****Official May 2019 thread****

It is bittersweet to announce that I'll no longer be participating in the May 2019 Happy Dance thread. It is true. Due to a significant conflicting event for each of my older kids in early May we moved our trip to the beginning of April to coincide with their Spring Break. Fortunately, it appears that our new dates fit nicely in a slower stretch of the Spring Break period as shown by the poll here on disboards. The additional elbow room offered in early May would have been nice but alas, it was not to be. Cheers all!
Glad you were able to reschedule rather than cancel!

It’s almost adr time!! What’s on everyone’s lists?
Funny I was just coming here to write that my plans are starting to firm up :goodvibes
May 3rd I'll be having dinner with 20ish of my closest DIS friends
May 4th a bunch of us are doing the Illuminations Cruise, first time for me!
May 5th is CG brunch, also new to me & with 25-30 DIS friends :cheer2:
May 5th will also be dinner at either Yachtsman or Flying Fish with another couple from the DIS who have become good friends, and otherwise lots of F&G eating and :drinking1

That's a good question! I need to get with my friend to see if she has anything on her wishlist beyond my suggestions of Be Our Guest Lunch and 'Ohana dinner. Her family aren't really early morning type people but I'm hoping I can get them to go with us to Garden Grill for a pre-park opening breakfast. We still have plenty of time to decide thankfully!

Yay ADR time! I've been in a Disney lull but time to get back to it! I know all the places we want to go to just need to decide on the times. I think the May park hours should be released in the next few days right? That should help... even though I know they will change before hand cause it's disney.

I found the key to getting my husband extra into Disney trips is making sure he chooses some of the restaurants lol.

Liberty Tree Tavern - Last trip we went for apps and desserts and now he needs to try the all you can eat meal.
Ohana - We both love this and its now a must do. Despite the up and down reviews so far we have been okay.
Rose & Crown - My pick cause I really want to try it.
Homecoming - Cause the reviews are so good and I know the husband will love the fried chicken.
Whispering Canyon - Always wanted to try it and since we are going to be staying at Wilderness Lodge its a must do!
Hoop Dee Doo - We loved this on our last trip and husband really wants to do it again and since we are just up the trail at WL it was an easy choice... and I really LOVE that cornbread!
Giordano's - Okay not a Disney restaurant but its become our thing to always order in delivery once a trip. We don't have them in Canada and my husband loves that meat pizza... it's like 7 lbs!!!!

So what are everyone else's plans?!!

Our adrs are mostly tried and true, but some new to us.

CRT breakfast or lunch depending on when I get BBB
Crystal Palace breakfast
Garden Grill breakfast
Via Napoli late lunch
San Angel Inn dinner
1900 Park Fare both breakfast and dinner
Artist Point new Snow White dinner
Chef Mickey (we’re staying in the contemporary and it’s an easy departure day breakfast on a non park day)
Be Our Guest breakfast or lunch. Or both.
Tusker House breakfast
Hollywood and Vine breakfast w Fantasmic package

Yay ADR time! I've been in a Disney lull but time to get back to it! I know all the places we want to go to just need to decide on the times. I think the May park hours should be released in the next few days right? That should help... even though I know they will change before hand cause it's disney.

I found the key to getting my husband extra into Disney trips is making sure he chooses some of the restaurants lol.

Liberty Tree Tavern - Last trip we went for apps and desserts and now he needs to try the all you can eat meal.
Ohana - We both love this and its now a must do. Despite the up and down reviews so far we have been okay.
Homecoming - Cause the reviews are so good and I know the husband will love the fried chicken.
Whispering Canyon - Always wanted to try it and since we are going to be staying at Wilderness Lodge its a must do!
Hoop Dee Doo - We loved this on our last trip and husband really wants to do it again and since we are just up the trail at WL it was an easy choice... and I really LOVE that cornbread!
Giordano's - Okay not a Disney restaurant but its become our thing to always order in delivery once a trip. We don't have them in Canada and my husband loves that meat pizza... it's like 7 lbs!!!!

Oh yes thanks for reminding me, we have to do Whispering Canyon as well since we're staying DVC at WL. I hoping we can get a breakfast and lunch there this time. Also I gotta say thumbs up on the Giordanos! It's local to me so I don't go there much but I do take people who visit from out of town. The chicken sausage one is great too.

Oh yes thanks for reminding me, we have to do Whispering Canyon as well since we're staying DVC at WL. I hoping we can get a breakfast and lunch there this time. Also I gotta say thumbs up on the Giordanos! It's local to me so I don't go there much but I do take people who visit from out of town. The chicken sausage one is great too.

Wait a minute. Hold up. Is that the same giordanos from Chicago?! That is my favorite! I’ve even shipped it to NY.

We won’t have a car, but would they deliver to Disney hotels lol. I want it......

Found my answer. Soooooo excited.

Staying in one of the many famous Walt Disney World Resorts? We got you covered! Giordano’s offers PIZZA DELIVERY IN ORLANDO to all of the major resorts. You don’t have to sacrifice quality when it’s late, because Giordano’s delivery service is available when you need it. Satisfy your late night cravings after a long day at the attractions by giving us a call so we can deliver dinner directly to your door.

Wait a minute. Hold up. Is that the same giordanos from Chicago?! That is my favorite! I’ve even shipped it to NY.

We won’t have a car, but would they deliver to Disney hotels lol. I want it......
Found my answer. Soooooo excited.

Staying in one of the many famous Walt Disney World Resorts? We got you covered! Giordano’s offers PIZZA DELIVERY IN ORLANDO to all of the major resorts. You don’t have to sacrifice quality when it’s late, because Giordano’s delivery service is available when you need it. Satisfy your late night cravings after a long day at the attractions by giving us a call so we can deliver dinner directly to your door.

Lol yes it is. Enjoy!

Our adrs are mostly tried and true, but some new to us.

CRT breakfast or lunch depending on when I get BBB
Crystal Palace breakfast
Garden Grill breakfast
Via Napoli late lunch
San Angel Inn dinner
1900 Park Fare both breakfast and dinner
Artist Point new Snow White dinner
Chef Mickey (we’re staying in the contemporary and it’s an easy departure day breakfast on a non park day)
Be Our Guest breakfast or lunch. Or both.
Tusker House breakfast
Hollywood and Vine breakfast w Fantasmic package

Oooh! I really wanted to try Crystal Palace as the Pooh French stuff toast sounds so good! And Via Napoli is becoming my white whale. I plan on going but always end up cancelling or going elsewhere. Le sigh

Yay for Giordano’s! It’s always a must do for us now cause it’s so good. This trip though I’m planning on getting it in our 2nd night and that way we have the rest of the trip to get through the leftovers lol.

Oh man, now I’m wondering if we should try for lunch at WC now as well as breakfast. lol We can Always try for a last minute ADR though too.

I’ll mention the chicken sausage Giordanos to the husband but I think he only has eyes for the meat meat meat one. Lol

We just ate here in Sept for the first time in a few years and it was so good, kind of wish we were going back on our trip in 2 weeks!

Hoop Dee Doo - We loved this on our last trip and husband really wants to do it aga
Love HDDR!
Also really like WCC especially breakfast and lunch. Haven't done dinner in awhile but I'm sure it's as good as the other meals :)

Narcosses for dinner
Boma for dinne
Two of my favorites :thumbsup2

This morning was adr day! This trip is so different than our last, much longer and just dh and myself. I’m having a hard time planning and deciding this far out. Last trip was 2016 for dd’s 18th bd and hs grad so wanted BOG, CRT and CG to splurge and celebrate. I don’t feel like anything this trip will be that hard to get.

This I what I have so far, if anyone has any recommendations for an adults only trip I’d love to hear them, quick and table service.

Skipper’s Canteen-dh is looking forward to a beer in MK, we usually hit a monorail resort for lunch on our MK day
Sanaa-lunch and looking forward to exploring Kidani and Jambo resorts
California Grill Brunch
Frontera Cocina
HEA Fireworks Dessert Party, garden view
Spice Road Table, hoping for Illuminations view seat at late dinner
Flying Fish for the last night of our trip

Have no plans for arrival day, will probably boat from POFQ to Disney Springs. There are so many options!

I’m about a week away from booking ADRs I’m so excited! We’re on the standard dining plan (first time ever yaaaass!) and here’s our plans:

Boatwrights Dining Hall: Dinner (1TS)
‘Ohana: Dinner (1TS)
CRT: Dinner (2TS - worried it’s not worth it having read a bunch of stuff)
Boma: Dinner (1TS)
Chef Arts Homecoming: Dinner (1TS)
Be Our Guest: Lunch (1QS)
1900 Park Fare: Breakfast (again probably a waste of a credit for breakfast but it’s tradition 1TS)
Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre: Lunch (1TS)

Any thoughts on these?

I’m about a week away from booking ADRs I’m so excited! We’re on the standard dining plan (first time ever yaaaass!) and here’s our plans:

Boatwrights Dining Hall: Dinner (1TS)
‘Ohana: Dinner (1TS)
CRT: Dinner (2TS - worried it’s not worth it having read a bunch of stuff)
Boma: Dinner (1TS)
Chef Arts Homecoming: Dinner (1TS)
Be Our Guest: Lunch (1QS)
1900 Park Fare: Breakfast (again probably a waste of a credit for breakfast but it’s tradition 1TS)
Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre: Lunch (1TS)

Any thoughts on these?

We’re on the dining plan too and we use some credits for breakfast. The character meals are still expensive so I think it’s worth it.

I don’t use credits for crt though bc I don’t think it’s a good value to have to pay two credits for.

Got bibbidi for 815am for our second day followed by breakfast at crt. I called right at 7am and someone picked up right away! He said he would look for the first availability at MK and how I got lucky. How that almost never happens. Phew. Now I can relax until March 5 for fast passes.

Can’t wait to hear how everybody else is doing with adrs.

Made ADRs today for most of my trip. Doing a split stay so still have a couple to fill in at end of trip. Pretty happy with my choices and times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!