**Official March 2018 Thread**

What's your favorite way to relax at Walt Disney World?

• Total voters
Hi peeps! I just cancelled 5 fast passes for 7 dwarfs mine train for tomorrow. I wonder if anyone can pick them up?

We leave next Monday! The next three workdays are going to be endless! How have you been passing the time until your trip?

Also, talk me off a cliff - I've got what I'm pretty sure is an optimized touring plan and great FastPasses, but I'm so worried the crowds are going to be unmanageable the week of 3/13. My family didn't experience terrible crowds when they last went four years ago and so naturally they think it'll be the same this time :/ Can anyone reassure me that we're not going to end up in a 120-minute standby line for the teacups at 8:30 am?

Edited to add: Of course, we know it's spring break and everyone expects some amount of line-standing. I'm just worried that since we are going to both Epcot and MK on EMH evenings, it'll be a madhouse open to close and my planning will have been for naught.

They probably won't, I've heard that the first week or so of March is pretty dead. Plus, Easter this year isn't until April 1, and a LOT of spring breaks revolve around that holiday. You should be fine. :woohoo:
Going in August. How far in advance do they send Magic Bands?

So I know this is technically a countdown thread but if no one objects I just want to share some of our trip details since we are here now!

Arrived Saturday-dinner (well, ice cream) at Beaches and Cream. Wait with no res was 2.5hrs. Got seated late even with res but the Mickey sundae was worth it!

Sunday-Magic Kingdom. Definitely crowded with long waits all day. However I did notice a HUGE disrepency in posted vs actual wait times and we were still able to accomplish a lot:

Big Thunder-fp
Haunted Mansion-posted wait 45min at 10am. Actual was 5
Space Mountain-must have been down because posted wait time was 110min at 10:30am. Used fp and waited 10min
People mover and carousel of progress with no wait
Splash mountain-fp (down for a little while in the morning)
Pooh Adventures-4th Fastpass. Posted wait time was between 30-50min all day
Small World-5th Fastpass. Posted wait between 25-45 all day
Jungle Cruise-had time to kill so waited about 30-40min. Posted wait was 70.
Dinner at Liberty Tree
Mine Train-6th fastpass! Posted wait was minimum 60 all day and reached 120 at some points
Tangled photo op, haunted mansion (no fp, 25min posted wait but only waited 5 again) and castle shows/fireworks
Big Thunder-7th Fastpass (25min posted wait)

I was surprised to see most "smaller" rides around 40+min all day. Although at one point a miracle happened and Small World was 45min while Peter Pan was 35 :p

Chilly at night! Went from a sun dress to jeans and a sweater once the sun went down. Excited to see what the rest of the week brings!
We were at MK on a Sunday too - it was pretty busy. We didn’t have a huge agenda and so we were fine - but lines were long.

We did the HEA dessert party, and it was really chilly waiting for the fireworks... the stores were crazy with people buying sweatshirts and even beach towels for warmth!!

8 days! Almost switched resorts yesterday...I have problems with staying with same resort as I first book LOL! However decided to spend the money I'll save on the Caring for Giants tour instead.
Now to just decide between 1900 Park Fair breakfast or Rapunzel breakfast...just me and oldest DD-she did both when she was CM so she is letting me decide...

I just have to get through two work weeks, now! It seems incredibly doable!

I was waiting for my friend to get back to me before I booked Wild Africa Trek- hopign it hasn't sold out!

12 days to go and they can't go fast enough! Getting our 3rd Nor'easter in 2 weeks tomorrow. I do love the snow but this is too much :faint: Got out all my Disney clothes this morning and now have to decide which ones I'm taking :goodvibes Sadly my boys won't wear Disney shirts anymore, so I make up for it by wearing one every day lol

12 days to go and they can't go fast enough! Getting our 3rd Nor'easter in 2 weeks tomorrow. I do love the snow but this is too much :faint: Got out all my Disney clothes this morning and now have to decide which ones I'm taking :goodvibes Sadly my boys won't wear Disney shirts anymore, so I make up for it by wearing one every day lol
You’re 1 day ahead of us, we have 13! :cool1: I’m glad to see you’re thinking about packing. DH shakes his head when I talk about packing already but I don’t think it’s too early at all! With all the snow it’s not like we’re currently wearing the clothes we’re packing so why not get a head start, right?

ugh that snow just seems never ending for you guys!!

1 week from today and we will be landing in MCO! Just booked Caring for Giants tour as a bday present to me!

13 days for me, excited to spend a quick 4 day trip with DM and DD, with DSIL and family joining us for our day at MK :woohoo:

You’re 1 day ahead of us, we have 13! :cool1: I’m glad to see you’re thinking about packing. DH shakes his head when I talk about packing already but I don’t think it’s too early at all! With all the snow it’s not like we’re currently wearing the clothes we’re packing so why not get a head start, right?
Exactly :thumbsup2 Besides when I wait until 2-3 days before we leave to pack something ALWAYS comes up to put me behind schedule; this way I feel like I'm just a little bit ahead of the game. At least until I'm not :laughing:

10 days :cool1:
Hoping next Saturday will bring sunny sky's to the North East or at least no ice or snow. What time is your flight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts