****Official July 2021 Thread****

JennLTX

DIS Veteran
Hark!
All ye brave souls willing to venture forth and walk upon the surface of the sun (aka Orlando) in July 2021, gather round!
Let's make some plans!!!

This is my first time *hosting* a Happy Dance thread, so if you think of something I've left off or have any suggestions, don't hesitate to let me know!
:smickey:

Last edited:
July 2021 Roll Call
Join me, won't you?

:stitch:

June 26 - July 5 Daniela Rose
June 26 - July 11 TinkerTracy Polynesian / Copper Creek Villas / Animal Kingdom Lodge
June 28 - July 3 MOPNB Caribbean Beach
June 28 - July 6 TikiTikiFan POP Century
June 29 - July 4 Ngwira Grand Floridian
June 30 - July 13 cwaltjen Saratoga Springs
July 1 - July 10 e-rod jedimaster Caribbean Beach
July 2 - July 5 BreezysMom Riviera
July 2 - July 5 TXN4Disney Bay Lake Tower
July 2 - July 6 PrincessNelly All Star Movies
July 2 - July 10 Princess Michele All Star Movies
July 3 - July 5 IanDLBZF Grand Floridian
July 3 - July 10 Chris Ehlers Bay Lake Tower
July 3 - July 10
LSUfan4444 Caribbean Beach
July 3 - July 10 wdwnut61 Yacht Club

July 2 - July 30 ILoveMyDVC Old Key West
July 4 - July 9 4My3KGirls Beach Club
July 4 - July 9 Moochie13 Good Neighbor Hotel
July 4 - July 11 Brillokc Art of Animation
July 4 - July 11 JKeenz Caribbean Beach
July 5 - July 11 deli8788 All Star Movies
July 5 - July 11 FirstTimeFamily5 B Resort and Spa
July 5 - July 19 Ginger R Saratoga Springs / BoardWalk Villas
July 6 - July 12 pix13dust Dolphin Resort
July 7 - July 13 ksromack Riviera Resort / Kidani
July 7 - July 14 yaya74 Old Key West
July 7 - July 14 nataliz Riviera Resort
July 7 - July 25 Randy Miller Champions Gate
July 8 - July 15 EmmyL258 Caribbean Beach
July 9 - July 12 ShadowBoxer
July 9 - July 15 luvmy2babies Art of Animation
July 9 - July 18 linajoy Riviera Resort / Copper Creek Villas
July 9 - July 20 JennLTX BoardWalk Villas
July 10 - July 16
ccrellamom Copper Creek Villas
July 10 - July 17 TVmom Caribbean Beach
July 10 - July 17 cyiland Saratoga Springs / Copper Creek Villas / Hilton Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
July 10 - July 18 Frany05 POP Century
July 10 - July 23 snoopy352
July 11 - July 16 alafond83 POP Century
July 11 - July 19 preemiemama
Animal Kingdom Lodge

July 14 - July 22 Nice Work Pal Saratoga Springs
July 14 - July 28 tinkerhon All Star Movies
July 15 - July 19 disneylover81 Grand Floridian
July 16 - July 24 PPFlight75 BoardWalk Inn / Polynesian / Universal
July 17 - July 19 DMLAINI Riviera Resort
July 17 - July 24 srdavidson BoardWalk Inn
July 17 - July 24 TaraWasHere Boulder Ridge Villas
July 17 - July 24 catfan98 Coronado Springs
July 17 - July 24 Danielle91 Caribbean Beach
July 17 - July 25 coloredimage BoardWalk Villas
July 17 - July 31 chad_1138 POP Century
July 18 - July 25 MouseClubMama Shades of Green
July 20 - July 25 aliceg Boulder Ridge Villas
July 20 - July 29 Memorymakerfor4 Saratoga Springs / Bay Lake Tower
July 20 - July 31 rlk Bay Lake Tower / BoardWalk Villas / Bay Lake Tower
July 21 - July 31 dancergirlsmom Royal Pacific / Yacht Club / Saratoga Springs
July 22 - July 25 Keen0420 Coronado Springs
July 23 - July 26 DduzDis Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
July 23 - July 26 ak517 TBD
July 23 - July 28 Mollymum Swan
July 23 - July 30 bigcrit Silver Lake Resort
July 23 - Aug 1 petrola Beach Club / Polynesian
July 24 - Aug 4 scunnin3 Saratoga Springs
July 25 - July 29 Disneygrl71 Coronado Springs
July 25 - July 29 Pembo Wilderness Lodge
July 25 - July 31 Minnie0499 Polynesian
July 26 - July 31 DisKaren Saratoga Springs
July 27 - Aug 1 Obi1 Swan

July ?? - July ?? maryj11 Copper Creek Villas / Caribbean Beach

Last edited:
Tips for Beating the Heat :furious:
by The July Travelers

From LSUfan4444 - It's one of the hottest months of the year in one of the hottest states in the country. There are things you can do to help but you can't escape or beat the heat, you have to plan with it. Think of the hottest day you experienced in NY, then take that day and expect that weather every day of your trip BUT you're going to be walking 10+ miles a day, in crowded areas, on possibly less sleep than you're used to, etc.

The biggest thing you can do is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. It's more important that the clothes you wear! I'd aim for AT LEAST one ounce of water per pound of your body weight per day.

:beach:

From DL1WDW2 - I am that crazy person that would stand in hot sun for the first concert of the day at Epcot and always stopped at the La Cava de Tequila for their children’s Piñata Drink... no alcohol...but fresh fruit drink that always lowered my body temp...I actually ordered 2 and tipped at bar to go! It is not on menu but I might ask the bartender next trip if they remember and can still make it!
Other option would be Joffreys fresh Peach Tree Ice tea and ask for extra cup of ice...I think Starbucks makes this also but prefer Joffreys.
I normally do not drink tea (which drove my English grandmother crazy)...but this also lowers body temp. I also carry a plain bandana to wet and wear around my neck( works better than those expensive cooling wraps they sell in parks) and cheaper!

From Memorymakerfor4 - We highly recommend the Frogg Togg Chilly Pads. They're better than the Disney ones. Get some free ice water and use that to wet it down. You can also cut one in half to share, they're huge.

Something new we're going to try are the neck fans everyone has been wearing.

The first time we went in July I was surprised how muggy it is was the morning. I thought late evening was by far the most pleasant part of the day. I tend to feel like I'm drowning for about half an hour, then adjust and it's not so bad. Also, Animal Kingdom seems to be the worst park this way. So much water and greenery.

Pack face wipes or a washcloth to wipe your face down often. This was especially nice when wearing a mask.

Clothes - Don't wear denim if you can help it. Wear shoes that you don't mind getting wet because it will definitely rain on you multiple times. Pack a spare pair of socks, or flip flops. My husband likes to wear a Panama hat.

Make sure you have a poncho or umbrella. I personally prefer the umbrella because ponchos get so hot. If you're bringing a stroller, go buy a cheap clear plastic shower curtain before you go and every time you park it, cover it and secure with some clips. We've come off of so many rides to a nice dry stroller and everyone else's is soaked.

We try to book a sit down dining location for lunch. It's a nice extended break from the heat.

From TinkerTracy - Hi! I usually go every year in July or August and it is HOT. But we usually try to get to the parks early and do all our favorite things FIRST. Then jump inside for a snack/shopping/lunch. We also like to head back to the resort to swim or nap in the middle of the day. Then we try and head back to the parks once the sun starts to set (after dinner). This all might change on this trip due to the COVID changes.

I also LOVE cooling towels and my personal fan haha! I also wear open shoes/sandals a lot to keep cool. Plus hydrating is so important. I also bring a 'sweat towel' borrowed from the hotel room to keep dry during the day.

From Chris Ehlers - I would say to make sure you bring an Insulated Water bottle with a nice soft handle and with a flip up straw to be able to slip it under your mask to stay hydrated - Free Ice Water is a must

Bottle.jpg
Bottle.jpg

From ksromack - I echo the need for bringing your own insulated water bottles. Ours are the metal variety and they tend to be heavy but I make dh carry the backpack that houses those, lol! We bought the cooling towels off Amazon and it was tons cheaper than the WDW variety. Those and the personal neck fans and we were pretty ok with the heat.

Last edited:

We will be there the 17th-24th at the Boulder Ridge Villas. We have another trip planned for September of next year to, but that one is up in the air right now. We were supposed to be there this week, which stinks. Still... excited for a hopefully better 2021.

We will be there from July 9-18 with a split stay at Riviera and Copper Creek Villas!!

So excited- this is our first trip back in 9 years!

Nine years! Wow, how exciting. A lot has changed since you last went...Shoot a lot has changed since we last went in 2019! 😉 Here's hoping most things are back to normal by the time we get there. I'm really missing my Disney.

We will be there the 17th-24th at the Boulder Ridge Villas. We have another trip planned for September of next year to, but that one is up in the air right now. We were supposed to be there this week, which stinks. Still... excited for a hopefully better 2021.
Welcome aboard!!! I suspect the majority of us traveling next year can begin our stories with "We were supposed to be there <insert date>..." :scared: But we're gonna do this thing next year, dang it!!! :mickeyjum
We are July 17-31 at POP Century!!

Rescheduled from July 2020 to July 2021.
Howdy!!! Ours is a reschedule from August 2020 to July 2021 which, again, I think will be a pretty common theme in this thread. :yay:
We will be there from July 9-18 with a split stay at Riviera and Copper Creek Villas!
So excited- this is our first trip back in 9 years!
Nine years???? WOW!!! You have SO MUCH to look forward to!!! And you're staying in two fantastic places!!!
:tinker:

We had our July 2020 trip canceled, but rescheduled for July 10-16, 2021 at CCV! Really excited but a little nervous too. We hope things are better next summer! It will be 7 years since we were there last.

We had our July 2020 trip canceled, but rescheduled for July 10-16, 2021 at CCV! Really excited but a little nervous too. We hope things are better next summer! It will be 7 years since we were there last.
Just like linajoy, you've got SO many new things to see and do! (And, spoiler alert, I think we're all kinda nervous!!! ::yes::)
June 28-July3 at CBR. So excited!!!
MPONB, you're going to be the first of us there (so far!), and you're in charge of sending back full and detailed reports of absolutely everything. ;)

How do you guys feel about magic bands no longer being complimentary in the new year. We have been getting the premium ones since they started offering them, so we haven't had "free" bands in a while. Still, I'm not sure how I feel about the smart device alternative to paying for bands.

How do you guys feel about magic bands no longer being complimentary in the new year. We have been getting the premium ones since they started offering them, so we haven't had "free" bands in a while. Still, I'm not sure how I feel about the smart device alternative to paying for bands.
We'll either use old bands, our AP bands or buy new ones. I am not going to whip out my phone for payment, especially not these days.

We'll either use old bands, our AP bands or buy new ones. I am not going to whip out my phone for payment, especially not these days.

Not to mention I don't always carry my phone/watch with me all the time. I've never taken my phone to the pool or water parks, nor would I send my phone with my girls if they were leaving the room to do something. I guess it's just wait and see how they plan on working out the kinks...but I think the bands were just a perfect solution already.

HI! Joining in. We are planning a trip July 10 to July 17 at CBR. This is our re-do/rescheduled dance trip through the Disney Performing Art program from this past July. I'm not entirely convinced it won't be canceled again though. 😟 Hoping for the best.

We will be using magic bands that I had ordered for this year's trip. I think they are so much easier than using my phone for everything.

Moving over here to the July 2021 group from the November/Thanksgiving 2020 group by way of the March/Spring Break 2020 group!
Now set for CBR July 4-9 for "Spring Break 2020". Nothing like planning the same trip 4 times (3/22-3/28 trip, 11/22-11/28 trip with 180 day dining window, 11/22-11/28 trip with 60 day dining window, and now 7/4-7/9.
This will be the first trip by two youngest will really remember as they were 2 1/2, and 9 mos. old the last time we went in March 2010.
We will now have several celebrations during our stay as we have our 20th wedding anniversary, a high school graduation, and 8th grade and 5th grade promotions all occurring during the weeks leading up to our trip. Plus my birthday falls during the trip!
Here's to hoping that maybe we will have some more normalcy by July including fireworks, parades, and maybe even photos without masks! :-)

HI! Joining in. We are planning a trip July 10 to July 17 at CBR. This is our re-do/rescheduled dance trip through the Disney Performing Art program from this past July. I'm not entirely convinced it won't be canceled again though. 😟 Hoping for the best.

We will be using magic bands that I had ordered for this year's trip. I think they are so much easier than using my phone for everything.
My apologies, TVmom! I added you to the list and completely forgot to say hello! I completely understand your skepticism about the dance trip; everything is so crazy and uncertain. At least the news about the vaccines can give us all some renewed hope for the future! :goodvibes
Moving over here to the July 2021 group from the November/Thanksgiving 2020 group by way of the March/Spring Break 2020 group!
Now set for CBR July 4-9 for "Spring Break 2020". Nothing like planning the same trip 4 times (3/22-3/28 trip, 11/22-11/28 trip with 180 day dining window, 11/22-11/28 trip with 60 day dining window, and now 7/4-7/9.
This will be the first trip by two youngest will really remember as they were 2 1/2, and 9 mos. old the last time we went in March 2010.
We will now have several celebrations during our stay as we have our 20th wedding anniversary, a high school graduation, and 8th grade and 5th grade promotions all occurring during the weeks leading up to our trip. Plus my birthday falls during the trip!
Here's to hoping that maybe we will have some more normalcy by July including fireworks, parades, and maybe even photos without masks! :-)
Welcome 4My3KGirls!!! My "favorite" part of planning this trip was making reservations for the PARKS a whopping 13 months in advance. I will never complain about dining at 180 days EVER again!!! :rotfl2:

Hi!!!!! Just booked Pop Century for 7/26 - 7/30 for my first Mother/Daughter trip! Daughter is 8 and my son will be away at camp, and hubby could care less. I'm super excited, but cautious about yet another cancellation.

I have never booked directly through Disney, so I'm curious about how to watch out for discounts (and then apply them)?
Also, I don't know about Pop. I booked a Preferred Room (main thing is being close to transportation for me). Should I consider some other things at Pop? Guess I'll start to check out the Pop thread on the Disney Resorts page.

Super excited to get to the planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter