*** Official June 2020 ***

We have a June 6th-13th trip planned. It was originally half DCL but we cancelled that way back in early February. Hows everyone feeling about going in early June? If there are open, is it a good idea to go? Will it be super crowded? Will the parks be open with many activities not functioning?

We have a June 6th-13th trip planned. It was originally half DCL but we cancelled that way back in early February. Hows everyone feeling about going in early June? If there are open, is it a good idea to go? Will it be super crowded? Will the parks be open with many activities not functioning?
Our current position is we are going. We are booked 5/30-6/7 and also have a plan b of 6/1-6/9. We are APs and have several trips planned this year so even if its not running at full capacity, we will still go.

UGH - we have decided to hold on to our June 13-20 trip. With DS going off to college in Aug and supposedly working as a camp counselor all summer, we don't (think) we'd have any other time to reschedule our trip until December. At this time I really don't want to go in December..I want the world to go back to it's "healthy" self and go in June...😪😪

I'll have to wait and see if DS's summer camp job happens because if they have to close for the summer or modify their schedule it might free up some other time we can go but I'll have to wait and see. Im not usually a "wait and see" kinda person so this is killing me! :headache::headache:

I do realize Im not the only one in this situation so I'm trying not to whine too much...

I'm booked for the last weekend in June as of now. Due to some personal reasons, I wouldn't be able to go much later in the year than that/ early July so hoping it opens and it's safe to go!

We’ve pushed back from first week of June to June 22-28. Fingers crossed it will be fully open and safe. Who knows at this point.

We pushed our May trip back to the end of June. Currently planning June 19-28 with a split stay between Animal Kingdom - Kidani and Caribbean Beach.

With all of the Animal Kingdom After Hours being cancelled for May, what are the odds they are going to release more dates for June? I was really hoping to be able to go during our June trip!

I was worried about crowds, but as it seems more likely the parks will not reopen until June I am feeling more confident the crowds will not be too bad. However, I am worried about if things will be in full working order. We have breakfast at Akershus and it would be sad if we didn't get to have our breakfast with the princesses.

Our room (DVC rental) and airfare is already paid for and non refundable so if the resorts are open by 6/19 AND American Airlines is flying from ORD/MCO and FL wont put my family in quarantine other than being on the WDW resort, then we will go on our trip even if the parks are still closed.

My dad and his wife tested positive yesterday (after waiting 12 days for results) but are on the mend so they are our 2 highest risk for our trip.

My dads wife's daughter who is also supposed to come with us is a nurse in Chicago so there is a chance that she will not be able to come with.

My wife is the next highest risk as a cancer survivor who's chemo was toxic to her lungs, so she may just stay at the hotel even if the WDW parks are open. Though she loves HP so I would bet that she would still go to one of our 2-3 days at Universal.

Looking at the current state of Central Florida today it would be a miracle of biblical proportions for WDW to open up in June Im afraid. We will keep our reservations since they are room only and see what happens!

I couldn't agree more Brett. I don't see the parks opening by the time my family heads down on June 3. Although, today when I booked my fast passes, I had trouble getting what I wanted on two of my days. We can all hope for the best.

Anyone else traveling in June for Dance The World? As of now they claim its still on. IF parks reopen do you think they will still be running parades or stage shows? Alot of families have paid alot of money for these types of trips and waiting till last minute to know whats going on is tough.

ARGH!!! I woke up this morning to my flight into MCO changed!! We had a 6am non-stop flight on SW getting us into MCO at 7:50am and now I have a 7am flight with a layover in ATL and don't get there until 10:45am. It looks like SW went from ~12 flights for the day and dropped down to 4!! I guess it's better than nothing and that's only IF we get to go.

and DH is still pondering if he wants us to even fly or if we should drive - and he HATES to drive, but even tho we live in NC its only about a 10 hr drive....

I'm ready for life to go back to pre-virus!

:headache: :headache:

Last edited:
ARGH!!! I woke up this morning to my flight into MCO changed!! We had a 6am non-stop flight on SW getting us into MCO at 7:50am and now I have a 7am flight with a layover in ATL and don't get there until 10:45am. It looks like SW went from ~12 flights for the day and dropped down to 4!! I guess it's better than nothing and that's only IF we get to go.

and DH is still pondering if he wants us to even fly or if we should drive - and he HATES to drive, but even tho we lie in NC its only about a 10 hr drive....

Can I ask what dates you have? I’ve heard of SW doing this to others in June as well but our dates still show the full listing of flights and we haven’t received anything changing or canceling ours...

Can I ask what dates you have? I’ve heard of SW doing this to others in June as well but our dates still show the full listing of flights and we haven’t received anything changing or canceling ours...
We are June 13-20th.....out of RDU to MCO...

and we still have the non-stop flight home on the 20th..

AND the point value of the flight to MCO was less than 6k yesterday, and now it's OVER 20k points!! CRAZY!!!

I just looked at options for our flights in June, we have credit with Frontier from the cancelled March trip, and the options for flights stink! They have taken out a bunch of days so this is less likely that our June trip will work like I want. If we still want to go in June I'm going to have to change our reservation dates because of the flight options! UGH.

I just looked at options for our flights in June, we have credit with Frontier from the cancelled March trip, and the options for flights stink! They have taken out a bunch of days so this is less likely that our June trip will work like I want. If we still want to go in June I'm going to have to change our reservation dates because of the flight options! UGH.
I am so upset with Frontier, but more myself because I knew it was risky.
I had booked with them as well in March. Nonstop flights. Now that I am trying to use my vouchers, there are no longer any nonstop flights, and all flights are 10-20 hr flights.
I booked cheap flights with Delta for June, and hope that I'll find flights with Frontier at a later date. :(
Lesson learned...

I had booked with them as well in March. Nonstop flights. Now that I am trying to use my vouchers, there are no longer any nonstop flights, and all flights are 10-20 hr flights.
I booked cheap flights with Delta for June, and hope that I'll find flights with Frontier at a later date. :(
Lesson learned...
Lesson learned...
I looked at southwest, the only other option for nonstop for us, flights for June were limited there too and over $350/person! Southwest does have better return/change policies then all the other airlines but I just didn't want to commit.

I looked at southwest, the only other option for nonstop for us, flights for June were limited there too and over $350/person! Southwest does have better return/change policies then all the other airlines but I just didn't want to commit.
I got great prices back in March for my June flights, and they have no change fees, which I am sure I'll be changing to our August back up to our back up. I don't like layovers, but I jumped on the prices. 🤷‍♀️
Hopefully Frontier will have some non stops for later before my 90 day window closes. I will not fly a 10 hr flight, let alone a 20. 😡

I truly miss Disney being open, regardless if I am there. I cannot wait until we are finally back to a "normal".

I always got a bit emotional when I arrived to Disney, I apologize now to anyone who may be around me when I finally get back there. I fear it will be 😭...

and DH is still pondering if he wants us to even fly or if we should drive - and he HATES to drive, but even tho we live in NC its only about a 10 hr drive....

Yesterday morning I received an email from Frontier that they were changing times for both of my flights. The flight down was changed from 6am to 8:30am, not too bad as we don't have anything planned for that day until 7pm. It was the return flight that was changed from 8pm to 5:30pm. With a 5:30pm flight, ME picks up at 2:30pm and we have Beaches & Cream reservations at 1pm. Even if they run on time that would be cutting it extremely close. I was able to move both flights around so that we are coming in and back to different airport that worked better for us and it only cost an additional $40. Not too bad. Here's to hoping Disney is open for June 19th and Frontier doesn't change my new flights around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter