***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

Live in Beautiful Cave Spring!!
I use to drive to Austell everyday from Rome, don't miss that drive! There is no way I could live in or around the Metro or I would be on Channel 2 news as a road rage arrest.
Boss is giving me half a day off so next Thursday. Hope to be on the road no later than noon so that I can be south of Atlanta before the going home madness strikes.
I'm in Gwinnett. :crazy2:

Well I'm happy to report that I will be in Disney tomorrow afternoon!
DD's plane landed a couple hours ago
DS is at airport now with his baseball team headed down!
So excited to get away!

I'm in Gwinnett. :crazy2:

That so made me laugh!!
Well I'm happy to report that I will be at Disney Springs next Friday afternoon!!
Plan on dinner at the T-Rex but you never know where we end up.
Started getting our stuff together to pack tomorrow!!

Got our room ready text yesterday as we were driving through the “welcome to Disney” signs at 2:00. Perfect timing! The pool was great and not super crowded. There are baseball teams everywhere and a few softball teams as well.

We are officially checked out of our room at CBR but we are hanging out at the pool for a few hours and hopefully getting an early room ready text from AoA. This sun is GORGEOUS. Sooooo glad to have nice weather.

I got the suitcase out of the basement, I charged the camcorder batteries and put fresh batteries in the camera. I filled up and finished detailing the truck and loaded the stroller. A quick trip to Wally world for snacks and last minute stuff we decided that we need and then the start packing this afternoon. The extended forecast is looking good with the rain chances going down for our Magic Kingdom day on the 31st . Come on Thursday afternoon!!

95 Percent packed, can't really finish till Thursday morning. It's starting to get real now!!

Checked the Orlando Fox 35 weather forecast and it shows only a 10% chance of rain while we are there!! We have had so much rain in North Georgia I'm ready for lots of sun and warm!

Last edited:

I was more shocked at the lines for the People Mover! I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice break to get off your feet but 30-40 minute lines!
Count me in on hating the Atlanta traffic! Got caught in a storm driving through on Friday the 15th.
I thought it was definitely busy last week, but it was manageable. We never waited super long for anything, got to ride everything we wanted to. On the last day as we were leaving 7DMT the CM handed us 2 Golden Fastpasses for no reason, so that made our last day extra magical! It’s hard to decide which rides to use them on because you wanna make them count, so we did Space Mountain and Seven Dwarves again

Last edited:
Got home Saturday. :(
We had a fun filled week last week. Enjoyed everything we had planned, crowds were big, but we were fine since we did EMMs and DAHs.
Only bad was taking care of my APs and TIW, and a few other things I HAD to do at GR window at IG. It was a longer process, which I was fine with, had to be done, but this family behind me was SO rude and kept commenting on how I should have done it my hotel (which I couldn't, had to be at GR) and finally I spoke up. And then my very awesome CM spoke up too, thru his window. :) People can be so rude. Honestly, did they think I was enjoying the standing there missing my FPs? AH well, I shrugged it off. The CM said it wasn't bothering him, so it shouldn't bother me. :)
Our drive from Iowa, and home, was smooth, and so glad I went thru AL instead of Atlanta!

Now I have to work on July plans since my CL FPs are next week already! :teeth:

Hearing it's busy but manageable is a relief. In a way I'm not too concerned since it's me the wife and our 3 year old son. We have FP's for all the have to ride rides and thing else is just extra magic. Going slow and easy this time and doing whatever we can do at a pleasurably place.

Congrats on the new house!!
My late Grandfather lived in Kissimmee and loved it there. Looks like another annual passholder in the future!!

Well, we've been passholders during alternate years for about twenty years, if not longer. It'll be nice to get back to Florida Resident passes, which we enjoyed for a brief period way-back-when.

We have EMM tomorrow and they are now forecasting rain. Ugh.

On a happier note, tomorrow's forecasted high is 70 so it shouldn’t be quite so sweltering in the parks. Yesterday it was 88.

We are already talking in “next time”s even though we keep saying it’ll be a few years (4-5) before we come back. But that’s what we said 15mo ago so clearly we are bad at staying away.

We are bad at staying away.
I see nothing wrong with that!! :)

My wife said once and done after we went in September of 2017. She texted me today and said she was looking forward at going back at the end of the week. Current plan is to drive 6 or 7 hours and get as close as we can to Orlando but not really push it. Thinking of driving straight thru now and getting a room overlooking Disney Springs and surprising her. Google maps says 8 hr drive, still thinking it over.

We leave tomorrow!!
I wife and I talked it over and we decided to drive straight thru, so I reserved a room at the Hilton overlooking Disney Springs. Loading the Suburban tonight and should be on the road heading south no later than noon tomorrow! I have to work half a day tomorrow but don't think I'll be very productive!

Herding Cats how are the crowd levels?
Still hoping to get a Mickey Sipper while we are there.

Did emm in Toy story land this morning. IT started rain as we were exiting tsl at 8:55. We hit star tours with no wait, and then had breakfast (handy that it’s right across from backlot express.). Looks like it should clear up by 1030 which is good timing since that’s when we are hopping to AK.

Looks like I will be joining the June Disney group. We have to go back to Florida in June for a family event. I am excited all over again. However, this time I think we are only going to do MK. Also, try the park that shall not be named.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter