*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

What size luggage does everyone use for a pre teen? We are getting new luggage this year and I can't decide what size to get for my oldest. Any recommendations?:) (He is 11)

We hate checking bags so we use the largest ones you can still carry on. This time we might check them though and just have them delivered to our rooms later.

Anyway, I got the Samsonite roller bags with the four wheels for my 11 and 13 year-olds (and myself) which we tried out in April for our week long trip to GA and they were great! Not sure the size but we were allowed to carry them on and they held enough for the week. For Disney they will both only have sneakers which they will wear on the plane, and a pair of flip flops for the pool, and one pair of "nice" shoes for our few dinners in nicer restaurants.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do this disney trip. We're doing a split stay on/off resort where we're joining my extended family after our on property trip. I've never had to manage other people's trips to Disney, and I'm by nature an over accomodator. We have people ranging in age from 2-75, with kids across families who want to hang and ride together. While I want to get my family to the parks at rode drop, my brothers family will meander over... eventually. I'm trying to figure out how to use the early time wisely for my own kids, while not going on rides that they would rather ride with their cousins. Instead of being able to knock out my daily plan quickly, I find myself messing around making schedules in touring plans over and over (and over and over).

Not a unique problem. Poor me and my inability to schedule a PERFECT disney day.

Has anybody heard anything concrete regarding Category 1 seating for Mickey's Backyard BBQ on Thanksgiving Day? We now have a 2:30 and a 5pm ADR, both are category 2. There was never an option to even think about Category 1 upon booking. I called and the CM said it wasn't available. I asked further for clarification if it was sold out or simply not released yet. It just seemed odd that there would be no option. Would figure it would give you an option, but have category 1 greyed out if it was open but sold out. CM understood the difference between it being sold out vs not released yet,and she seemed to feel that from her end it looked as if it was indeed not yet released. Does anyone have any further insight or experience on how this works? Should I call in every morning? Do they often hold back the premium seating for Thanksgiving until closer? If my theory is correct, would I still be able to book it online or only over the phone? Yes, I am aware and ready to pay in full in advance for all 7 in my party. Thanks!

I just saw a couple of CRT reservations for Thanksgiving - party of 6 5:40pm and 6pm. Also a HDDR for 4pm in case anyone is interested.

Isn't it funny? There are a ton of CRT opening s for some reason. I always thought that one was impossible to get.
I think they were held back for some reason when everyone was first booking their ADRs for that week, and now that they've finally been released, people don't know that they are there.

Can I join the roll call? My family of 5 are staying at the Beach Club 11/27-12/4. This is a first trip for all of us and I can't wait! It's been a while coming.

Please update us if you have a chance - just got the call, our WL for POLY filled!! With the pool closures at AKL, we switched to SSR, but now no more changing! Poly is my dream!

Welcome to the roll call/You've been updated, cmarsh! Congrats on the WL pulling through!!

I think they were held back for some reason when everyone was first booking their ADRs for that week, and now that they've finally been released, people don't know that they are there.

I think you are right. I couldn't get a dinner reservation to save my life when my ADRs opened (no problem getting a breakfast or lunch ressie). Then a few days later, there they were!

That’s where we are having Thanksgiving Dinner! What time is your ADR?

We are at Boma for Thanksgiving Day also- our reservation is at 4:25. I am hoping my family will not be stressed about such a nontraditional Thanksgiving dinner!! I had hoped for Garden Grill or LTT, but with a party of 10- beggars cant be choosers!! It was the one reservation I wasn't willing to split our group up for.

We are at Boma for Thanksgiving Day also- our reservation is at 4:25. I am hoping my family will not be stressed about such a nontraditional Thanksgiving dinner!! I had hoped for Garden Grill or LTT, but with a party of 10- beggars cant be choosers!! It was the one reservation I wasn't willing to split our group up for.

Honestly we did TE one year and hated it. It was too crowded and were taken well part our ADR time and food kept running out which was not replaced very quickly. And it was not very good. So far the few times we have been Boma has been wonderful for Thanksgiving dinner. It was not very crowded this early and the food was a nice variety and wonderful.

Will be at All Star Sports Nov. 24th-Dec. 8th. Was hoping for POP but no availability.
Got all of our ADR's we wanted except Coral Reef which is held up until they release the Candlelight packages.

Our first night on the 24th is expected to be very crowded at the parks. We may have fun just walking around. Dinner at the Yatchsman 1st night! Never been there.

Boma normally has the usual Thanksgiving turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes etc. on Thanksgiving along with all the usual Boma foods.

Will be at All Star Sports Nov. 24th-Dec. 8th. Was hoping for POP but no availability.
Got all of our ADR's we wanted except Coral Reef which is held up until they release the Candlelight packages.

Our first night on the 24th is expected to be very crowded at the parks. We may have fun just walking around. Dinner at the Yatchsman 1st night! Never been there.
We will be hanging around our hotel too or risk going to Disney springs!

Has anybody heard anything concrete regarding Category 1 seating for Mickey's Backyard BBQ on Thanksgiving Day? We now have a 2:30 and a 5pm ADR, both are category 2. There was never an option to even think about Category 1 upon booking. I called and the CM said it wasn't available. I asked further for clarification if it was sold out or simply not released yet. It just seemed odd that there would be no option. Would figure it would give you an option, but have category 1 greyed out if it was open but sold out. CM understood the difference between it being sold out vs not released yet,and she seemed to feel that from her end it looked as if it was indeed not yet released. Does anyone have any further insight or experience on how this works? Should I call in every morning? Do they often hold back the premium seating for Thanksgiving until closer? If my theory is correct, would I still be able to book it online or only over the phone? Yes, I am aware and ready to pay in full in advance for all 7 in my party. Thanks!

I’ve also been trying for category 1 on Thanksgiving for 5:00. I haven’t been able to get it. I just assumed it was sold out, but I continue to check religiously!

Definitley doing the Happy Dance here! Checking for Ohana daily, nothing available and I was able to snag a 5:45 for 11/28! The day we originally we wanted even, though we were willing to move things around if needed. I’m so excited!

Now just still trying for Liberty Tree but we all ok with finding something else if that doesn’t pan out.

Hi everyone! I stumbled across this thread and wanted to join the roll call, @Newsies! This is our very first trip to WDW and we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge 11/27 - 12/5! ADR day was last week and I was incredibly nervous as a newcomer/foodie, but we got every single thing we wanted with the exception of a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill or Akershus...I am guessing they will open up when the Candlelight Processional packages do, though. I am looking forward to our first trip, especially being during Christmastime.

Hi everyone! I stumbled across this thread and wanted to join the roll call, @Newsies! This is our very first trip to WDW and we are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge 11/27 - 12/5! ADR day was last week and I was incredibly nervous as a newcomer/foodie, but we got every single thing we wanted with the exception of a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill or Akershus...I am guessing they will open up when the Candlelight Processional packages do, though. I am looking forward to our first trip, especially being during Christmastime.

That's a great time of year to take a first trip! I went that same week last year and couldn't get a GG PPO until the processional packages were open so you're probably right about why you couldn't get one. Happy planning!

We were planning on driving, leaving Thursday night and driving all night and staying at one of the Disney springs hotels for one night and on the way back drive a little over half way and getting a hotel somewhere but decided to fly instead and doing a check in on the 23 room only and planning on going to Disney spring that day and check out on the 24th and check back in for our stay. We found it was going to be cheaper for the 3 of us to fly there and back then it was to drive there and back. Our grandson will be with us and he will be 3 when we go. This will be his third trip with us first time was when he was one and we did his first hair cut in MK and the 2nd time was right before his 2nd birthday. We are planning on going in Sept next year with the whole family and hoping to celebrate my grandson and granddaughter 4th and 2nd birthday while we are there. There birthdays are both in Oct so planning on doing toward the end of Sept and checking out sometime in Oct. Wanting to do another 10 day stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter