OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

Where did you hear this? From food poison or colds?
Apparently mainly stomach viruses....seeing it on the facebook boards. Now granted, people aren't going to post "hey I stayed healthy in Disney", so I was just curious how everyone who is there/was there recently was doing :)

Anyone who uses TouringPlans room finder for faxes...all three of my request (separate reservations for family) were granted! We didn't get the exact room numbers but our Magic Kingdom view & near each other for Wilderness Lodge and close to parking request at Pop Century were all granted! Here is a view from our room last week, Wilderness Lodge room 6004.
fnloOtt7WAxQs2t0WNPpqasGYVdNNMfKYJUjPk-AFK-YvgHCYwV--RYmKL0-rzLHCsyZPImTkUNCp5vof-1MoTcJGpTscrmqORqjCUvns9ooGCqPHsKQ5sELfpfgGGUtZnFNL9be

Anyone who uses TouringPlans room finder for faxes...all three of my request (separate reservations for family) were granted! We didn't get the exact room numbers but our Magic Kingdom view & near each other for Wilderness Lodge and close to parking request at Pop Century were all granted! Here is a view from our room last week, Wilderness Lodge room 6004.
fnloOtt7WAxQs2t0WNPpqasGYVdNNMfKYJUjPk-AFK-YvgHCYwV--RYmKL0-rzLHCsyZPImTkUNCp5vof-1MoTcJGpTscrmqORqjCUvns9ooGCqPHsKQ5sELfpfgGGUtZnFNL9be

That view is awesome.

Anyone who uses TouringPlans room finder for faxes...all three of my request (separate reservations for family) were granted! We didn't get the exact room numbers but our Magic Kingdom view & near each other for Wilderness Lodge and close to parking request at Pop Century were all granted!

I was really bummed when we got our room assignment after using TouringPlans for POP because it was nowhere near where I had wanted. However, once we got into our room I was very happy. We didn’t get the requested area because it’s currently being remodeled (which I didn’t know when I made the request). But, they gave us a remodeled room! We were fairly close to both the transportation and main building so that was a plus!

I was really bummed when we got our room assignment after using TouringPlans for POP because it was nowhere near where I had wanted. However, once we got into our room I was very happy. We didn’t get the requested area because it’s currently being remodeled (which I didn’t know when I made the request). But, they gave us a remodeled room! We were fairly close to both the transportation and main building so that was a plus!

I hope we get a refurbished room at POP. I just want to see one. What building are you in?

Does anyone know if you can still charge to your room after checkout? The resort just applied a credit to my room due to my AP discount at CRT never being processed. However, it’s our checkout day and they already charged my card for the balance. Or will that just appear as a refund on my card later?

we leave in the morning!!! 5am we will be rolling out to I20 hoping for a smooth ride down without too much traffic and nonsense. Last time 3 years ago we hit construction near Tallahassee and were at a stand still for an hour ugh.

We will be overnighting in Tallahassee and in Orlando Friday afternoon. Saturday morning all systems go for DISNEY! I might cry!

Does anyone know if you can still charge to your room after checkout? The resort just applied a credit to my room due to my AP discount at CRT never being processed. However, it’s our checkout day and they already charged my card for the balance. Or will that just appear as a refund on my card later?
You can charge to your room on check out day and they will just charge your card a second time for the balance of the charges. Hopefully, they will post a refund to your credit card if you have a credit balance. If you are still at the resort today than I would go to concierge and make sure they handle the refund properly. We had a problem getting our $5.00 refund for a locker key return. They "adjusted it" rather than refund our money and the CM would not believe me when I told her that I was due a refund.

We're finally in our room and the kiddos are taking a much needed nap. Something weird happened to me during check in. I tried to use my credit union World Master Card for incidentals and room charges. The desk said it was denied. I never keep a high balance on any of my cards and more often than not they are fully paid off. I just went to the bank yesterday to let them know I was traveling so I was surprised it didn't work.

I said oh well I'll call the bank and get this fixed then try again later. So we went to grab a bite for lunch and I started calling. The bank said that they have no record of disney even trying to access my card at all. I tried to use my dining plan to pay for lunch and the desk never had me set up a pin so I figured this would be a good opportunity to charge something to my card. No issues, worked like a charm.

I went back to the desk and I still can't use this card on the room account. I have a pretty significant amount of rewards points built up so I was planning on using this card to pay for dining gratuities etc and use the points I've earned.

The CM suggested that I go to the gift shop and buy a gift card for the amount that I'm planning on charging back to the room. That's went I started to get a little irked. I told him that I have gift cards I'm planning on using already and that I've spoken to my bank and they say the issue isn't on their end and the card is fine. It's not like this is a backwater fcu card, it's an international MC.

Long story short they opened up a case with their internal IT and a manager opened up my room account without a CC on file. But I feel like I had to go through too much to get to that point.

I also called my bank to see if the lunch charge is there....yup, posted with no issue.

Hopefully we'll get it sorted out before we check out.

You can charge to your room on check out day and they will just charge your card a second time for the balance of the charges. Hopefully, they will post a refund to your credit card if you have a credit balance. If you are still at the resort today than I would go to concierge and make sure they handle the refund properly. We had a problem getting our $5.00 refund for a locker key return. They "adjusted it" rather than refund our money and the CM would not believe me when I told her that I was due a refund.

Thank you! I took a chance on the charging and it worked. I used most of the refund up today.

All in all we had a wonderful vacation. We had some not so great experiences, but the good ones were so much higher in number. Most importantly, my daughter was happy. She cried during Happy Ever After because she was so happy. I can’t ask for more than that. I wanted to make her dream come true, and I’m so happy it did! Now I have to start planning to take my husband and son!

Thank you! I took a chance on the charging and it worked. I used most of the refund up today.

All in all we had a wonderful vacation. We had some not so great experiences, but the good ones were so much higher in number. Most importantly, my daughter was happy. She cried during Happy Ever After because she was so happy. I can’t ask for more than that. I wanted to make her dream come true, and I’m so happy it did! Now I have to start planning to take my husband and son!

Awww

We're finally in our room and the kiddos are taking a much needed nap. Something weird happened to me during check in. I tried to use my credit union World Master Card for incidentals and room charges. The desk said it was denied. I never keep a high balance on any of my cards and more often than not they are fully paid off. I just went to the bank yesterday to let them know I was traveling so I was surprised it didn't work.

I said oh well I'll call the bank and get this fixed then try again later. So we went to grab a bite for lunch and I started calling. The bank said that they have no record of disney even trying to access my card at all. I tried to use my dining plan to pay for lunch and the desk never had me set up a pin so I figured this would be a good opportunity to charge something to my card. No issues, worked like a charm.

I went back to the desk and I still can't use this card on the room account. I have a pretty significant amount of rewards points built up so I was planning on using this card to pay for dining gratuities etc and use the points I've earned.

The CM suggested that I go to the gift shop and buy a gift card for the amount that I'm planning on charging back to the room. That's went I started to get a little irked. I told him that I have gift cards I'm planning on using already and that I've spoken to my bank and they say the issue isn't on their end and the card is fine. It's not like this is a backwater fcu card, it's an international MC.

Long story short they opened up a case with their internal IT and a manager opened up my room account without a CC on file. But I feel like I had to go through too much to get to that point.

I also called my bank to see if the lunch charge is there....yup, posted with no issue.

Hopefully we'll get it sorted out before we check out.

I always have problems with my cards at Disney. Well just at the front desk. But they usually resolve it easily when I go downstairs. Hopefully they figure it out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter