***Official June 2018***

Well we lasted an hour into EMH. Did get extra fastpasses for buzz (5 of us), speedway (2 of us per sons request), Peter Pan (3 for rest of gang), and Haunted Mansion (2- rest of gang went to jungle cruise with low wait).

Animal kingdom this afternoon!

I'm going to cancel a O'Hana reservation for 4 people at 4:15 on Saturday, 6/23 if anyone wants to try to grab it! I'll hold off for a couple more days.

Just an update for other June travelers. The crowds have been very manageable with smart fast passing, rope drop etc. we haven't waited more than 25 mins for a single ride and that was for maybe three rides. Basically zigging when others are zagging. Late night last night and early morning today and we ended up ready to leave at 3:00 and cancelled Pirates FP as we had already been on it once this trip. I have had success with refreshing app for Fp search in terms of times available. Drastic changes with just three refreshes. Less luck with rides already depleted before Day began. Have felt sad at how many people are waiting in long lines and I doubt it was necessary every time. Mobile order has been awesome in some locations but chaotic at Aloha Isles. I have noticed a trend that wait times posted are longer than they ended up being. Sometimes ten minutes and sometimes 20. Frozen said 45 and we were on a boat in 20. So far an amazing trip. One more day at Animal Kingdom and then the post Disney blues will hit. I don't see us coming back for some time so it will be a sad goodbye. Hope everyone else is enjoying their trip and for others the anticipation of what is to come.

Suitcases are out and we are packing to leave tomorrow for Orlando! Got out boarding passes earlier today on Southwest. I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store later today to get non-perishable snacks for the plane ride.

We made it! We drove down, split it between yesterday and today. We usually drive straight through the night, but we couldn't check into our condo until 4:00 today, so there was no point. It is our first time staying offsite, and we found our condo at Windsor Palms with no problem. It is very nice, and I think it will work out well for us.

This is my families' first trip back to the WL in four years. Lots of changes since we have been to the Lodge and Parks. Looking forward to a great trip June 20-26. Has anyone been to the Lodge (CL) recently? Any info on dailey menus in the Old Faithful Club?

We are doing the single digit dance. In 9 days we will be at Disney. We leave in 7 days to start our drive down. Gonna make a couple overnight stops on the way. Kids have never seen the ocean, so we will make a stop in St. Augustine on fathers day and allow them some water and sand time. Packing begins tomorrow.

We finally made it to single digits until we arrive at Disney! :banana::cool1::banana:

I’m glad to read reports that crowds haven’t been too bad. Hopefully that will continue.

We leave in three days. :)

This is my families' first trip back to the WL in four years. Lots of changes since we have been to the Lodge and Parks. Looking forward to a great trip June 20-26. Has anyone been to the Lodge (CL) recently? Any info on dailey menus in the Old Faithful Club?
You'll find a lot of changes at the WL. There is a new Old Faithful Club on the 7th floor, which is bigger and better. I had a tour of it last year. You can find out more information about the WL by checking the facts thread. If you go back far enough you will find pictures of the club level offerings.

The new villas pool is great. We really like the new pool. Geyser Point is the new open air restaurant and we love that restaurant. We will stop there for a meal or a drink even when we are staying at a different resort. Roaring Forks has been remodeled with a nice, expanded outdoor eating area.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...villas-and-cabins-information-thread.3372315/
We finally made it to single digits until we arrive at Disney! :banana::cool1::banana:

I’m glad to read reports that crowds haven’t been too bad. Hopefully that will continue.
I read that they opened up the whole month of June to the passholders that are usually blacked out in June, which would be mostly the Florida resident passholders. I hope that doesn't increase the crowds too much.

Day five into our trip, we are moving from POP to the WL this morning. Great time so far! As everyone is reporting the crowds have really been manageable. We have seen lots of blue skies and only a little bit of rain in the evening hours. The heat will zap you quick so we have done our usual mid day back to the resort break. Having good luck with extra FPs. Ate at Y&Y for the first time is it is definitely a new favorite for us. The parks and restrooms feel kept up and clean. Buses have been pretty good too we have had a lot of walk on's and only a few long waits. Hope everyone's current and upcoming trips are as great as ours. Today is Donald's BDay so that's kinda cool that we get to be here for that. Tonight is 'Ohana and the MK. So looking forward to riding the boat over from the WL! Cheers fellow Disney lovers!

Ok so since I'm back in chilly, wet Chicagoland I'm ready to share my mini trip report. For the first time we did Universal first before Disney and it definitely felt different. We take breaks there as well and split the parks so start on one side, ride the Hogwarts Express over to the other park, do a few things, and go back to swim and chill for a bit. It was fun and seeing the new Hogwarts light show was great but we were ready to get to Disney. Maybe next time we'll do just two nights/three days there. If you do end up going over there, get some Voodoo Donuts. The ODB was fantastic.

Over at the Disney side of things, I feel like we had a great time and accomplished a whole lot. There were some really great highlights on this trip, we did flight of passage twice and it was still really incredible. We had a ton of rides on Everest, Splash Mountain, and Tower of Terror. All three are what I'd consider some of the best and well-themed rides at WDW. Seeing the finale of the HEA fireworks from Big Thunder was totally cool. I definitely want to repeat that experience but I know it won't happen on a night that has extra magic hours. The Poly beach was also a great place to watch the fireworks, assuming you don't mind having a running commentary behind you (more on that later).

The Polynesian was a fantastic "home base" and now I feel like we may not want to stay anywhere else. We had lots of amazing food. Tusker House breakfast (more brunch timing at 10:40) was amazing. By the time we got there and were seated there were two characters in the room so I ended up waiting for them while my son made his own plate. By the time I got food they were putting out some lunch stuff so I got to try both. And man it was so freakin' good. I tried both the chicken curry and the coconut curry shrimp with the rice and they were both really excellent. The couscous was a nice side with some bacon (probably not intended but whatever). That's definitely going on our repeat list. Captain Cook's (Poly QS) was also really solid. Those coconut curry meatballs were also really good (and Tikiman posted the recipe on his Facebook page so I'm totally gonna try it sometime). I know 'Ohana gets a really bad rap around the boards sometimes but it was incredible (for us) as usual. They really slowed down the pacing, which is kind of a bummer for me, I'm not one to linger at a table. I just wanted all that food right away. But I'm sure that's probably preferable to most people who dine there.

With all the good comes with a few downsides. While I felt the crowds for attractions were manageable and we were able to get enough additional fastpasses to do things. it also felt like the walkways were more congested than usual. There's always lots of people and strollers but I felt it a little more this time. I spent a ton of time dodging strollers and large families who would stop suddenly or hang out in the middle of the sidewalk. Eventually I just would tell my son to meet me at a particular place since it was a lot easier for him to get through the crowds without me trying to keep track of him (he's tiny and agile).

The heat zapped me on more than one occasion (more on that in a minute) and due to that, we didn't go to Epcot in the evening. Which was a total bummer, I love world showcase at night. But I can always look forward to doing that next time.

Also, there were a lot of inconsiderate people around. Especially during shows and fireworks. People have their phones out and going the whole time. Even though it's kind of a given at this point, it's still really annoying. I like to take a quick snap for my social media but honestly what's the point of trying to record the show on your iPhone? Go watch a YouTube recording, it'll look a lot better! Also, maybe it's just me, but why do people have to have loud, obnoxious conversations right behind me during Happily Ever After? I know we were on the Poly Beach and not in the park,so it's a little more informal, but it's hard enough to hear the music there sometimes. Why do you need a running commentary the whole time? Yes, that song is from Aladdin. And that other one is from Moana, good job recognizing it. Yes all the fireworks are pretty. Yeah I agree, that one was a heart. It became kind of a running joke between me and my son. Any time we'd see something mundane that looks pretty we'd be like "WOW LOOK AT THAT RED FLOWER THERE!" Not to mention, the woman burped loudly right in my ear. So gross. I guess I'm lucky they didn't stand in front of us, too.

Another downside was that we didn't really get to enjoy Disney Springs. That one's entirely on me because I tried to fit too much into one day by prebooking the Star Wars VOID VR experience in the afternoon instead of going to the pool. Bad idea, it hot there too of course! We probably should've relaxed at the resort for a bit before going over there. Once we got in there, I found out you can pretty easily walk in and get a time. I also found out those VR things are not for me, I had a mini panic attack once that visor went on my head, oops. I was definitely overheated, dehydrated, and overstimulated. They were amazing at getting me calmed down and out of there. I told my son just to go ahead and do it since he's fine with that kind of stuff. He said it was really fun but felt a little too short. He asked to do it again and maybe we can fit it in next time but we'll probably have to wait until next June. I'll be getting a drink while he does that...lol.

Even though overall we took lots of breaks I still felt pretty run down by the end of each day. Also I tweaked my knee earlier in the week and it was rough going a couple days but I pushed through. Those walkways in Animal Kingdom are so well themed it's tough to walk on with a bum knee. Of course my feet were also pretty sore too. I think next year when we go, I'll warn my friends that we will be taking lots of breaks and that we don't have to stay together 100% of the time. We can still accomplish a whole lot even if we rest every day. And I gotta work on getting my knees in better shape for next time. And maybe shedding some pounds would help that too.

Overall I think the moral of the story is: Listen to your body. It doesn't matter if Joe Schmoe and his family go from early morning to late night without a break every day for 7 days. If that's not you then it's not you. Drink lots of water, I had a water bottle at all times and still feel like I didn't have enough water. Also, plans change and be ready to do something different if the occasion calls for it. After that Disney Springs debacle, we just went back to the hotel, swam, had some QS dinner and it was just fine. Finally, just because something is popular or important here or in your facebook group or whatever doesn't mean you have to love it too. We're not show people so for us, staking out a spot for the fireworks every night is not something we care to do. I try to catch a show when we can, but I still don't always make it. One of these days I'll see Festival of the Lion King, or Fantasmic, or Rivers of Light (maybe).

Even though it's hot, sometimes it rains at inopportune times, people are obnoxious and rude, or the buses run behind. It's still a pretty magical place, only 116 days until we return to the Polynesian!

Ok so since I'm back in chilly, wet Chicagoland I'm ready to share my mini trip report. For the first time we did Universal first before Disney and it definitely felt different. We take breaks there as well and split the parks so start on one side, ride the Hogwarts Express over to the other park, do a few things, and go back to swim and chill for a bit. It was fun and seeing the new Hogwarts light show was great but we were ready to get to Disney. Maybe next time we'll do just two nights/three days there. If you do end up going over there, get some Voodoo Donuts. The ODB was fantastic.

Over at the Disney side of things, I feel like we had a great time and accomplished a whole lot. There were some really great highlights on this trip, we did flight of passage twice and it was still really incredible. We had a ton of rides on Everest, Splash Mountain, and Tower of Terror. All three are what I'd consider some of the best and well-themed rides at WDW. Seeing the finale of the HEA fireworks from Big Thunder was totally cool. I definitely want to repeat that experience but I know it won't happen on a night that has extra magic hours. The Poly beach was also a great place to watch the fireworks, assuming you don't mind having a running commentary behind you (more on that later).

The Polynesian was a fantastic "home base" and now I feel like we may not want to stay anywhere else. We had lots of amazing food. Tusker House breakfast (more brunch timing at 10:40) was amazing. By the time we got there and were seated there were two characters in the room so I ended up waiting for them while my son made his own plate. By the time I got food they were putting out some lunch stuff so I got to try both. And man it was so freakin' good. I tried both the chicken curry and the coconut curry shrimp with the rice and they were both really excellent. The couscous was a nice side with some bacon (probably not intended but whatever). That's definitely going on our repeat list. Captain Cook's (Poly QS) was also really solid. Those coconut curry meatballs were also really good (and Tikiman posted the recipe on his Facebook page so I'm totally gonna try it sometime). I know 'Ohana gets a really bad rap around the boards sometimes but it was incredible (for us) as usual. They really slowed down the pacing, which is kind of a bummer for me, I'm not one to linger at a table. I just wanted all that food right away. But I'm sure that's probably preferable to most people who dine there.

With all the good comes with a few downsides. While I felt the crowds for attractions were manageable and we were able to get enough additional fastpasses to do things. it also felt like the walkways were more congested than usual. There's always lots of people and strollers but I felt it a little more this time. I spent a ton of time dodging strollers and large families who would stop suddenly or hang out in the middle of the sidewalk. Eventually I just would tell my son to meet me at a particular place since it was a lot easier for him to get through the crowds without me trying to keep track of him (he's tiny and agile).

The heat zapped me on more than one occasion (more on that in a minute) and due to that, we didn't go to Epcot in the evening. Which was a total bummer, I love world showcase at night. But I can always look forward to doing that next time.

Also, there were a lot of inconsiderate people around. Especially during shows and fireworks. People have their phones out and going the whole time. Even though it's kind of a given at this point, it's still really annoying. I like to take a quick snap for my social media but honestly what's the point of trying to record the show on your iPhone? Go watch a YouTube recording, it'll look a lot better! Also, maybe it's just me, but why do people have to have loud, obnoxious conversations right behind me during Happily Ever After? I know we were on the Poly Beach and not in the park,so it's a little more informal, but it's hard enough to hear the music there sometimes. Why do you need a running commentary the whole time? Yes, that song is from Aladdin. And that other one is from Moana, good job recognizing it. Yes all the fireworks are pretty. Yeah I agree, that one was a heart. It became kind of a running joke between me and my son. Any time we'd see something mundane that looks pretty we'd be like "WOW LOOK AT THAT RED FLOWER THERE!" Not to mention, the woman burped loudly right in my ear. So gross. I guess I'm lucky they didn't stand in front of us, too.

Another downside was that we didn't really get to enjoy Disney Springs. That one's entirely on me because I tried to fit too much into one day by prebooking the Star Wars VOID VR experience in the afternoon instead of going to the pool. Bad idea, it hot there too of course! We probably should've relaxed at the resort for a bit before going over there. Once we got in there, I found out you can pretty easily walk in and get a time. I also found out those VR things are not for me, I had a mini panic attack once that visor went on my head, oops. I was definitely overheated, dehydrated, and overstimulated. They were amazing at getting me calmed down and out of there. I told my son just to go ahead and do it since he's fine with that kind of stuff. He said it was really fun but felt a little too short. He asked to do it again and maybe we can fit it in next time but we'll probably have to wait until next June. I'll be getting a drink while he does that...lol.

Even though overall we took lots of breaks I still felt pretty run down by the end of each day. Also I tweaked my knee earlier in the week and it was rough going a couple days but I pushed through. Those walkways in Animal Kingdom are so well themed it's tough to walk on with a bum knee. Of course my feet were also pretty sore too. I think next year when we go, I'll warn my friends that we will be taking lots of breaks and that we don't have to stay together 100% of the time. We can still accomplish a whole lot even if we rest every day. And I gotta work on getting my knees in better shape for next time. And maybe shedding some pounds would help that too.

Overall I think the moral of the story is: Listen to your body. It doesn't matter if Joe Schmoe and his family go from early morning to late night without a break every day for 7 days. If that's not you then it's not you. Drink lots of water, I had a water bottle at all times and still feel like I didn't have enough water. Also, plans change and be ready to do something different if the occasion calls for it. After that Disney Springs debacle, we just went back to the hotel, swam, had some QS dinner and it was just fine. Finally, just because something is popular or important here or in your facebook group or whatever doesn't mean you have to love it too. We're not show people so for us, staking out a spot for the fireworks every night is not something we care to do. I try to catch a show when we can, but I still don't always make it. One of these days I'll see Festival of the Lion King, or Fantasmic, or Rivers of Light (maybe).

Even though it's hot, sometimes it rains at inopportune times, people are obnoxious and rude, or the buses run behind. It's still a pretty magical place, only 116 days until we return to the Polynesian!
I am glad you had a good trip! Slightly jealous you get to return

1/2 way through our trip- onsite Disney part over. The Fort was a ton of fun, and we loved having a golf cart.AK day was fun- I got some solo to,e as fam wanted to sleep in- I went at open and did FotLK, EE (single rider- had the best time in line!) and moseyed through Gorilla falls trail. The baby gorillas were out and the 4 year old was hilarious, kept getting his brother to try to play. Did FoP with the gam, dinosaur and KS with FP. Rained hard before KS FP and lightly sprinkling during the safari. Animals were pretty active though, and kept standing in the road! Closest I've ever seen so many animals (bison and giraffes so close could have almost touched them). We called it a night as rain picked back up.
Currently sitting on cocoa beach- gorgeous day! Back to Orlando tomorrow night meeting family for dinner, onto offsite portion at our condo at Marriott Cypress Harbour and Universal heavy portion. Thinking Uni in mornings, Disney in evenings depending on where we can get FP. Still want to see Up bird show at DAK. Had Toy Story FP for yesterday morning but we were tired and kind of disneyed out so I cancelled them. Went to lunch and t Disney Springs instead before heading to beach. Need these two days to recharge before this week!

Happy Saturday and safe travels for those still coming or those having to leave. Enjoy the pretty weather today for those here! My son currently loving the beach

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2
Just an update for other June travelers. The crowds have been very manageable with smart fast passing, rope drop etc. we haven't waited more than 25 mins for a single ride and that was for maybe three rides. Basically zigging when others are zagging. Late night last night and early morning today and we ended up ready to leave at 3:00 and cancelled Pirates FP as we had already been on it once this trip. I have had success with refreshing app for Fp search in terms of times available. Drastic changes with just three refreshes. Less luck with rides already depleted before Day began. Have felt sad at how many people are waiting in long lines and I doubt it was necessary every time. Mobile order has been awesome in some locations but chaotic at Aloha Isles. I have noticed a trend that wait times posted are longer than they ended up being. Sometimes ten minutes and sometimes 20. Frozen said 45 and we were on a boat in 20. So far an amazing trip. One more day at Animal Kingdom and then the post Disney blues will hit. I don't see us coming back for some time so it will be a sad goodbye. Hope everyone else is enjoying their trip and for others the anticipation of what is to come.
Enjoy the rest of your trip and thanks for the update. This time next week, we’ll be enjoying Disney!

Mini trip report for June travelers:
We stayed offsite at Hilton Disney Springs for six nights June 3-9
As another poster said, walkways did at times feel crowded but we actually never waited more than 25/30 mins for any ride. And most waits were less than 15 mins for us. Not a drop of rain for us while in the parks. Last night a big storm came but we had already left AK for the day. Mid day around 1-4 gets pretty hot. Take breaks or do lots of indoor attractions. Having 60 day FP booking was very helpful. Rope dropping AK we got there at 7:30 for 8:00 EMH and the crowd wasn't bad at all. We continue to love Sci-fi and Sunshine Seasons. I loved Tusker House character meal. Satuli Canteen was so delicious! Entire family loved Mama Melrose it would just have been better for dinner than lunch. Using 60 day FP for busy rides, extra fast passes, refreshing app, rope dropping and riding less busy indoor attractions during hot times we were pleased. Wait times were often inflated. Had never been on Frozen and was willing to wait the 40 mins but it was a 20/25 minute wait. We loved Fantasmic as usual and had a fun engaged crowd. Dinner package viewing was excellent. We decided to skip fireworks in MK and enjoyed seeing them from Fantasy land while riding Dumbo. Very magical and no crowds. I will say that my 16 year old daughter is a human compass and can navigate the parks insanely well. We were in middle section of Fantasmic and darted out of that park ahead of the crowd. Know your parks before you go. It helps so much to stay ahead of and away from the pack. I don't see us coming back for a couple of years. My husband isn't the Disney lover that we are. I am beyond thankful to have had this vacation with my teenagers. Thanks for all the magic Disney. I know they will remember it for the rest of their lives. Happy travels everyone!

My family of 3 will be there 17th June - 8th July staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages (Owners) and I'm so glad we're finally in single digits! Stressing about how much we've still got to do though! This holiday can't come fast enough!

I am glad you had a good trip! Slightly jealous you get to return

Thank you! Based on your report I can happily say I am not married therefore I can run the show ;) But we do take some short weekend trips and my son goes to Memphis a lot to see family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter