****Official May 2019 thread****

This is my daughter’s college graduation trip... so she picked all our ADRs.

Crystal Palace
La Hacienda de San Angel (Timed to watch Illuminations)
Spirit of Aloha
Tiffins
Beaches and Cream
High Tea at Garden View Cafe
Morimoto Asia

Illuminations is her favorite. This will be her last chance to see it before it’s retired. As a surprise, we’re doing the fireworks cruise and will watch Illuminations from a boat !!!!!
Was ecstatic when I got that booked!!!

I had an issue with Poly IPO. Apparently my reservation was not updated in the disney system and they were not willing to do my reservations on Saturday. I got it fixed but in the mean time I made 3 ADRs myself. Arrival night at Narcoossee's, Second night at Cape May Café for dinner buffet and final night at California Grill. We will discuss breakfasts over the holiday, but I know that we are going to do 1900 Park Faire, Ohana and maybe Tusker House or Chef Mickey's. Going to look into tours soon, but not sure that we'll do any this time. We usually do the Aqua Seas tour and last time we were there we did the Epcot Segway tour which was awesome and of course discontinued. Anyone have any recommendations on good tours or events? We obviously haven't been there for a while.

Last edited:
Ahhh drama over our flights. The airline went and majorly messed up our original flight itinerary BUT the good news is since we can no longer take a red-eye as planned they are paying for one night's hotel so we're arriving around 6pm and we'll have 2 full days at Universal instead of 1.5.

Ahhh drama over our flights. The airline went and majorly messed up our original flight itinerary BUT the good news is since we can no longer take a red-eye as planned they are paying for one night's hotel so we're arriving around 6pm and we'll have 2 full days at Universal instead of 1.5.

I haven’t even booked our flights yet. I’m waiting out JetBlue in a chess match until the lower the fares.

I booked jetblue out of JFK and thought I got a good deal the night that the flights were available for purchase.

I haven’t even booked our flights yet. I’m waiting out JetBlue in a chess match until the lower the fares.

My experience flying from Vancouver is that booking earlier most often is the cheapest. So I wait for a price I like and then book. Waiting has never worked out well for me.

Oh man, I messed up our flights originally. I had it marked with reminders that Southwest would release on Nov 15, I even traded my work shift so i could be home in the morning to book first thing. Then one day I randomly checked in late October and the flights had already been released?!!!! So yeah, apparently they released Sep 27th-ish. Not sure what happened... did I see the wrong date? Did they change it? Doesn't really matter now... I booked the flights(hopefully not paying too much more from release date.... atleast thats what i'm going to tell myself). Our departure flight is earlier then I would like, 7am I think, but it saves $200. Seeing as I will be working on Christmas and new years maybe some of that extra holiday pay can be put towards changing the flight it to a little later departure so we don't have to catch the tragical express at 4 or 5am :crazy2:

Going to look into tours soon, but not sure that we'll do any this time. We usually do the Aqua Seas tour and last time we were there we did the Epcot Segway tour which was awesome and of course discontinued. Anyone have any recommendations on good tours or events? We obviously haven't been there for a while.

Only tour we have done is the Wild Africa Trek which we loved. It was such an enjoyable experience and just so neat getting to walk some forested trails to check out the animal exhibits and then having lunch looking over the savanna. It is pretty pricey though but it was our honeymoon and I wanted to make sure we experienced it (since you never know when Disney might change something and take it away).

While we aren't doing any tours this trip I would love to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour, that's next on my tour goals!!

Oh man, I messed up our flights originally. I had it marked with reminders that Southwest would release on Nov 15, I even traded my work shift so i could be home in the morning to book first thing. Then one day I randomly checked in late October and the flights had already been released?!!!! So yeah, apparently they released Sep 27th-ish. Not sure what happened... did I see the wrong date? Did they change it? Doesn't really matter now... I booked the flights(hopefully not paying too much more from release date.... atleast thats what i'm going to tell myself). Our departure flight is earlier then I would like, 7am I think, but it saves $200. Seeing as I will be working on Christmas and new years maybe some of that extra holiday pay can be put towards changing the flight it to a little later departure so we don't have to catch the tragical express at 4 or 5am :crazy2:

Ok haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who got caught by that change. Thankfully, I happened to be looking a few days after the early release and was able to book. Too bad my ideal flight was way overpriced. I'm hoping it'll come down somewhat once the new year rolls around...

ADRs
'Ohana
Garden Grill
Tusker House
Trattoria al Forno
Jiko
Skipper Canteen

The only one we've done before is Tusker House. Did I pick well?
My two most recent experiences at Ohana were very disappointing to me, but the other restaurants on your list look great. I've been to all those except Trattoria al Forno, which gets good reviews.

ADRs
'Ohana
Garden Grill
Tusker House
Trattoria al Forno
Jiko
Skipper Canteen

Are you doing the bon voyage breakfast at trattoria al forno? We did that and enjoyed it.

Your picks look good.

ADRs
'Ohana
Garden Grill
Tusker House
Trattoria al Forno
Jiko
Skipper Canteen

We really enjoyed Tusker House for lunch on our May 2016 trip. We’re looking forward to Skipper Canteen for the first time this May.

How’s everyone doing? Adrs all set?
This is what I have now, who knows how much I’ll modify between now and May

Skipper Canteen
Sanaa
California Grill brunch
Frontera Cocina
Happily Ever After Dessert Party
Flying Fish

We have a few days with no adr’s, we’ll probably restaurant hop at Disney Springs. Saw a post about doing a progressive dinner type thing, apps at one restaurant, mains at another and if we still have room dessert at another. Thought that sounded like a neat way to try more places and since it’s just me and dh this trip we don’t mind sitting at the bar and not taking a table if it’s busy.

I only have reservations for Narcoossee's arrival night, California Grill last night and Cape May Café second night. I'm trying to not plan my whole week months before we arrive. I know we want to do 1900 Park Faire and Tusker House for character breakfasts and Le Cellier for dinner, but I haven't made those moves yet. Certainly going to do Ohana and Kona since we are staying at Poly.

Hey everyone! Figured I should join in now that my November trip is over and my next trip is in May for my DUH DUH DUH 40th birthday extravaganza on May 9th! DH and I are staying at the Poly for the first time, and since it's a big deal birthday, we're trying to do extras we wouldn't normally do. Our 15th anniversary is on May 1 so originally we were going to go from May 1-12 but the Poly wasn't available the whole time and I didn't want to do a split stay so now our dates are May 8-15. But, I may add on a few days at the beginning of the trip and stay at Universal for a couple of days.

So far for ADR's I have the Cali Grill brunch, Cali Grill on my birthday (5/9), Storybook Dining at Artist Point, Yachtsman, 50's Prime Time, and our favorite breakfasts 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House, and Trattoria al Forno. We've never been to AP, Yachtsman, or 50's so those will be new to us.
I look forward to planning with you all :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter