***Official June 2018***

Updated the first post with some Flower & Garden info and the newly released DVC Moonlight Magic info for May 30th and June 11!

Updated the first post with some Flower & Garden info and the newly released DVC Moonlight Magic info for May 30th and June 11!
FINALLY!!! A Moonlight Magic event we can actually attend!!!!! Just marked my calendar for April 16 to get in on Typhoon Lagoon on the 11th!!!

FINALLY!!! A Moonlight Magic event we can actually attend!!!!! Just marked my calendar for April 16 to get in on Typhoon Lagoon on the 11th!!!

I'm thinking of the May 30th one myself. Of course, that's our arrival day, and we were planning to stay at Universal but plans are made to be changed!

I'm thinking of the May 30th one myself. Of course, that's our arrival day, and we were planning to stay at Universal but plans are made to be changed!
The 12th is our departure date, and I'd hoped we'd have time to make a quick run to HS so the kiddo could get in one last ToT fix. But I'm NOW hoping he'll have ridden it enough that he'll be okay with a late night and sleeping in!

The 12th is our departure date, and I'd hoped we'd have time to make a quick run to HS so the kiddo could get in one last ToT fix. But I'm NOW hoping he'll have ridden it enough that he'll be okay with a late night and sleeping in!

ToT is my son's favorite too! Clearly they need to experience this ride together ;)

We SHOULD meet up!!! The kiddo loves meeting people at WDW, especially fellow ToT aficionados!!! :thumbsup2

Yes! We'll have to coordinate for sure! I know we'll be at HS on June 7th as that's our last day and for similar reasons we always have to go to HS on the last day!

That's definitely doable! As it stands, we'd be transferring from POR to BWI (or YC, depending on what deals I can get) that day, and though the original plan was to go to MK, we could certainly switch it up!!! How old is your guy?

That's definitely doable! As it stands, we'd be transferring from POR to BWI (or YC, depending on what deals I can get) that day, and though the original plan was to go to MK, we could certainly switch it up!!! How old is your guy?

He'll be 12 by that point so if I remember right, they'd be around the same age.

Add our crew to the roll call - Me, DW, DS15, DS6, Mom, brother and his wife. June 9-16 in a grand villa at OKW

edited to add: I just spoke to Mom and the crowd seems to have grown (possibly)
Definites - Me, DW, DS15 DS6 and Mom
Possibles - Nephew, his wife and their son, brother and his wife, Niece and her boyfriend and a cousin...we may need to get another room!

Last edited:
Has anybody done the Star Wars dessert party at HS? We've done the MK dessert party and I think my daughter would love this as she is a Star Wars fan.

We did the party in January. My mother, who has never seen a Star Wars movie in her life, loved Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. The desserts were better than I anticipated so that was a plus. The big draw is not having to wait to get a perfect spot for the show. With a party that size (only three of us) I would definitely do it again.

Add our crew to the roll call - Me, DW, DS15, DS6, Mom, brother and his wife. June 9-16 in a grand villa at OKW

edited to add: I just spoke to Mom and the crowd seems to have grown (possibly)
Definites - Me, DW, DS15 DS6 and Mom
Possibles - Nephew, his wife and their son, brother and his wife, Niece and her boyfriend and a cousin...we may need to get another room!

Wow you've got quite the crew going! Better get them set up ;)

Any new updates about Toy Story Land? We are looking at going either May 31- June 16 or June 15-30.
It will be myself (54), husband (57), son (11) (step-grandson but we have had custody of him since he was 9 months old) my youngest stepson (34), his wife (33) and 2 daughters (10 & 8). Don't think my middle stepson is going so trying to decide if him & his ex pay expenses whether to take their daughter (10). NOT taking the 18 month old! We can't pay for her since we aren't paying the other 2 granddaughters expenses.

Last trip for myself, DH & DS11 was in July 2013. DS34 was when he was in middle school. DIL, DGD(10) & DGD(8) haven't been before! Other DGD (10) has been to MK couple of times.

Since we will be doing several other things we are staying off site at Legacy Dunes in 4 bedroom condo (both dates still available) We stayed here in 2013 and didn't mind paying to park and it's really close to Disney! It's also much cheaper on us!

Planning 5 day Disney, 1 day Universal (park to park), 1 day Sea World, 1 day deep sea fishing, 1 day Gatorland, beach time, visiting relatives, and still looking at other attractions. If we go 15-30 we will be there for DH birthday so thinking we will do something special for dinner that night. Suggestions???

Up bright and early at 5am central time to make my ADRs and for everything I be wanted! BOG dinner, Tusker house breakfast, chef Mickey's breakfast, homecoming at DS, via Napoli, Disney jr breakfast at Hollywood and Vine, CRT dinner, and boma breakfast! There were lots of times available for all of these!

Hopefully everyone is having good luck finding the ADRs they want! I was in Atlanta this past weekend for a wedding but thanks to a super early flight I was up and ready to make ADRs yesterday morning when my window opened. Of course I'll probably change my mind a few different times but I'm glad I have that 'Ohana dinner and Be Our Guest lunch that can be a pain to find again!

I will book bright and early in the AM. Our trip is short - 4 nights - with one Park day so I don’t have too much to book. BOG dinner on our third night, Hoop Dee Doo on our 2nd night, Sanaa on our 4th night. I think I’ll book WCC for breakfast one AM but am not sure if we will keep it or not. I also want to book EMM but it is not scheduled for my week....yet??

I was able to wake up early and get all the ADRs I was looking for. Raglan Road (first night tradition), Boma, Yak &Yeti, and BoG were all must haves and had the times I was hoping to get. I must say I was far more excited than the rest of my family. I love that now I have more of a plan set and will be able to tweak my FP+ ideas into more of a set time frame. Just waiting for April now. :banana:

Got all my ADRs yesterday except for one. For some reason it looks like Teppan Edo isn't available for booking after June 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter