***Official June 2019***

I can tell you from experience it's great to be there on your birthday and nothing wrong with planning that next trip. Now you have lots to look forward to!

I was lucky enough to get to be in Disneyland on my birthday last year and it was wonderful, but WDW is my happy place. Cannot wait!

Renting DVC for the first time June 23-30 at Boulder Ridge! We normally go in November, so I'm nervous about Disney in the Summer. But we can't pull my oldest out of school anymore. :( Still excited to head back, regardless of the heat! And super excited to be staying at WL!!!

My tentative dates are 6/21 - 7/2. 14 nights was too much for DH and DD this summer (not for me!) so 11 is the most I can get out of them. I haven't decided on a resort yet, I'm waiting on the TA exclusives to come out. What I'm thinking is 3 nights POFQ (would be new to us) and 8 at AKL. I'm anxious to get something booked!

I just had my TA book us June 1-8 at Pop Century. My daughter has been wanting to stay there and check it out thanks to YouTube. My friend and her son will also be joining us on this trip so we are super excited.

Today I'm gonna work on getting the first post all together and the traveler's log. Welcome all who joined so far! Guess I gotta stop being lazy now :rotfl:

Edit: Ok I think I have everyone so far, please let me know if anything changes or if I missed you!

Last edited:
Hi gang!

It's been 3 years since I've been to Disney. Back then we went in March during spring break. Since I wasn't used to having the same spring break as my son since I teach in one county and he goes to school in the one we live in, I decided to surprise him with a summer Disney trip. What's better June or July? My birthday is July, but since hubby isn't coming, I don't really want to celebrate in Disney without him. I think it will be June, so what's better late June or early June? I guess I should look to see when the FL resident rates kick in, yes?

We just got back home from our late August trip and are now planning for next June, dates TBD. All I know is we're going in June for a mother/daughter short trip along with her Pom team for their Nationals competition, just the two of us for the first time ever! But, we're the two Disney nuts in the family so it will be a blast!

Hi gang!

It's been 3 years since I've been to Disney. Back then we went in March during spring break. Since I wasn't used to having the same spring break as my son since I teach in one county and he goes to school in the one we live in, I decided to surprise him with a summer Disney trip. What's better June or July? My birthday is July, but since hubby isn't coming, I don't really want to celebrate in Disney without him. I think it will be June, so what's better late June or early June? I guess I should look to see when the FL resident rates kick in, yes?

Apparently I am not subscribed to this thread! Sorry I didn't answer. I am partial to June but it would seem historical wait times are showing that technically July is shorter. Personally, I think either is fine as long as you don't mind some heat. Let me know if you end up booking in June and want to join in.

We just got back home from our late August trip and are now planning for next June, dates TBD. All I know is we're going in June for a mother/daughter short trip along with her Pom team for their Nationals competition, just the two of us for the first time ever! But, we're the two Disney nuts in the family so it will be a blast!

A mother/daughter trip sounds just perfect, especially if you're the bigger disney fans in the house. Let me know when you decide on dates and I'll add you

We just booked for June 24th to July 3rd at PORFQ. Really hoping for some sort of discount or may have to change resorts!

Welcome! I know POFQ is usually excluded from discounts but you never know! Wishing you best of luck on that waiting game, lol

I've finally received the dates for the summer that my daughter will definitely not have dance commitments, so it looks like early June for us this year - 6/5 - 6/16 (unless I can talk DH into more nights! Unlikely but a girl can dream right haha) We've only gone late June but I'm assuming crowds will? It feels good to finally have the dates nailed down! Now just waiting for my TA's discounts so we can pick our resorts and get something booked!

I've finally received the dates for the summer that my daughter will definitely not have dance commitments, so it looks like early June for us this year - 6/5 - 6/16 (unless I can talk DH into more nights! Unlikely but a girl can dream right haha) We've only gone late June but I'm assuming crowds will? It feels good to finally have the dates nailed down! Now just waiting for my TA's discounts so we can pick our resorts and get something booked!

Your dates are updated! Let me know once you get your resort booked out. I'd be surprised if the crowds were much different. Things might be lighter for a couple reasons. One is that a lot of northeastern schools are still in session. Also, the Silver and below annual passes start getting blacked out on June 3rd and that does help. Of course that can change but I wouldn't worry much about it.

Your dates are updated! Let me know once you get your resort booked out. I'd be surprised if the crowds were much different. Things might be lighter for a couple reasons. One is that a lot of northeastern schools are still in session. Also, the Silver and below annual passes start getting blacked out on June 3rd and that does help. Of course that can change but I wouldn't worry much about it.

Thanks! Hopefully it'll be soon!!! I didn't think about schools still being in session in June. Schools here are out before Memorial Day.

Yeah thats how ours are too. I think they start later up there so it's all kinds of weird.
Ours are in session the week of Memorial Day, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Three day weekend, then expecting the kids to focus for four days before releasing them for the summer? Not cool. And you'd be amazed how many teachers schedule tests.

Ours are in session the week of Memorial Day, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Three day weekend, then expecting the kids to focus for four days before releasing them for the summer? Not cool. And you'd be amazed how many teachers schedule tests.

So ridiculous, and I would not be surprised at all. To be fair we have those days after Memorial day reserved in case of snow but they so rarely close for that I don't consider it. Even if they did, sorry we're busy lol.

So ridiculous, and I would not be surprised at all. To be fair we have those days after Memorial day reserved in case of snow but they so rarely close for that I don't consider it. Even if they did, sorry we're busy lol.
Last year we started way late because of Harvey, THEN wound up having snow days. At one point, they were making noises about a make up day on Monday, the 4th of June. And I laughed and laughed and laughed because NOPE. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Last year we started way late because of Harvey, THEN wound up having snow days. At one point, they were making noises about a make up day on Monday, the 4th of June. And I laughed and laughed and laughed because NOPE. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

LOL yeah that's a big no! Let it go guys. School IS important but it's not everything.

Well, I couldn't stand it anymore. Everyone around me was going on Disney trips and I wasn't, so I booked one! Looks like we are going June 2 through the 8th. I booked a room only reservation at POFQ. Hoping to possibly get a discount, but looking forward to staying at a moderate. We've only done Value resorts in the past. Our last trip was in January of this year. We stayed at All star music in the Jazz section. We were so far from the food court and transportation that we hated to have to trek up there when we needed to. Hoping that a smaller resort will help us enjoy our stay. It will be me and my 12 year old son-my dh is not a Disney fan. However, my sister in law and brother's family may end up going at the same time, so that would be fun. Looking forward to counting down with you guys. I've never booked a trip so far in advance. I may drive myself crazy with over planning!

You will LOVE POFQ!!! All the rooms have been renovated, food court is the BOMB (um, in terms of food, which is MOST important!!! (day-cor isn't what you'd hope, but it's not THAT critical)), pool is STINKIN' cute, you can go to POR if you need a change of pool scenery, and the grounds are GORGEOUS. Keep an eye on the POR schedules, and trek over to see Yee-Haw Bob at River Roost if you have time. SOOOO worth the trip!!!! :love::love::love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!