***Official June 2018***

Arrived around 3 today. It has been magical! Asked for ground level, water view, and refurbished room. Got all three plus near a bus stop, view of pool and lake, and it was a corner room so two windows! Ordered groceries and food to be delivered and it was delivered in less than an hour. Now on bus to the Mgic Kingdom! Ready for a great week!

We leave in three days. :)

You'll find a lot of changes at the WL. There is a new Old Faithful Club on the 7th floor, which is bigger and better. I had a tour of it last year. You can find out more information about the WL by checking the facts thread. If you go back far enough you will find pictures of the club level offerings.

The new villas pool is great. We really like the new pool. Geyser Point is the new open air restaurant and we love that restaurant. We will stop there for a meal or a drink even when we are staying at a different resort. Roaring Forks has been remodeled with a nice, expanded outdoor eating area.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...villas-and-cabins-information-thread.3372315/

I read that they opened up the whole month of June to the passholders that are usually blacked out in June, which would be mostly the Florida resident passholders. I hope that doesn't increase the crowds too much.

Thank you Wood Nymph! Have a wonderful trip!

Really cannot wait. We start our journey on June 16th as we start driving from upstate New York. We have planned a stop in North Carolina for the night and then proceed to St. Augustine for fathers day. Will spend some time at the beach. Leave Monday morning for a first stop at disney.

Really cannot wait. We start our journey on June 16th as we start driving from upstate New York. We have planned a stop in North Carolina for the night and then proceed to St. Augustine for fathers day. Will spend some time at the beach. Leave Monday morning for a first stop at disney.

Sounds like a great trip! If you have time...take A1A from St. Augustine to the Daytona Area before cutting inland to Orlando. Great drive and your views of the Ocean are well worth it. The children will love the pelicans they see along the way! Be safe!

Update on crowds- Magic Kingdom today was nuts. Long waits without FP and hard to get fastpasses as extra. Waits built quickly after about 10 am. Still had great time. Did space mountain, peoplemover twice, pirates, big thunder, Astro orbiter, Laugh floor, Peter Pan, CoP, Buzz light year. If we rushed we could have done more, but was too hot and crowded. More FP were available in evening but we headed out around 4.
Usual afternoon/early evening showers continue and is welcome respite from heat actually.

We were at Disney 6/3-6/7 for a mostly resort only trip. We did Top of the World Lounge Sunday night for HEA, we did WCC and HDDR on Monday, MK with a PPO and a dinner at BOG Tuesday, then DS and Sanaa on Wednesday with lots of pool and resort time thrown in. Thursday we went to the outlet and then drove to see friends in Pensacola Beach. We stayed with them two nights and drove home Saturday. All in all, it was a fun trip but I’m a Parks girl at heart so I was missing the normal magic. Though being at Disney was better than being home! I’ll probably do a full trip report so I’ll post the link here once I start. We are headed back in October so currently we have a countdown of 114 days!

16 real days, 12 work days. I am so ready to go. my wife and I got new luggage for our 19th anniversary. The old luggage we had was each of ours before we got married. My daughter will have been gone 3 weeks and then come back 3 days before we leave and my mother has a dr appt for tendonitis the day before we leave so it will be a busy week! Time to start packing now and making dollar tree runs.

5 moe days! I'm at the point where time is really dragging its feet. Grades have been finished, the kids get out early and all I'm left with is time. So, so excited for this trip! I know its kind of early, but the weather is looking pretty reasonable for next week. My suitcase is (almost) completely packed and I just need to add a few things and then pack my carry-on.

15 DAYS, 11 WORK DAYS, and my mother decided to take off the walking boot and soft cast herself yesterday because it was messing with her back, woohoo! Love drama before the trip!

5 MORE SLEEPS. Haven't packed yet. My boyfriend keeps saying I'm nuts everytime I say I'm about to start packing because apparently it's still too early. :confused: Meanwhile I've been staring at my suitcase every day after work cause I'm ITCHING TO GET STARTED. Oh well. It's probably better to put it off- just adds to the excitement. Today starts all the hustle and bustle though! I'll be clearing out my camera tonight and finding all my camera batteries and cords. I'll also start downloading a few things from Netflix to watch on the plane. Tomorrow evening we go see Incredibles 2. I'm really hoping the movie is as good as it's hyped up to be! Friday evening we have a mani/pedi appointment for all of us ladies going on the trip. Saturday is packing/laundry/shopping/clean the house day! :cheer2: And Sunday we're splitting the day between my bf's dad and my dad for Father's Day. It's supposed to be in the 90s here in Chicago so it should be a good day to spend outside and get that vacation base tan! Monday we both work a few hours in the morning and 11am starts the vacay! Can't come soon enough! Being this busy will hopefully make time go by faster. If only I had this much work to do at work everyday to make those hours go faster. (Hence why I'm here!)

We’ve been here since last Saturday. Did MK on Sun and Tues, Epcot on Mon. This is our first WDW trip. Hated Epcot with the exception of Via Napoli and the Voices of Liberty. Future World feels like walking through an 80s industrial park in Silicon Valley.

Favorites from MK so far:
7 Dwarfs Mine Train - got to ride it twice yesterday!
Splash Mtn - better than at Disneyland
BTMRR - ride is longer and faster than DL. The queue is better, too.
Peoplemover
Philharmagic - my kids really loved it. I thought it was neat, too.
The ferry boat guy who imitated Donald Duck’s voice for my kids.

Other cool stuff so far:
Hoop Dee Doo - went on Sunday. Our whole family loved it. LOVE this show. Love Ft Wilderness. Want to do a trail ride on our next trip.
Running into Goofy this afternoon at All Star Music

Not so cool stuff:
MK attain wasn’t running after fireworks last night. A little frustrating
It takes forever to get places around here. I expected this but it’s one thing to read about it and another thing to experience it for yourself! Lol. We’ve been spoiled by our 10 min walks from hotel to Disneyland main gate. Haha!
A mom slammed her stroller into my ODD’s foot and said nothing. Rude
Hardly any shade in Epcot. Like one gigantic heat island. All of the attractions far apart from each other.
Figment - what an awful ride! Now I know why it’s reviled by everyone. And the interactive play area after it? More than half of that stuff wasn’t working. Pathetic. Especially if you had young children.
YDD said that’s she thought Epcot was pretty much all about eating and shopping. I agree!
No Disney-ish greeting when we checked in to All Star Music. Told them on the reservation that it’s our first visit. Told the CM that at check in. He didn’t even say welcome or anything. Didn’t offer First Visit buttons. Didn’t ask if we were celebrating anything special.
Most CMs are different here. Like it’s more of a drudgery job clocking in and clocking out. Not even saying hello or anything. This was with many CMs over 3 days so far at 2 parks. By and large, though, it’s better at MK than at Epcot. Got First Visit buttons at the Emporium on Main Street on Sunday. It wasn’t until yesterday morning (after being here 4 days) that any CM acknowledged it (an All Star Music lifeguard who we were walking past)

Also, went on the 3 Caballeros ride in Mexico in Epcot. This has the potential to be a cool ride but I think it uses way too many TV screens.

Was looking forward to seeing Norway since my grandmother was of Norwegian anscestry. The Norway gift shop was disappointing. No tomte or nisse for sale. Just those lame looking trolls which, in my opinion, don’t reflect the look of the Norwegian trolls that I grew up with in Grandma’s house. Didn’t get on the Frozen ride.

Went on Test Track and it’s faster than RSR at California Adventure. But I didn’t like seeing the parking lot on the outside part of the ride. And the vehicle customizations were fun but I don’t understand the purpose of it because none of it showed up on anything. We enjoyed it though.

There have been a couple of stand out CMs. I left a thank you for them yesterday at City Hall yesterday evening. And the City Hall CM gave us any time any attractions FP for that day at MK...that’s how we ended up on he mine train a second time!

Touring Plans has been very beneficial. We waited no more than 20 min for any single ride yesterday. Same thing on Sunday. Same for the few rides we got on in Epcot.

Today is a rest day. We are from AZ but OMG this humidity is something fierce. The Frogg Toggs we brought with us have been useless in the humidity. I have sweat more here in 4 days than I have back home! Hahaha! Best “beat the heat” stuff so far:

Body glide on your feet and any other parts prone to chafing
My ugly Teva sandals
Hand held fans from Cost Plus Imports
The $20 battery operated fan I bought when YDD’s battery operated one from home died

Missing Disney already. I hope everyone has an amazing trip. We won’t be going back until summer 2020.
We are thinking 2021, although planning Disneyland Paris in 2020. Hoping for a last trip in August before APs expire.
No Disney-ish greeting when we checked in to All Star Music. Told them on the reservation that it’s our first visit. Told the CM that at check in. He didn’t even say welcome or anything. Didn’t offer First Visit buttons. Didn’t ask if we were celebrating anything special.
I'm so sorry, some of our best welcomes have been at the values! Our Sports check in CM in March was awesome! Also thank you (as the mom of a DCP CM) for leaving the hanks to the CMs. They do get those delivered and it mean so a lot to them.
Was looking forward to seeing Norway since my grandmother was of Norwegian anscestry. The Norway gift shop was disappointing. No tomte or nisse for sale. Just those lame looking trolls which, in my opinion, don’t reflect the look of the Norwegian trolls that I grew up with in Grandma’s house. Didn’t get on the Frozen rid
I hear ya! At least the lefse was as I remembered from my childhood!! Unfortunately no one else in my family gets my love of lefse:rotfl:. You didn't miss much with Frozen ride. Preferred the old non frozen version.

We upgraded our Universal tickets to passes- I was thinking seasonal, but DH went wild and we are now Premier AP. Guess we will be back just not to Disney lol!

Another great day- some scattered dark clouds right now but no rain(as of now). Did Universal studios this am, hanging at pool before we go back. Staying this week at Marriott Cypress Harbour villas- we love this place.
Tomorrow is at least a partial Disney day- we have tickets to Incredeibles 2 at Springs tomorrow evening, and still have to use the groupon for the balloon thingy there, plus meeting a college friend tomorrow. At some point I'd like to get back to AK to see the new UP show. We leave Saturday (although we've got the condo til Sunday...it's a long drive home.).

Happy travels for those coming this week!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter