***Official June 2018***

Just got an email that they added one hour of EMH to Animal Kingdom. I have it tracked through June 7th so I’m sure it’s on additional days as well. Heads up for those of you wanting to hit FoP at rope drop!

Just got an email that they added one hour of EMH to Animal Kingdom. I have it tracked through June 7th so I’m sure it’s on additional days as well. Heads up for those of you wanting to hit FoP at rope drop!
According to TP, they've added morning EMH at AK every day that we're there, and from the responses on Facebook, it looks like it might be in place for the whole month.

According to TP, they've added morning EMH at AK every day that we're there, and from the responses on Facebook, it looks like it might be in place for the whole month.

It's definitely in place through the 24th (based on my e-mail) so I'm guessing it's for the entire month. Now the question is, why?

I got the same email from TP! Every day of our trip now has morning EMH for AK. I wasn’t sure if it was some sort of mistake or not. Lol.

Just noticed that! I figured it would be for a couple weeks or so at the very least. I don't think it'll cause too much trouble, considering it's every day. But it's interesting they did this, I bet it's due to Pandora still being incredibly popular

I can confirm it's through at least the 28th. I was also wondering if there is a reason...or a bug.

I can confirm it's through at least the 28th. I was also wondering if there is a reason...or a bug.

It's on the official calendar on the website (screenshot below) so I'd be surprised if it's a glitch if it's lasted this long. When updating a website it's a lot easier to mess up the day or time of an event vs adding it to all the days in a month. People have been asking what's the benefit of staying on-site now that all these various things have been taken away or charged extra. Personally I'm really curious to see the impact this has overall. I'm wondering if this is a way to attract guests over to AK instead of MK or even HS in the mornings to reduce the congestion in those areas.

upload_2018-4-23_11-0-8.png

Okay I cracked and decided 3 days in the park is not enough time! I added another night and two more days of tickets - we're now staying June 16-21 at Pop! :)
41 days out and I am starting to regret sticking with 1 park day. I'm just trying to tell myself this will be a more relaxing, mostly-resort only trip for us to enjoy our new DVC home. I hope I enjoy it just as much!

41 days out and I am starting to regret sticking with 1 park day. I'm just trying to tell myself this will be a more relaxing, mostly-resort only trip for us to enjoy our new DVC home. I hope I enjoy it just as much!

Resort trips are fun - I usually devote the arrival day to exploring around the resorts! Especially with DVC (so exciting!), you know you'll be back!

It's not too late!!!!!!!! :D
Technically you are correct. But, we pretty much have our budget worked out for this trip and our October trip. So if we try to do more park days now, I will be struggling for October. Plus we are less than 60 days out now, so some of the good FPs will be gone. Eh, its okay. Just a different type of trip than I am used to. :)

Resort trips are fun - I usually devote the arrival day to exploring around the resorts! Especially with DVC (so exciting!), you know you'll be back!
I'm sure we will have fun. It is just different than we are used to. I actually regretted that we didn't get to check out WL as much last trip as I wanted to, so this will be great for that. And we actually will be doing some newer things too, like Top of the World Lounge and Hoop Dee Doo. And we will be back in October for another short trip!

Fastpass+ day this morning. Was happy to get everything I wanted for pretty much any time I wanted. I was able to get FOP at 60+3 for pretty much any time I wanted starting at about 2pm.
Our first time going in June and so far have not had any concerns with getting dining reservations (only 4 months out including BOG lunch and Ohana dinner) and FP+. Fingers crossed the weather and crowds cooperate. 60 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter