***Official June 2018***

I'm totally hoping for a soft opening!!! We got to ride EE a month before it opened that way and didn't expect it at all, so that would be fabulous.

I had a similar incident trying to get ahead on planning. I went to go on base Thu. when I was off to get our Military salute tickets. Dummy me didn't realize my id expired last month! The guy took my id and now I have to wait till DH can go with me to renew- which is a pain because of the hours he works and when the office is open. But we gotta be able to pick fp+ at that 60 day mark since we're doing it for 6 people!!! Oh the struggles...

You can order your salute tickets through Shades of Green and they FedEx them to you. It' really quick. Our posts travel office hours are horrible so I tried it this way instead. So much easier!!! (They verify the service members/retirees ID # )

The touring plans reservation finder is amazing! Got a BOG reservation for 2 at 7pm on June 2nd. Just put in for the reservation finder last night, so that was pretty cool! We absolutely love BOG.

After nearly 3 years away, I was able to talk the family into returning to Disney/Universal for our summer trip this year and we’ll be headed to Disney June 19-24, then Universal June 24-27! This will be our third trip down to Orlando, but this is the first time we’re staying on property at both parks, Swan Resort for Disney and Portofino for Universal. *I’m so excited and working on our plans nearly everyday...I tend to go a bit crazy when it comes to Disney planning ! Hoping to see all the things we’ve missed the last few trips and all the new things they’ve added.*

Welcome to our group! I'm slightly biased but Portofino is such a nice resort. Be sure to use this link https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/i...ooms=1&adults=2&child1=0&promo=aph&iata=&ada={2} to search for the APH rates as that tends to save you a lot on the room. All you'd need to do is upgrade one of your tickets to a seasonal pass, which is usually only a few dollars difference from a 3 day ticket. Let me know if you have any questions about how this works! The savings can be quite good!

Edit: They haven't released the discounts for those dates yet but they could be any time soon. There's an APH watch thread on the Universal section of these boards. Keep checking there as a few of us try to always find when they add more discounted dates.

Well we have slipped under the 80 day mark-78 days to go.
No plans other than a couple ADRs
Fort wilderness cabins June 3-8, ADR at La Hacienda for June 4 at 7:15 (hoping for waterside table-did that in August at Rose and Crown-was really great); Liberty Tree tavern on June 6 at 6:05-Wednesdays are usually pm EMH so I figured we'd do a sleep in, and close down park night. Tentatively planning for June 5-Tuesday- to be AK day-just for FP purposes-will get FoP FP, and SDMT on our MK evening. Those are really only 2 I will probably put any planning into.
June8-10 will be at the beach
June 10-17 is at Marriot Cypress Harbour-will work in Universal days this week. Need to decide on ticket options soon-DH is leaning towards annual passes-which if we don't activate until this week we could get another trip out of them early next June...Letting our Disney AP's lapse in august.

And oldest DD and I leave in 2 days for our quickie F&G trip. Got an alert for BoG dinner for 21st this am, was at 4pm though, so decided to not take it. So those searching for those elusive ADR's-they do pop up! This was for 3 people so I'd imagine that 4 people would have been ok too.

So my daughter asked to cancel California Grill and do a 2nd dessert party at MK. Did anybody book these last year? I've seen conflicting information regarding 6 months out to 30 days out. We did it in 2013 and I thought it was 30 days out.

So my daughter asked to cancel California Grill and do a 2nd dessert party at MK. Did anybody book these last year? I've seen conflicting information regarding 6 months out to 30 days out. We did it in 2013 and I thought it was 30 days out.

I can't remember when I booked ours but it was at most a month out for the Plaza Garden version, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Those don't sell out super fast but the Tomorrowland Terrance ones might, but the view is lesser unless you're lucky enough to sit at the rails from what I understand.

We did the terrace view in 13 and it was OK, but I felt like I missed some of it. I'm looking at the plaza as I've read about how good the views are. Did you like your plaza experience?

We were able to take advantage of the new summer discounts that came out today! We were booked at All Star Music with the Summer Meal deal and now we are at Coronado Springs! We aren't doing any dinning plans (we were a little iffy on it in the first place because there is so much food) but are so excited to be saving money and being able to stay at a nicer resort! My DH and I stayed there this past August and know about the construction and it didn't interfere with our stay at all. So excited!!!!!

We did the terrace view in 13 and it was OK, but I felt like I missed some of it. I'm looking at the plaza as I've read about how good the views are. Did you like your plaza experience?

It was really nice, I was there the same night as @JennLTX and I can't speak for her, but it was very uncrowded, you could sit on the fake grass to get off your feet.

Updated the first post with the new discounts that dropped this morning. Also now paid parking is in effect, oops! I thought that was tomorrow.

Okay...so talking plans....here is what I originally had:

Sun 6/3 Travel day: Leaving around 6am from Atlanta, arriving around 2 or 3pm, studio at BRV. We will hang out at the resort, swim, QS at GP or RF, campfire, movie, watch EWP.
Mon 6/4 Resort day: WCC 10am, swim, rent water craft, explore resort, HDDR 6:15 at FW.
Tues 6/5 MK day: BOG 8am, early ride on 7DMT (x2??); FPs 7DMT x4, Pooh x2, Peter Pan x4, Splash x2 (my oldest is NOT a thrill rider). Midday break. BOG 5:20. Close down park.
Wed 6/6 Disney Springs, Polite Pig lunch. Sanaa 5:30, TotWL.
Thurs 6/7 Check out, hit up the outlets, drive home.

Anyway, my DH has some local friends visiting us on Wednesday. The plan would be for them to join us for dinner (already on ressie) and possibly the TotWL (are guests allowed, DVC people??), maybe DS earlier in the day. But now I am wondering if I should switch our DS day to Monday and our resort day to Wed. I would add them as day guests to our reservation if possible so they could swim with us. Maybe take them out on the water craft. So I went ahead and made a 9:30 am WCC ADR for Wednesday and then I will drop either Monday or Wed once we figure out the best plan.

Has anyone added day guests successfully before?
Okay, so I checked with DVC and only guests on the reservation can go up to TotWL so we are going to move that to arrival night and then after dinner at Sanaa on Wednesday with my DH's friends, we will just go back to WL and enjoy a beverage and the view from Geyser Point, maybe catch the campfire and the movie that night.

You wouldn't have a problem in a quiet pool, but I don't know about the main. Obviously SAB is all over it, but when we were at Poly, all you needed was one person with a band to get through the gate at Lava Pool. I'd cruise the WL boards to see what they have to say.

I do know that as long as everyone signs the release, you can put Joe Blow on your boat, as long as he knows he can't sue. :rotfl2:

Can't believe we're going to miss each other on HDDR by ONE DAY. :(
Thanks for the reply. The DVC lady that called me back because I sent an emailing complaining about parking fees to the WDW president (why DVC called me back I don;t know but I didget to ask some DVC questions so it was somewhat productive) said I could probably just add them on as day guests and they could use the pool. However, my DH nixed the idea because we will probably all need to shower and change after to go to dinner and that would just be awkward in a studio with one shower. So they'll do dinner and we will just head back to WL with them in tow and hang out at Geyser Point.

You are seriously kidding me about HDDR, right? What day are you guys doing it?

It was really nice, I was there the same night as @JennLTX and I can't speak for her, but it was very uncrowded, you could sit on the fake grass to get off your feet.

Ditto and ditto. Although I would have GREATLY preferred it without the rain. Here's hoping THIS YEAR WILL BE DIFFERENT!!! :sunny:
I did it as well. The same night as @JennLTX in June....was that when you were there @Roxyfire? In any case, I loved it. We did arrive late, at 8:15, because it was a last minute add on and we had FPs booked already, but it was fine as we ate a few treats and then went out to the plaza by 8:35. It was very relaxed and my boys stayed in their stroller and still were able to see a lot. The family in front of us made sure to either move over or sit so my boys could see.

But yes, it did rain a bit and Tink didn't fly, which was a bit disappointing, but I loved the view! Will definitely do that again.

I did it as well. The same night as @JennLTX in June....was that when you were there @Roxyfire? In any case, I loved it. We did arrive late, at 8:15, because it was a last minute add on and we had FPs booked already, but it was fine as we ate a few treats and then went out to the plaza by 8:35. It was very relaxed and my boys stayed in their stroller and still were able to see a lot. The family in front of us made sure to either move over or sit so my boys could see.

But yes, it did rain a bit and Tink didn't fly, which was a bit disappointing, but I loved the view! Will definitely do that again.

Yep we were there that night as well. I was completely exhausted so I was definitely sitting most of the time!

Also was anyone doing Crystal Palace breakfast on Sunday June 3rd? I'm thinking of switching to that because Sunday brunch there would be so nice!

Yep we were there that night as well. I was completely exhausted so I was definitely sitting most of the time!

Also was anyone doing Crystal Palace breakfast on Sunday June 3rd? I'm thinking of switching to that because Sunday brunch there would be so nice!
WE ARE!!! We've got reservations at 8:05! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter