"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it typical for random dates to get sold out? By random I mostly mean dates that aren't the first and last parties and dates that aren't right near the holidays. Just seems surprising that 12/1 is sold out. Is this typical?
Also keep in mind that Thursday 11/30 there is no party bc of the CM event so likely people who would have gone Thursday had to pick Friday

Where does Moana meet in adventure land? And I remember seeing a magic shot with floating lanterns.....now I can’t find anything.....does anyone know where that’s at?

Where does Moana meet in adventure land? And I remember seeing a magic shot with floating lanterns.....now I can’t find anything.....does anyone know where that’s at?

It's not a magic shot, but there's a photopass spot at the Tangled bathrooms where you can hold a glowing lantern (and you can see the lanterns in the background that are hanging by the bathrooms). It makes a really nice photo :-)

It's not a magic shot, but there's a photopass spot at the Tangled bathrooms where you can hold a glowing lantern (and you can see the lanterns in the background that are hanging by the bathrooms). It makes a really nice photo :-)

Thank you!!!!

Does anyone know if you have a good view of Mickey's Merriest Celebration from the Plaza dessert party viewing spot?

I’ve just been told that last year the last couple of parties were oversold and people were refused entry even though they had bought party tickets.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct as we have tickets for this years last party on 12/22 but we also have an ADR for Ohana at 6:40 so didn’t have plans to get to the party till about 8pm

I’ve just been told that last year the last couple of parties were oversold and people were refused entry even though they had bought party tickets.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct as we have tickets for this years last party on 12/22 but we also have an ADR for Ohana at 6:40 so didn’t have plans to get to the party till about 8pm

Never heard a peep about that and can't imagine it not ending up here if it was happening. Where did you hear that?

Any thing I've read about "oversold" parties is when guests feel that Disney oversold the event and it led to too many guests at the parties leading to crowded parties. I haven't read anything about not being admitted.

Never heard a peep about that and can't imagine it not ending up here if it was happening. Where did you hear that?

One of my best friends, who I met through the DIS so is equally disney mad said her cousin told het as it actually happened to her last year !

Any thing I've read about "oversold" parties is when guests feel that Disney oversold the event and it led to too many guests at the parties leading to crowded parties. I haven't read anything about not being admitted.

That’s exactly what I thought which is why I asked the question. I couldn’t believe that if that had occurred it wouldn’t have been reported on here virtually immediately and then someone would have brought the subject up again this year.

We have tickets for MVMCP on a date that will sell out I’m sure. They only thing on my to do list is to see holiday wishes. The rest of the time we will ride rides and eat treats! Where are some good spots to view holiday wishes?

I see that my party date (12/1) is sold out :sad2: I hope the crowds aren't too crazy...
I wondered if we might be. The dessert parties have been sold out for two weeks, and I assumed that was a sign.

ETA, I AM stressing. I've been trying so hard to avoid it, even ponied up for Kenny the Pirate's personalized party plan, but I'm struggling between what I want to do, knowing it's the only time I'll be there with my now youngish son (12 years old) for the holidays, and what he's going to be able and willing to tolerate.

We're AP, so we've got FPs for 7DMT, PP, and JC earlier in the afternoon, and we'll do the Santa M&G, then, too. For the party, we'll line up by 5:00 for the Seven Dwarfs, which is my bucket list picture. After that, the kiddo wants the Sorcerer's card, I want a spot on Main Street for the 8:30 parade (2nd parade is not an option), and as long as we're near-ish to the castle for Holiday Wishes, I'm fine with that. But knowing how much we'll have to wait for the Dwarfs, and how long we'll have to park it on Main for the parade, I feel like I'm cheating the kid out of unlimited rides on BTMRR and Buzz.

That said, he's told me multiple times that this is "my" trip, and I can plan what I want. Which OF COURSE alleviates all the guilt... NOT.

SUGGESTIONS?????

Last edited:
Is it typical for random dates to get sold out? By random I mostly mean dates that aren't the first and last parties and dates that aren't right near the holidays. Just seems surprising that 12/1 is sold out. Is this typical?

I think Fridays sell out faster. Maybe because it's the first Friday in December, or first Friday after Thanksgiving week.

I believe the Pop Warner competitions over in ESPN start December 2nd. While the football and cheerleading kids may not have the time or funds to attend the parties, you can bet there will be plenty of mom & dads tagging along who will want to.

I wondered if we might be. The dessert parties have been sold out for two weeks, and I assumed that was a sign.

ETA, I AM stressing. I've been trying so hard to avoid it, even ponied up for Kenny the Pirate's personalized party plan, but I'm struggling between what I want to do, knowing it's the only time I'll be there with my now youngish son (12 years old) for the holidays, and what he's going to be able and willing to tolerate.

We're AP, so we've got FPs for 7DMT, PP, and JC earlier in the afternoon, and we'll do the Santa M&G, then, too. For the party, we'll line up by 5:00 for the Seven Dwarfs, which is my bucket list picture. After that, the kiddo wants the Sorcerer's card, I want a spot on Main Street for the 8:30 parade (2nd parade is not an option), and as long as we're near-ish to the castle for Holiday Wishes, I'm fine with that. But knowing how much we'll have to wait for the Dwarfs, and how long we'll have to park it on Main for the parade, I feel like I'm cheating the kid out of unlimited rides on BTMRR and Buzz.

That said, he's told me multiple times that this is "my" trip, and I can plan what I want. Which OF COURSE alleviates all the guilt... NOT.

SUGGESTIONS?????

They will start giving the Sorcerer's card out at 4 pm (at least they did when we did MNSSHP). Would you be able to pick it up before you line up for the Seven Dwarves at 5 pm? If so, that will give you some more time between Seven Dwarves and getting a spot for the parade so you can do some rides. Was he planning on using the card at the party? If not, you could also pick it up on your way out of the park.

I'm completely re-configuring our party plans AGAIN, LOL! I am now thinking we should watch the first parade down by the train station. If we do this, what time would you recommend we look for a spot. Would 8 pm be sufficient?

To those who have already attending a party this year, what are your thoughts oin this schedule?

4PM: use FPs for JC and Pirates
5:00 - 5:30 - get in line for 7D
7:40 - Merriest Celebration
8:15 - Frozen Holiday Wish
Break for Rides, Snacks, etc.
10:00 - Holiday Wishes
11:00 - Parade - near train station so we get snow and can be close to the exit.

Would appreciate any feedback on the party plan below for 12/05, including where & when you would campout to view the 1st parade & fireworks:

4:50pm FP Haunted Mansion

Adventureland/Frontierland
-Line up for Moana (5:45pm start)
-Tortuga Tavern Treat
-Meet Peter Pan (Roaming)
-Ride Pirates
-Ride Splash Mountain

Liberty Square
-Liberty Square Ticket Office Treat
-See Jack Skellington

7:15pm Get Spot for Christmas Parade

Fantasyland
-7D Mine Train
-Pinnichio Village Haus Treats
-Friars Nook Treat
-Magic Shot - Rapunzel’s Lantern
-Meet Repunzel & Flynn Ryder
-Ride Winnie the Pooh
-Meet Tigger & Friends

10pm Holiday Wishes

Tomorrowland
-Cosmic Ray Treat
-Cosmic Ray Dance Party
-Auntie Gravity Treat
-Ride Buzz Lightyear
-Ride Space Mountain
-Meet Nick & Judy

10:45pm Totally Tomorrowland Show

Ride/See Anything

Main St
-Magic Shot Christmas Tinker Bell
-Magic Shot Olaf
-Meet Santa
-Meet Mickey

11:55pm MMMC

Would appreciate any feedback on the party plan below for 12/05, including where & when you would campout to view the 1st parade & fireworks:

-Tortuga Tavern Treat
-Ride Pirates
-Ride Splash Mountain

Liberty Square
-See Jack Skellington

Fantasyland
-7D Mine Train
-Friars Nook Treat
-Ride Winnie the Pooh
-Meet Tigger & Friends

10pm Holiday Wishes

Tomorrowland
-Cosmic Ray Treat
-Cosmic Ray Dance Party
-Auntie Gravity Treat
-Ride Buzz Lightyear
-Ride Space Mountain
-Meet Nick & Judy

Ride/See Anything

Main St
-Magic Shot Olaf
-Meet Santa
-Meet Mickey

You plan on doing everything on this list in 1 Christmas party?

-Tortuga Tavern Treat
-Ride Pirates
-Ride Splash Mountain

Liberty Square
-See Jack Skellington

Fantasyland
-7D Mine Train
-Friars Nook Treat
-Ride Winnie the Pooh
-Meet Tigger & Friends

10pm Holiday Wishes

Tomorrowland
-Cosmic Ray Treat
-Cosmic Ray Dance Party
-Auntie Gravity Treat
-Ride Buzz Lightyear
-Ride Space Mountain
-Meet Nick & Judy

Ride/See Anything

Main St
-Magic Shot Olaf
-Meet Santa
-Meet Mickey

Ambitious!

Since a lot of the items listed are getting treats which don't take long you'll probably get a lot of this in. And if I'm reading correctly you are not planning on meeting Jack Skellington, just seeing him as you go past? If so the biggest issue that jumps out is with Tomorrowland. Little chance to get Buzz, SM and meet Nick and Judy as well as the 2 treat stops and Dance party in between fireworks and 10:45pm. Fireworks is going to take up approx 20 minutes of that time. I'd think about dropping a lot of the treat stops in the whole plan - you can get them all at Pinocchio's. I'd be prepared to have to skip some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter