/30, but have to say I am tempted to see the madness. I think if my 6 year old wasn't in the picture, I might brave it, but keeping track of 3 kids in a crowd (and the little won't do coasters) sounds a bit much. AK has EMH in the morning that day, so I should probably go there. We can do the few things we want to do on arrival day at HS. We have been many times, and HS doesn't hold too much for us (though I love the park), which is why I thought 2 hours would suffice in 1st part of our trip.

So now I am a little annoyed with the new park hours at HS. Now opening at 8:00 with EMH at 7:00. I have a PPO breakfast at Hollywood and Vine so we could get in early to sign up for Jedi training. Guess that plan isn’t going to work now. I will probably end up cancelling the reservation.

So now I am a little annoyed with the new park hours at HS. Now opening at 8:00 with EMH at 7:00. I have a PPO breakfast at Hollywood and Vine so we could get in early to sign up for Jedi training. Guess that plan isn’t going to work now. I will probably end up cancelling the reservation.
It's going to be crazy in there with the Toy Story Land opening on June 30... Me and my kids arrive on July 3 and expect it to be a mad house.. I could easily see the area being closed off unless you have fast passes for the rides like they did in Avatar, which will push all those people out into the rest of HS.

It's going to be crazy in there with the Toy Story Land opening on June 30... Me and my kids arrive on July 3 and expect it to be a mad house.. I could easily see the area being closed off unless you have fast passes for the rides like they did in Avatar, which will push all those people out into the rest of HS.
How long do you think Toy Story land will be so busy you have to have a fp just to get in? I would completely skip ha except the whole purpose of our trip is rock n roller coaster.

How long do you think Toy Story land will be so busy you have to have a fp just to get in? I would completely skip ha except the whole purpose of our trip is rock n roller coaster.

If Disney did what they did when FOP opened in the Avatar Land... they wouldn't let anyone in the Avatar area unless you had a Fast pass for one of the two attractions... As a result, people who came to try to either wait in line or just see the new area were basically locked out of the are, and the lines for all the other attractions were really long as a result. I was there last summer in
July, and they secured the avatar area 2 times while I was there.

It was only like that for the first weekend Pandora opened. I was there the week after, anyone could come and go as they pleased.

I was there about 10 days after opening and we were able to go in and out of the area with no issues. The crowds weren’t really even as bad as I thought they would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter